June 2013 Weddings
Options

Weekend Plans

Sorry I don't have a better Friday Thread today. Couldn't come up with anything interesting, probably because I've had a crazy, stressful week and have wanted to punch everyone I know in the face. lol

So, what is everyone doing this weekend? Anyone have anything fun planned for the next few weekends?
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Weekend Plans

• Options
    Saturday I have a ton of school work to do (fun). I have to do it while FI is at work, because otherwise he bothers me and i can't get things done. In the afternoon I am going to my brother's for my nephews 3rd birthday.

Sunday I am trying to talk FI into going to pick some pumpkins in the morning. Last night he ran to the supermarket to pick some stuff up for dinner and brought home a Mum and a pumpkin and i think that was his hint that "here's you pumpkin, now we don't have to go." It was still sweet though. Then I'm laying on my couch and watching football all day. FI will come to my parents for the Giants game and dinner. That's it. Nothing fun planned for the upcoming weekends. Going BM dress shopping hopefully in November, that's it though. Booorrriiinnngggg lol.
  • Options
    Are weekends are starting to book up.  I got a phone call yesterday that our rings came in, so we are going to pick them up tomorrow.  The rest of the day will be doing school work and a trip to the gym.  Sunday, I have a baby shower for my FSIL, really not looking forward to it but I have to go since we'll be family in June.  Next weekend I'm going BM dress shopping on Saturday and hopefully meeting my baby cousin on Sunday, who will be a month old by then.  The weekend after that we have our engagement pictures.  At some point in time we will rest and relax over the weekend.

Have a nice weekend ladies!
  • Options
    We're going to the Pumpkin Festival in the town where my fiance teaches tonight, and then we're going to a haunted house. Tomorrow we've got two Halloween parties to go to, so between the Pumpkin Fest tonight and the parties tomorrow, Monday's accountability post should be a trainwreck for me.

Sunday, I absolutely have to finish baking cookies for my sister's wedding next weekend. I need to make 12 dozen cookies, so hopefully it won't take all day (last weekend's cookie marathon ate up a huge chunk of my free time).

I'm hoping work goes quickly today; there is no joy here in Mudville since the Steelers blew it last night. Blah.
  • Options
    rmp - Thanks for the reminder I need to buy a pumpkin!! And are you taking all your BMs shopping at once for their dress?

Susie - Sounds like a busy couple weekends like me!

Emily - What kind of cookies are you baking for her? And are you packaging them as well?

My whole October is crazy!!

This weekend - Saturday - Hair appointment, Make Up appointment then.......... ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS!!!! Eeeeek! I'm super excited and super nervous!!

Sunday - Wedding dress shopping with a few of my BMs =)

Next weekend -  Sat - More wedding dress shopping (And final shopping - I NEED to make my decision after that visit!!)  & Sunday - a scrapbooking breast cancer fundraiser day retreat out of town.

The following weekend - Birthday party, Surprise baby shower for a friend, a halloween fundraiser for another friend whose husband passed away suddenly, brunch with one another friend, and something else packed into that weekend that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

That's just the weekends. My weeks are busy as well!

And if you made it to this sentence, I'm am uber excited to be signing my deposit cheque for my florist right now!!!!!!!!!! One more reasonably sized check off that never ending list haha

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    Lots to do this weekend!  FI's lodge is having a pancake breakfast Saturday morning and after eating there I'll hopefully be able to make it to my dance class but idk, it depends on how busy the guys are and how long it takes them to serve everyone.  Then I've got a meeting to go to and after that schoolwork.  Sunday will be church and a family dinner with extended in-town family and then over to my parents house to see about my dad's phone (poor dad just isn't happy with his current phone...I think he's just at the point where he hates technology because it seems so complicated to him these days).

I'm a sad panda though, FI will be leaving Saturday after his breakfast to go to his aunt's lakehouse to work on stuff there for her during his second layoff week.  I'm trying to get some time off to go down with him next week but since my boss has been out of town I haven't heard yet if I'll get the time off.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We have a couple things planned for this weekend, too! Tomorrow my daughter has her gymnastics class, and then we are meeting up with a friend to go to a farm. FI is working tomorrow, but it would be nice to have some mother/daughter time. Sunday all 3 of us are going to another farm, they are doing Peter Pan hay rides, and my daughter loves Peter Pan, so it should be fun. After that my parents are going to babysit and FI and I will go to the movies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dion, right now, I am going with all 6 girls. But its a little over a month away, so we will see what happens. Congrats on the florist, and good luck with the dress shopping!!!!!
  • Options
    I feel like I haven't posted here in forever.

This weekend, we were supposed to do our open water dives to get our scuba certification, but FI got sick on Tuesday so he hasn't had any practice or learned the skills. Therefore, he can't do it this weekend, and I'm not going to do it without him so we're going to tell the instructors that I caught whatever he has.

Instead, FMIL and FSIL/MOH are coming down tomorrow to visit, try on BM dresses, and look at hotel and rehearsal dinner options. Sunday, I'll be working on homework and cleaning the house.

In other news, our kitten got spayed on Tuesday since I'm home on Fall Break all week so we've spent the last few days keeping her from jumping on absolutely everything. And our furnace wasn't working so we got that fixed this morning. It's been a crazy week at home for me. Back to school Monday.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cadamuscadamus member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    I dont have much going on this weekend! My fi has a flag football game this afternoon. Then we are going to try and go out and do a little gift registery since ppl are already trying to figure out what to get us. I made a deal with my fi that if we get the registeries done this weekend i will watch all 3 lord of the rings movies with him (he hates shopping and i really dont want to sit through 9 hours of one type of movie). I'm having a girls night with a friend of mine tomorrow night. other then that its just relaxing, working on a project for a friend of mine, doing laundry and grocery shopping!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This weekend is the covered bridge festival (biggest deal ever in rural Indiana), but NEXT weekend we will be going home to Chicago for our engagement pictures! Even FI has been obsessing over outfits. Have any of you ladies had your engagement pics yet?? Any tips? :)
  • Options
    My tip is to be comfortable and to feel like yourself. The best pictures are natural ones. Also, e-pics are a great time for a hair trial, although if you hate it, I guess that could be stressful. I would just dress for the weather/location but don't go crazy over outfits, just be yourselves. And have fun, we had a blast during out and i love how they came out.
  • Options
    Dee, I posted and then got swamped at work yesterday, so I'm just now making my way through this thread. To answer your questions: This weekend I'm making Speculoos cookies (it's a Belgian/Dutch cookie butter. It has the same consistency as PB, but tastes like a spiced shortbread cookie). Last weekend I made Nutella cookies. Fortunately, I don't have to do any fancy packaging with them, just throw them in the freezer once they're done so they don't go bad. They're for her cookie table at her wedding- it's a tradition around here, a bunch of relatives and friends offer to bake a ton of cookies, and then you do a big display of them at the reception. Guests can eat them throughout the night or take some home with them. I'll post pictures after her wedding next weekend.

And Fruit, for your engagement pictures, wear something you're comfortable in and that makes you feel like a million bucks. It will come through in your pictures, trust me.
  • Options
    Yesterday, Friday, I got a new phone! I got the new Galaxy S3. I had the original galaxy, so it was an easy choice for me. Plus my brothers girlfriend sells Verizon phones, which made the process less painful. Last night we had a big pasta dinner with all our friends.

This morning we all went out to the summer camp we all worked at for forever and their annual 5K. I've never run their before. The course was crazy hard. Tons of hills and rocks and stuff. My time 35 minutes, which is pretty bad for me. But I hung back with my MOH since it was her first ever 5K and she wanted to run together.

We're going back out to camp in about an hour for our Engagement pictures!!. One of our GM's (who also ran this morning) also happens to be a professional photographer and is doing them for free for us. I'm happy about that, because it would have run us like $300 to bring our photographer out for them. 

Tomorrow, no idea. We may or may not stay another night in Syracuse before heading home. We haven't decided yet. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the tips, ladies! I'm thinking of buying some spanx, lol. Pics are on Thursday, so I've been checking the weather forecast obsessively :) rmp-I thought about doing the hair and makeup trials that morning, but I have no idea who I'm going to choose for those yet! I suck at planning!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:68f6d495-c78f-4764-b0c4-15deabf4f1acPost:3efc0e2f-617a-4e16-9b7c-7d39e2ad33ea">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dee, I posted and then got swamped at work yesterday, so I'm just now making my way through this thread. To answer your questions: This weekend I'm making Speculoos cookies (it's a Belgian/Dutch cookie butter. It has the same consistency as PB, but tastes like a spiced shortbread cookie). Last weekend I made Nutella cookies. Fortunately, I don't have to do any fancy packaging with them, just throw them in the freezer once they're done so they don't go bad. They're for her cookie table at her wedding- it's a tradition around here, a bunch of relatives and friends offer to bake a ton of cookies, and then you do a big display of them at the reception. Guests can eat them throughout the night or take some home with them. I'll post pictures after her wedding next weekend. And Fruit, for your engagement pictures, wear something you're comfortable in and that makes you feel like a million bucks. It will come through in your pictures, trust me.
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

lol no worries! This is the first time I'm getting back to the thread after my busy weekend!

Interesting cookies! I've never heard either of them before! Care to share the Nutella cookie recipe you have? =)
    And that's an awesome tradition! Our venue is anti-outside 'food' except for the cake - so we wouldn't be able to do something cool like that!
    June '13 - Cake!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:68f6d495-c78f-4764-b0c4-15deabf4f1acPost:8ea0a59e-eab3-40db-bb39-89f66b4eaa9f">Re:Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dion, right now, I am going with all 6 girls. But its a little over a month away, so we will see what happens. Congrats on the florist, and good luck with the dress shopping!!!!!
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]

Ahhh gotcha =)
    June '13 - Cake!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards