June 2013 Weddings
Options

C & V Thursday

It's that time again...let's hear your confessions and vents!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• Options
    Confession: I don't want to go to the future in-laws tomorrow for dinner. AT ALL. The last time we were over there, we had a huge discussion with her over the fact that, yes, it's okay that our venue has tables to seat 8 people instead of 10, and no, there is no way she's making the seating chart, since she doesn't know a solid half of the guest list.  We've tried using party lines on her ("Oh, we haven't gotten that far yet in the planning," etc.), and all that accomplished was her crying and telling us that we were "sucking the joy out of wedding planning" for her. I can't bail though, because I've found excuses to push off family dinner night for about 3 weeks now.

Sorry, that turned into a vent, too. I think I'll just deal with dinner by stopping at the liquor store and buying a bottle of wine to take with me.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:249669bc-c468-490a-b3d7-d39303a5b085">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I don't want to go to the future in-laws tomorrow for dinner. AT ALL. The last time we were over there, we had a huge discussion with her over the fact that, yes, it's okay that our venue has tables to seat 8 people instead of 10, and no, there is no way she's making the seating chart, since she doesn't know a solid half of the guest list.  We've tried using party lines on her ("Oh, we haven't gotten that far yet in the planning," etc.), and all that accomplished was her crying and telling us that we were "sucking the joy out of wedding planning" for her. I can't bail though, because I've found excuses to push off family dinner night for about 3 weeks now. Sorry, that turned into a vent, too.<strong> I think I'll just deal with dinner by stopping at the liquor store and buying a bottle of wine to take with me.</strong>
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

LOL!! That should help, Emily! :)

C: I hate teaching kids to read. I know, I know. That's awful! I feel bad for having such a revulsion for it, but no matter what I do, I dread reading lessons with my struggling 8 yo. Thankfully, he's the last one I need to teach this skill.

V: At the moment, it's the term PPD!!! Some posters love to throw that term at those of us planning vow renewals when, really, I think it makes them look quite hypocritical! In my opinion, nobody has to have all the trimmings of most weddings. You end up just as married whether you have a large ceremony or no ceremony at all. So why have ANY of the trimmings? Because it's a PRETTY PRINCESS DAY! But it becomes a major etiquette faux pas to want a big party or wedding-like elements in a vow renewal? Yeah, whatever ... Bullies shouldn't be accepted, even if they hide behind keyboards.

Julie 

(edited for a spelling fauX pas! LOL!!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    emilyb- make sure FI is with you AT ALL TIMES so FMIL doesn't corner you when you are by yourself.  Its happened to me and its no fun.  I can't believe she wants to make the guest seating, thats insane and definitely a (stressful, timely) reposnibility of the bride to ensure everyone is in an appropriate location.  And she isn't planning her wedding, ugh Id be going off to FI because I would be afraid to say anything to his parents lol

Confession: School stinks

Vent: Because I am tired lol.  I have lots of work to do for a conference next month annnd while doing the physical work and collecting data, I have been procrastinating the writing I need to do too.  The giant positive is that this conference is in Hawaii soooo I need to get my sh!t straight so I can enjoy an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii lol
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    Emily, that is nuts. It's too early to be worried about seating charts anyways. I'm guessing when I got that far it will be a collaborative effort involving me and FI, my mother and his mother, since we're the main contributers and will know who should sit where and with whom. Maybe you can approach it as a team effort to be handled when you send out invites?

Confession: I'm still really unproductive in an office full of people as I was in my solo office. 

Vent: The Ontario educator who resigned and left three days later was a disorganized mess. I'm covering her county and my county and I'm getting all kinds of frazzled trying to keep things straight. Then my program director hands me the state work plan for her county yesterday afternoon and it's covered in big red 0% marks because she hasn't turned in any paper work for the year yet. I was in the process of tearing her old office apart to change the set up to something that works better for me and I couldn't find a single program verification. Thankfully, she stopped by and when I told her they were missing she managed to find them in a pile of take home/throw away stuff. Even after going through them all, she doesn't have enough. I know she did more programs then she has verifications for but there's nothing I can do about it now. So now the state won't get the right numbers, we won't fulfill the amount of evidence based programming we're required to do, and it may cost us some funding. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm soooo busy covering two counties right now, and my Masters Comps just showed up yesterday. Holy long Batman, that shiiits gonna take forever. Plus my grad class this semester is a prep course for national certification on October 20th and I wanted to get the whole class done before the test because it'll be irrelevant afterwards. Ughhhhh. So much stupid. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    C: Sometimes I hate that my FI has gone back to school.  I know in the long run it'll be worth it and he'll be happier after he's got his degree and can start working on getting his own business going but he's gone so much right now that I'm having a hard time seeing the big picture.  I hate feeling that way because he's working so hard to finish and I'm so proud of him for going back to get his degree when he absolutely hates school.  Confessed and released!  It ain't gonna bother me no more Laughing

V: A few months ago while I was trying to involve my mother in the wedding planning and get her opinion about things she informed me that she didn't want to help me plan the wedding at all (she did this in a very hurtful manner).  I was really upset but backed off the wedding talk with her and FI and I agreed that it would be better to leave her out of everything completely.  This past weekend when we went over to have dinner with my parents she pulls out this box, sits down next to me on the couch and asks if we have our cake cutting utensils yet.  I hate confrontation and hurting people's feelings and I'm a terrible liar so I started babbling about not having thought about that stuff yet and we'd looked but hadn't decided on anything.  She opens the box and inside is this awful (my opinion, someone else might like it) rose-handled silver cake knife/server that's engraved with my parents initials and marriage date.  She hands it to me and tells me we can use it if we want and we can even have our initials and marriage date engraved on it.  I started looking to my FI for help and he really tried but neither of us were successful at saying no so I ended up with a cake knife/server I didn't really want.  The kicker to this is she told me (1) that I was just borrowing it and (2) I could only have it engraved if THIS marriage was going to last.  Wow, ouch.  It's been, like, 5 years since my divorce was final, you'd think she'd stop making snide comments by now.  So I ended up taking the cake knife/server.  FI and I talked about what to do and decided to use our initial cake cutting idea and then let the baker use my parent's knife to cut and serve the other cakes.  I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment when it comes to my mother.  I hate to hurt her feelings but I'm tired of having mine hurt.  She was mom-zilla at my last wedding and I'm concerned about how she'll act at this one.  Sorry about the long vent!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ash - I'm jealous of you going to Hawaii for a conference! Are there any openings at your job? lol

Love - I actually had the same confession! My FI is starting school today, and although I am really happy for him, I am a bit sad that it will be taking away from our time together.

Confession #2 - I feel like I've been really lazy with wedding planning lately. I go through stages where I get a lot of stuff done, and then I feel like I don't want to be doing anything anymore. I am on track based on the checklist, so I guess it shouldn't be bothering me too much, but it does sometimes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsK, kids today are so freaking entitled it makes me want to scream. I dealt with kids (and parents) like that all the time last year when I taught. The first time I ever called a parent about her kids behavior she screamed at me over the phone tellimg me I was a liar and a horrible person and teacher to even suggest her child was misbehaving. She told me I was never to call her again and flipped out because I caught he rwhile she was at work. Jokes on her though, she came in for multiple parent teacher conferences over the year because her child was a wretched monster. I'd have kids cuss me out, scream at me so loud they'd go hoarse, throw things at me, tell me how fat I was and how much they hated me. Yeah, super fun working with entitled shithead kids. I love teaching, but clearly inner city school districts aren't my thing. Good luck meeting with the parent tomorrow. Those always terrified me because you just never know how the parent's going to react and what lies a kid has already fed them, or what details they've opted to leave out. Make those fucktards run suicides or indian sprints for an entire practice. An hour or two of that should help put them in their place. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I don't know how you teachers do it! I'd have to be on anxiety meds just to make it to work everyday ...

Julie
  • Options
    Confession: Our e-pics are in 4 days and I have no idea what FI and I are wearing. I would like to do one outfit change so I have some casually dressed pictures and some dressier. I am off work today and FI are headed to the mall to figure something out since neither of us like anything we have. We have to figure this out today, as we both work long days fri, sat, and sun and the pictures are monday. I have one dress in my closet that I am thinking of wearing, it is a cream colored lace dress but I have no idea what color shoes to wear. I am thinking nude, but I cant find the right colored nude. I feel like I am over thinking this completely and I need to just pick something for us to wear, I am stressed out about it though.

Vent: FI and I have a walk in closet and it has turned into a complete nightmare, like you can barely walk in it. My side is nice and orderly, and his is a disaster that has started to spread onto my side. So last night he was out and I was working on his side.  I found 2 of our friends wedding invitations from 2008.  Seriously. In our closet. along with used dryer sheets and BBB coupons from 2008. So when he got home, I said I found some pretty interesting things in the closet. His response was that I hope it wasnt another girls panties which he was joking about but it hurt my feelings. He was also pretty pumped that one of the wedding invitations still had the rsvp in it, because he thought it would be hilarious to send it to them 4 years later. I was so irritated and we just kept picking at eachother all night and finally I went to bed mad at him, which is something I said I would never do.

mrsk, are these the same 3 girls that were causing problems earlier on? I would bounce them off the team if they are still causing problems. Good luck meeting the mom, that is probably going to be a real blast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mrs.K-SO SO sorry, this is why I hate girls, probably because I cheered in high school and realized how catty they are.  I loved cheerleading and if I could do a full twist I would have tried out for UMD's squad (no where close, best I ever did was a roundoff back tuck).  Well its been 6-7 years since and I think about going back to help, but I don't think I can handle the girls.  I really dont know how you do it.  Because its not just the kids, the parents get all crazy too and you're all like "really? I thought YOU were the adult"

I really really hope I never turn out to be one of those parents.  I can be opinionated but I have spent so much time in school I highly value the academic and life lessons our kids need to learn.  

But now I truly understand why I thought my coaches were bItches except when you talked to them one on one, because they had to deal with those problem girls so they just talked to the whole squad that way.
    imageimage
  • Options
    MrsK, good luck with the meeting!! I'd be making those girls run sprints fo' sho'. My fiance, my sister, and her fiance are all teachers, and the stories they have about the way kids and parents act just blows my mind. My mom would have back-handed me if she found out I was mouthing off like that to someone in charge.

Sparkles, if you're wearing a cream colored dress, why not go for some colorful shoes? Maybe a pretty jewel tone, like emerald green or a deep raspberry color. I think they tend to look great in pictures.
  • Options
    OOOOO Sparkles I am sort of loving what Emilyb is saying right now.  You know the photog will be all over your shoes if you go with a bright yellow (for fall) or royal blue or green or raspberry like emily was saying.  

But if not you can still go with gold or pewter colored shoes to give a nod to the hue of the dress but liven it up a bit.  I never had to worry since I wore cowboy boots with my dress.  But I am not gonna lie, my google search does show me this with nude shoes and it tends to look pretty good, so I def think you are on the right track there anyway.

Heres a cool comparison of black vs nude vs pop of color:

And for some reason google is liking red shades:
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:a60f27dc-c85c-4c13-a6a3-a7ba9dbc453c">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]MrsK, kids today are so freaking entitled it makes me want to scream. I dealt with kids (and parents) like that all the time last year when I taught. The first time I ever called a parent about her kids behavior she screamed at me over the phone tellimg me I was a liar and a horrible person and teacher to even suggest her child was misbehaving. She told me I was never to call her again and flipped out because I caught he rwhile she was at work. Jokes on her though, she came in for multiple parent teacher conferences over the year because her child was a wretched monster. I'd have kids cuss me out, scream at me so loud they'd go hoarse, throw things at me, tell me how fat I was and how much they hated me. Yeah, super fun working with entitled shithead kids. I love teaching, but clearly inner city school districts aren't my thing. Good luck meeting with the parent tomorrow. Those always terrified me because you just never know how the parent's going to react and what lies a kid has already fed them, or what details they've opted to leave out. Make those fucktards run suicides or indian sprints for an entire practice. An hour or two of that should help put them in their place. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh cnf I'm so sorry you had to deal with a parent like that!  I feel bad for you and MrsK.  I'll agree kids today have a seriously bad sense of entitlement.  I always tried to bend over backwards for my son's teachers but I saw plenty of parents who blamed the teacher for their kid's failings.  UGH, what has society come to.

</div>
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Confession: I don't have as much money as i thought i did and might need to get another job.

Vent: I am looking at going back to school to either get my masters in health administration or just a certificate in Medical billing and coding but everything is so freaking expensive. I know that getting my masters would be pricey but getting a certificate is expensive as well. all the school i have found at $700 a credit! If any one has any ideas of where to go please let me know. I want to do it online since FI and I will probably be moving once he graduates law school..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    $700 a credit is actually pretty good. I'm getting my Masters in Health Promotion and Education through University of Alabama (online) and it's $880 a credit. And agree, certificate are sometimes equally as expensive and not usually as impressive on a resume for how much they cost. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Confession: I want another baby

Vent: EVERYONE is driving me nuts here.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:09bf6f7e-b7b2-473b-b52c-a3d4de2f92b4">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Vent: EVERYONE is driving me nuts here.
    Posted by iloveu4ever[/QUOTE]

uhhh here as in this group?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:5386fb65-affd-43a4-92ad-784f117a5e6c">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C & V Thursday : uhhh here as in this group?
    Posted by sparkles776[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm guessing she's referring to where ever she is, but your response made me giggle regardless. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mrsk:  I know how you feel!  I briefly taught at an inner city school, and I literally could not handle it.  The kids wouldn't listen to me!  They ran around the classroom doing whatever they wanted (including fighting each other), and then told me "my parents said I don't have to listen to you because you're white".  I really don't want this to sound like a racial thing, but unfortunately the parents made it that way.  The kids and their parents made me so stressed that I got really sick and stopped eating or doing anything after work.  I would just lay in bed and cry whenever I wasn't at work.  It was very hard for me to quit teaching, but I couldn't handle working under those conditions.  All of this talk leads me to my very appropriate confession...

Confession:  I love my job, but I feel seriously guilty about loving it so much.  I mean, who loves their job?  All of my friends are teachers (we all went to grad school together) and they are all miserable right now.  Because it's back-to-school season, everyone wants to talk to me about how my job is going because they know I have my teaching degree.  The worst part is that everyone always says to me "oh you must be so sad that you aren't teaching this year" but secretly I'm sooooo relieved!  Last year I was crying every day trying to deal with my class, and this year I'm working 1:1 with students with disabilities and it is a million times better.  I feel like everyone around me expects me to want to teach in a traditional classroom, but I'm happy where I am!  Plus I make more money now and I get an insanely large amount of days off  : )

Vent:  I posted earlier this week about my fiance taking me to Rehoboth Beach on Monday for our anniversary.  Well that day I got 34 (yes, I counted) bug bites and I am SO ITCHY.  It is horrible and painful.  All week my students have been asking me about it.  One student asked why I had so many zits on my arm.  It literally looks like I have the chicken pox, but I know it's mosquito bites because I smacked so many off of my body on Monday!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:2134090a-b36d-4d0a-9d6c-23bb03f13daf">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C & V Thursday : I'm guessing she's referring to where ever she is, but your response made me giggle regardless. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Gotta admit, it made me giggle, too!

Julie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:ea4cbd4b-bd79-4506-8af8-f2ed24111ae9">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]$700 a credit is actually pretty good. I'm getting my Masters in Health Promotion and Education through University of Alabama (online) and it's $880 a credit. And agree, certificate are sometimes equally as expensive and not usually as impressive on a resume for how much they cost. 

That was $700 per cerdit for the certificate. I thought that was a little high!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Confession: this is my first C and V Thursday on my new iPhone! I have a smartphone now! Yay! Vent: phone companies are the devil! Switched from one to the other, both acted like I was a complete waste of their time in sorts... Really made me upset with how much I pay each month, simple respect shouldn't be so hard to give :/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:d18061e3-ba52-4a52-bb14-43199c720583">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C & V Thursday : That was $700 per cerdit for the certificate. I thought that was a little high!
    Posted by cadamus[/QUOTE]

<div>OH damn! I thought that was the price for a Masters credit, not the certificate. Yeah, I wouldn't pay that unless I was getting a real degree out of it.</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:cb5a5fd1-647e-4691-ad57-3421ef7f4fce">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C & V Thursday : OH damn! I thought that was the price for a Masters credit, not the certificate. Yeah, I wouldn't pay that unless I was getting a real degree out of it.

Thats what I was thinking.... Im starting to look more towards my masters but just need some place reasonable
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6b93967e-fc9d-4f7c-beaa-53dbafb54d90Post:101bd119-0932-4954-b04b-a17c935753e9">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C & V Thursday : Thats what I was thinking.... Im starting to look more towards my masters but just need some place reasonable
    Posted by cadamus[/QUOTE]

Could those credits be transferred towards a Masters later on though if you decide to get a masters? I know there are some certificate programs I'm looking into where you can get a certificate, but if while you are getting it you decide to go for a Masters at the same school your credits would count as part of your Masters. I hope I'm making sense. It's in a different field though, so not sure if it would be applicable in your situation, but might be something good to look into?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My Master's credits cost $880 per credit, but there's no taxes or fees. My bill is exactly $880 for one class, so it's not totally unreasonable. But it is so expensive to get a degree now a days, it's pretty insane
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    glad I could make you ladies giggle. I was hoping it wasnt us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards