June 2013 Weddings
Options

Help with dress straps..

I bought this dress back in June (and I love it) but FI still thinks I haven't bought a dress.(which is hilarious) 
Well, while forcing him to watch Say Yes to the Dress last night he made it quite very clear that he despises spaghetti straps... my dress has spaghetti straps!!  He said that he hates them so much he'll have a pair of scissors at the altar to cut them off if my dress has "thin little tank toppy straps"  I want some sort of straps so just removing them wouldn't work...
SOooo... should I risk having him be dumb about the straps or is there something I could do with my straps to make them less "tank toppy"?????  Help!!
Jasmine Wedding Dress F309 

Re: Help with dress straps..

• Options
    oh and here's the back view...
  • Options
    Your picture links aren't showing up to me but I saw the style next to the error Jasmine F309.
    I'd think this would be an easy fix for a seamstress to take some similar lace and either build thicker straps or maybe a cute flutter or cap sleeve.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
  • Options
    Here's the link-- I know its a knock off site but its the best photos I can find online!  scroll down to see larger photos!http://www.bigdaydress.net/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/10398/s/jasmine-wedding-dress-f309/category/2/
  • Options
    I love your dress!  TBH, your FI will unlikely have any such reaction when its YOU wearing the dress.  However, if you're that uncomfortable you should check with a seamstress to see what your options are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Honey, he's a guy! He's never going to remember that he said that and if he does he will feel like an idiot. That dress is gorgeous and more importantly, he will be so taken by how beautiful YOU look in it that he will never remember he made such a comment. 

Seriously, please do not stress about this or try to alter your dress to please what you think he wants. He has no idea what he wants when it comes to the style of dress you wear... and if he is that opinionated, then he will have to eat his words that day. Lol! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_help-with-dress-straps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:7c497da8-7b7d-4636-9f1f-ca70b0ddc707Post:4d203f37-246a-432b-95fe-ad72285b9210">Re: Help with dress straps..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honey, he's a guy! <strong>He's never going to remember that he said that </strong>and if he does he will feel like an idiot. That dress is gorgeous and more importantly, he will be so taken by how beautiful YOU look in it that he will never remember he made such a comment.  Seriously, please do not stress about this or try to alter your dress to please what you think he wants. He has no idea what he wants when it comes to the style of dress you wear... and if he is that opinionated, then he will have to eat his words that day. Lol! 
    Posted by brita722[/QUOTE]

<div>The bolded. My FI once told me while watching SYTTD that he hates "tarzan dresses" which is what he calls one shoulder dresses. When I bought a dress many months later I said something along the lines of "don't worry I won't get a tarzan dress". He looks at me and says "I don't know what you're talking about, but you'll look beautiful no matter what". Point is, don't stress. </div><div>
    </div><div>He's going to be so overwhelmed the first time he sees you on your wedding day he won't even notice the straps. But if you're concerned, having a seamstress create cap sleeves or thicker straps would not be difficult or expensive. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with the other PP.  You're FI is going to notice how amazing you look in the dress and not what the straps look like.  If it is a big concern for you do check with a seamstress.
    White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well your dress is quite pretty. As for your fiance I know how you feel when you say that you want your FI to love it, and it's not something you want to be worried about it. So personally if it was me I'd take it to a seamstress and see if they can sew lace or tulle cap sleeves on the dress. That's just my personal opinion though you can take it or leave it. I just wouldn't want to stress about whether or not my FI will like my dress a day or two before our wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards