June 2013 Weddings
Options

NWR: wisdom teeth

Hey ladies, I just had my wisdom teeth pulled today. Pretty much the bottom Of my jaw still hurts. sad face just had to vent.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: wisdom teeth

• Options
    ouchies... im going to need mine done once i get dental insurance
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    FI is being a great nurse so thats a plus! Good luck o. Yours in the future!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my. One of my wisdom teeth is coming in and it does not feel good. It is so annoying! Get better soon!
    imageimage
    August Sig 2012 ? FI and I Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Chris ? Louisa
  • Options
    You get better too!! I had the top left one come in and none of them were bothering me but the doc said I should have them out. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Do u have to have yours removed?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been to the dentist about it. It is like a teething pain, like I can't stop messing with it. I will probably have to go soon though.
    imageimage
    August Sig 2012 ? FI and I Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Chris ? Louisa
  • Options
    Well good luck Lou!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_nwr-wisdom-teeth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:7daa2377-d7bb-4735-97bd-a3b3d158ec1aPost:14faba27-0cb4-473e-b1d1-8186db088d58">NWR: wisdom teeth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, I just had my wisdom teeth pulled today. <strong>Pretty much the bottom Of my jaw still hurts.</strong> sad face just had to vent.
    Posted by pedulaney[/QUOTE]
    Hate to tell you this, but the swelling is the worst at 48hours for most ppl. You're probably going to get a little more swollen and sore before you get better so make sure to take your meds BEFORE the pain kicks in! (Worked at dental office for 8yrs and had all 4 taken out in one sitting so you can trust me on this one.)
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Uh, I had mine out back in February and it was miserable. I had weird insurance at the time and the only place that took it was Aspen and their traveling oral surgeon. He was terrible. He hit the nerve in my jaw and i was in agony for three weeks. I went through almost 90 narcotic pain killers in the three weeks, had to sleep downstairs on the couch sitting up for like a month and didn't regain all the feel in my face for more than two months. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cnf: yikes! I'm sorry to hear about that. I am taking my pills like 20 minutes before the hours are up so they never really leave my system. My jaw pretty muc just hurts like I have had it open too wide for too long. The doctor was awesome. Dr. Mellin, for anyone living in the Colorado/Greeley agrea! Would definately recommend him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine out 7 years ago, just make sure you keep the ice packs on you cheeks, it really helps with the swelling.  And keep up with the pain meds as much as you need it.  That's great the your FI is being a good nurse.  Feel better soon!
  • Options
    Worst pain I've been in my life was the wisdom teeth extraction. I really didn't get too swollen, but it just hurt a ton. I was fine on my pain med, but I maxed out on it during the day so I didn't do so well at night. I couldn't eat applesauce for months afterwards either. Funniest thing was they let me leave as soon as I came out of the anesthesia so I was a wandering mess at teh grocery store getting popsicles and soft foods with my dad on our way back. Lol. It sounds like you are doing much better with pain than I was and hopefully it's a piece of cake the rest of your recovery.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_nwr-wisdom-teeth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:7daa2377-d7bb-4735-97bd-a3b3d158ec1aPost:96970ccc-0f81-4c65-9513-6000ea14eab8">Re: NWR: wisdom teeth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Worst pain I've been in my life was the wisdom teeth extraction. I really didn't get too swollen, but it just hurt a ton. I was fine on my pain med, but I maxed out on it during the day so I didn't do so well at night. I couldn't eat applesauce for months afterwards either. Funniest thing was <strong>they let me leave as soon as I came out of the anesthesia so I was a wandering mess at teh grocery store</strong> getting popsicles and soft foods with my dad on our way back. Lol. It sounds like you are doing much better with pain than I was and hopefully it's a piece of cake the rest of your recovery.
    Posted by ashbeth06[/QUOTE]
     <div>
    </div><div>That was me! FI drove me and as soon as I came to they pretty much shoved me out the door. I barely remember leaving the office I was so out of it. I went into Walmart with FI too to get my perscription filled and he held my hand so I didn't fall over. My guaze got all filled with blood and it started running down my chin as FI was talking to the pharmacist. They put a rush my fill and had it dwen in like three minutes. I was a mess.</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Man, I have to go to the dentist because I have a bottom one growing in all funky like.
    You ladies sure are making me a big scaredy cat right now!
    I am on the search for a good dentist that takes my insurance. I hope it doesn't hurt too horribly bad. 
    Do you usually wait until all 4 come in or go as they come?
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine out a few years ago.. definitely a painful thing to do .. hopefully you feel better soon.. I felt like a chipmunk for a few days =\
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon!

And Heather - I don't think you have to wait until all 4 come in. My top wisdom teeth never came in, but I got my bottom once pulled out when I was in college.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You don't have to wait for them all to come in. None of mine were completely out. The top ones just barely poked through the gums. I got them out because every month or so they would move and they were making my teeth crooked. And for someone who had braces twice, it made me bonkers to think my teeth would be crooked again, so I just went for it. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards