June 2013 Weddings

Proud of myself...

I'm finally sitting down and creating our budget spreadsheet! We have already set our budget, but I want to keep tabs on it meticulously because we don't have that much to spend. Right now I'm simply creating a list in Excel of all the line items we need to budget for. I've created columns for the item, vendor, estimated cost, date due, actual cost, and date paid. Now I need to figure out how to use the formulas to total everything up. LOL. Any suggestions for creating a budget spreadsheet? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Proud of myself...

• That's awesome! I'd love to see your layout when your done... I need to make one myself!
    {June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I took the one from the knot , and moved the categories into Excel to make my own formulas and stuff.  I liked it because it was pretty comprehensive and there were notes about what would be included where, or to include stuff that I hadn't even thought about yet.

Using it online wasn't great beacuse some of the categories you couldn't edit from their suggested figure.  I'm much more comfortable with Excel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did an Excel budget spreadsheet using the following column headings (in order from my spreadsheet): Item, Vendor, Contact Info, Deposit Amount, Deposit Due, Date Paid/Form of Payment, Balance Amount, Balance Due, Date Paid/Form of Payment, and Total. Then, for the "Total" column, I did a formula for each line item so that it automatically adds the Deposit Amount and Balance Amount columns. Lastly, at the end of the Totals column, I did a formula to keep a running tally of what I've spent. I also added comment flags on all of the Item cells so that I can add in any additional details that I need to remember; for instance, the one for my dress has a comment with a reminder for when I need to take it back for alterations. I have a blank version of it saved, so if anyone wants a copy, let me know and I can email it.
  • JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Mine is basically the same as Emilyb's!

Make sure you add in the column for "form of payment."  It's good to keep track of where the money came from (i.e. Your credit card, FI's credit card, joint cheque, etc.)
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Gosh all you guys are so on top of it!  I need to make an exel spread sheet.  I am using the one on the knot right now but have been so bad about it!!
  • LOL FI absolutely LOVES using Excel (seriously, he makes spreads^heets for EVERYTHING) so he's been on top of that, and for that I am grateful ^_^
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Excel is my best friend.  I mess with data all day long at work so it was natural for me to make my own spreadsheet.

I just thought of the items I would be spending money on, checking around to make sure I wasn't missing any random items (ie. Tax, Gratuity, marriage license cost, etc.) and allocated our budget accordingly.  Then next to it I have what I am actually spending on the line item, and next to that how much has been paid on it, when it is due, etc.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • i need to make one of these ASAP! I just didnt know how to organize it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • emilyb and JennLaxx: great suggestions... thank you!

I'm not really good with Excel. I can usually avoid using it by creating a table in Word, but I don't think that'll work well in this case.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards