June 2013 Weddings

How does your guestlist shape up?

Hey Ladies!! I'm back again just to do an update before I go to sleep for the night!!My guest list is basically more friends that I am close to than family! And the only family members I've thought to invite where the ones I saw at this past Thanksgiving dinner! I don't feel bad for doing this but at the same time I want people to understand that money is hard to come by I've also settled on a bouquet, my dress, my shoes, a venue (of course!), and what the groom and groomsmen will wear! I've also picked out what accessories I want to wear. My girls on the other hand, since I changed my date we are going to have to go dress shopping again and this time I have a specific look in mind! I also told my chicks to do their own hair and to by their own shoes of their choice my color choice though! I have also decided to let them do there own nails. I have so much more to do! More posts will be coming soon ladies!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How does your guestlist shape up?

• Fi wants to invite all of his relatives. I have completely lost track of how many cousins he has. Most of them are on the other side of the country and older or they have large families, so his mom said they probably won't come. I'm terrified that everyone he invites with RSVP, because our venue can't hold mote than 150 people and I am praying only 100 can make it. I inviting my close family and some close friends. The actual ceremony is open to the entire church (it's our home church where we went to school and my kids go to school and FI family is VERY active), but the receotion in invite only. We are trying to stay on budget, but... not sure how well that's going to work. Undecided

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our's is mostly family, though we do have a fair amount of friend on there. It's probably like 60/40 split family/friends. We have just over 130 on the list. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our guest list was the first thing we nailed down (and probably the toughest too!) I didn't see the point in looking at anything else until we knew how many people we'd want to have there. We're inviting mostly family and a few close friends. It was tough to make cuts but we knew we didn't want to have any debt after the wedding. In retrospect i'm really glad we sorted that all out up front so that we don't have to deal with that in the middle of the fun part!
  • Miss EsaMiss Esa member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    FI keeps trying to add people to the guest list. We agreed on 50 people at first (I wanted closer to 25/30 people and he wanted about 100), and now we are at 70 and hes still wanting to add more!

A majority (75%) of the guest list is FI's side of the family.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wanna say our guest list is about 50/50, FI has a pretty big family, while most of my family is overseas. Most of our friends are mutual friends, so that made it a bit easier to put the guest list together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our list is almost evenly divided among my family, fiance's family and our friends. We share a lot of the same friends, so it saved us some hassle when making the list :)
  • ours is mostly family and then close friends that we still keep in touch with.  I had a bunch of college friends that I am still back and forth on. I'd love for them to be there but since I have not talked to them in 1-3 years I'm hesitant to grow the guest list.  Luckily I still have time before I decide (save the dates only went to family, OOT guests).  Guest list is at about 130; we have a lot of OOT on the east coast so we don't plan on coming, but like you said you never know, so we are accounting for them (but hope for a final count in the 100 range). 

Anniversary
  • Our list is more friends than family because they live closer and we see them much more frequently. Plus, my extended family is huge so to keep the numbers down, we only invited my aunts/uncles and first cousins. FIs family is small and no one on his Mom's side will be making it. 

Right now we're just over 100 people which is perfect because we want to keep it small. 
  • Well I have a couple nephews and nieces but I don't want any kids there! I mean it just isn't in budget nor do i really want children to be there because they get fussy easily! And I don't want to be in the middle of my I do's when they have a meltdown! This is hard but somethings have to be done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards