June 2013 Weddings

WP issues need advice...

So this weekend we had all my FI's family over for his good luck party and of course everyone started talking about the wedding.
Let me give a short back story first. I have already decided that my sister, my niece and one of my close gf's would be my BP. When we first got engaged my FI had said I should have his niece as a BM which I was on the fence about since I wasn't really that close to her. I suggested I ask one of his cousins, that I actually talked to and hung out with occasionally. Both these ideas were nixed since he didn't really want to ask anyone besides his 3 best friends.
Well yesterday when the wedding was brought up the two of them started talking like they were already in the wedding party and if they weren't they would get similar dresses and act like they were. Now I know they were joking but they both want to be involved and I wouldn't mind having them but that would make 3 BM and 2 MOH which is a bigger wedding then I had ever thought I would have.

I don't know what to do, I don't want to offend his family but I'm not sure if we want a big WP or if he even has a clue who else he would ask.
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WP issues need advice...

• Just do what makes you happiest! If you want to ask them, ask them. But I wouldnt feel obligated to ask them, its not like it is your FIs sister.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You shouldn't feel obligated to have them in the WP. If you really want to have them a part of the WP you don't necessarily have to have the same number on both sides. There really is no hurry to make a decision right away. Give it another few weeks and decide.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    1.  You don't need to have even sides, so it's not a huge deal if lets say you have 5 people and your groom only has 3.

2.  If your FI is that intent on having his niece in the wedding than she can stand up on his side, nothing wrong with that.

3.  Do what makes you happy, do not ask someone to be in your WP b/c it's someone else's request.
  • If you don't want them in your WP then don't have them. Let them know you appreciate their excitement and that should you need an extra set of hand for a DIY or somethin you'll let them know and leave it at that.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think ultimately it's your and your FI"s decision, if you guys want them to be a part of your WP then it's not that big of a deal to have a different amount of people on each side. But if you don't want them to be a part of your WP I'm sure they will understand! But I agree with ktwed, you guys still have plenty of time, so think about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bar10521bar10521 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Your wP should be who you want in there. I agree that the sides don't need to be even. We have 6 girls and 4 guys. If you don't want them to be BMs what about asking them to each do a reading so they're included in the ceremony? 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wp-issues-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:87c10894-0edb-423d-aeea-d88bf473abc5Post:6df8ebb6-c111-4359-83bb-860b0ab285ce">Re: WP issues need advice...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Your wP should be who you want in there. I agree that the sides don't need to be even. We have 6 girls and 4 guys. If you don't want them to be BMs what about asking them to each do a reading so they're included in the ceremony? 
    </strong>Posted by bar10521[/QUOTE]

Ditto. The readings are a good idea.
  • I agree with PPs. If you don't want them in your wedding party you shouldn't have them! Depending on the kind of ceremony you are having you could make sure to include them in another way.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks everyone for the advice after reading your posts I feel more confident in my decision to stick with my original plan. I don't want a big WP and I think 3 is just right for me! :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards