June 2013 Weddings
Options

Olympic Uniforms/Woman suing Nassau County

So, obviously this is NWR but I thought we could change it up a bit and share some opinions on a current event (sounds like I am talking to you guys like sudents, lol) But I just thought it would be interesting to share some thoughts. 

1. Have you girls heard about the US Olympic uniforms, make by Ralph Lauren? There is a huge outcry that they 1) Include very French-looking barrets (However you spell that hat) and the 2) They were made in China!!!!! That I cannot get past. Our economy is suffering here, and I realize that is costs a lot more to do things here, but c'mon. A uniform for our American team, to support Americans, and we are giving China the business. One politician said that we should burn them and make new ones-I disagree. We should donate them to a poor country and make new ones. Thoughts?

2. Most of you prob didn't hear this story since it's local. Here it is, you'll never believe it- This woman in Nassau County (Western LI) is married with kids, and she was banging a Nassau County Cop on the side (also married with kids). He would go to work, be on the clock, and go to her house in his police cruiser and have sex with her, both consenting parties, then go back to work. This went on for like 7 months or so. So, a neighbor tells the womans husband that there's a cop car in the driveway everyday and asks why. Woman gets caught cheating, and now she is SUING Nassau County for 10 MILLION DOLLARS saying that they "failed to supervise their employees while on the clock." Can you believe that? The article should be on Newsday.com and is also on News12LI.com. Unreal. I hope she loses and then her hubby divorces her. If she wins, and they divorce, I'm 90% sure he isn't entitled to any of the $$$.

Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Olympic Uniforms/Woman suing Nassau County

• Options
    I did hear about the uniforms and I think it's crazy they were made in China. Whoever made that decision is a major bonehead and needs to be fired or demoted. I think burning them is extreme, but they should definitely get new ones.

That women is cra-cra. There's no way she can win that lawsuit. I'm surprised it didn't come acorss our news yet, being that it's NY. Although, FI had sprots on this morning, so it's no wonder I missed it. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    1. I did hear about the uniforms. I kind of get why a lot of the things are being made overseas (especially in China) these days, due to cheaper labor costs and all, but with the uniforms I think it is unacceptable. I like the idea that you have of donating them, but I don't know whether a different country (even a poorer one) would want the uniforms that were originally meant for someone else. Maybe they can be donated to a school district for school sports? The only issue that I would see with that though is how do you figure out which state/town to give the uniforms to.

2. That lady sounds insane! Although I do agree that it was an oversight of the police department that the cop was gone for a while every day (unless it was a quicky during his lunch hour), that woman should not be suing anyone since there was no damage done to her in any way. I hope the husband divorces her and gets custody of the kids! It is crazy some of the lawsuits people think of these days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. I hadn't heard about the uniforms. FI and I watch virtually no real TV, including the news. I think they should get the olympic athletes to autograph them and auction them off on eBay or something like that. They could use the proceeds to pay for uniforms to be made in America and donate the rest to the Special Olympics.

2. Wow, that woman sounds really interesting. You should keep us up to date on that one. I'm really interested in hearing how it turns out. I assume they will both be getting their divorce papers served in the near future, and I hope she loses the case and the cop gets fired.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I hadn't heard about either of those.

I don't really have any opinions on what to do with the uniforms other then maybe just let the athletes keep them as practice outfits since they were made for their sizes(I'm assuming) and then have new competition outfits MADE IN THE USA. Definitly a big thing to not even support our local economy with our own olympic uniforms.

Also on the note of the Olympics i jsut saw an article about people in the UK being mad that Heinekin was chosen as the official beer of the olympics but isn't even made in the UK when there were plenty of beers from the UK that could have been chosen.

Wow that woman is crazy! I can't believe all of the things people believe their entitled to and sue to get money from. Its ridiculous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_olympic-uniformswoman-suing-nassau-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:88680f72-3ac6-4ecb-b679-f72faedf0f08Post:dea39da1-cb31-4d31-8f74-9547cef6d44a">Re: Olympic Uniforms/Woman suing Nassau County</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I hadn't heard about the uniforms. FI and I watch virtually no real TV, including the news. I think they should get the olympic athletes to autograph them and auction them off on eBay or something like that. They could use the proceeds to pay for uniforms to be made in America and donate the rest to the Special Olympics. 2. Wow, that woman sounds really interesting. You should keep us up to date on that one. I'm really interested in hearing how it turns out. I assume they will both be getting their divorce papers served in the near future, and I hope she loses the case <strong>and the cop gets fired.</strong>
    Posted by blferguson1s[/QUOTE]

<div>Cop was forced into early retirement.</div>
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    1. I heard about the uniforms and personally I think it's ridiculous that they look French and that they were made in China. If I were one of the athletes I would be pissed. I would ask FI (since he was planning on going to tryouts and plans on being in 2016 olympics) how he would feel but he never cares about anything, he's way too laid back. 2. That lady is crazy but I think it's funny cause cops over here, well at least in Cranston, RI, do that all the time. They are always sleeping around while they're on the clock. People will try to sue for anything. She's probably trying to say the cop is in her drive way but not there for her so she can smooth things over with her husband.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards