June 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding expos?

I just noticed that there are a TON of wedding expos coming up in my area. Has anyone gone to one? Are they worth going to? Or are they full of vendors who are severely overpriced?
June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding expos?

• Options

I think it really depends on the fair, around here there are super high end expos where every vendor is super pricey but then there also ones with affordable vendors who offer even more discounts at the show. I had fun at the one I went to and am going to another one in September that my venue reccommended checking out since many of their preffered vendors will be there. It really doesn't hurt to go check it out and who knows you may win something or find some new ideas even if you dont book with any vendors there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's totally worth it, usually you can check to see who the vendors are and google one or two ahead of time just to know whether they are affordable or not. I have most of my vendors booked and the others narrowed down, but I still might go to another expo since you can win things and usually there is free food and sometimes wine. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They're fun. I've been to two so far. Like mentioned, you can sometimes win stuff and the caterers and bakers always have free samples. I ate a lot at both the ones I went to. Like full slices of cake and they let you try one of everything. Plus you cna get some inspiration and ideas. The ones I've been to had fashion shows. I think they're fun and just gives you something to do and a reason to talk weddings all day. They tend to be very crowd though, so I'd work on your pushin' bitches technique, but that's just me =)

A girl I used to work with went to one three days after being engaged and won a full 200K wedding. She's getting married in the Boston Harbor in April and I'm pretty jealous about a lot of the things her winnings include. I missed winning the full wedding at the first one I went to by one number. Still a fun time though.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-expos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:8b1dda50-90a0-4653-ab29-791f590c03a8Post:8030014f-b0b5-4d59-8a39-bfd89471de7b">Re: Wedding expos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're fun. I've been to two so far. Like mentioned, you can sometimes win stuff and the caterers and bakers always have free samples. I ate a lot at both the ones I went to. Like full slices of cake and they let you try one of everything. Plus you cna get some inspiration and ideas. The ones I've been to had fashion shows. I think they're fun and just gives you something to do and a reason to talk weddings all day. They tend to be very crowd though, so I'd work on your pushin' bitches technique, but that's just me =) A girl I used to work with went to one three days after being engaged and won a full 200K wedding. <strong>She's getting married in the Boston Harbor in April</strong> and I'm pretty jealous about a lot of the things her winnings include. I missed winning the full wedding at the first one I went to by one number. Still a fun time though.
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

CNF where in Boston Harbor?
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The Chicago area has tons of exposm and you can usually get tickets for free in the wedding mags/online.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kelly, I have no idea. She won a wedding designed by Colin Cowin (I think is his name. He was on last weeks new SYTTD). Her wedding I know is April 20th, if you feel like stalking, haha. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Been to 3. Fun :

• Options
    I'm going to the LA convention center one at the end of this month... two days... my FI actually wanted to go both days, not me! Surprisedhahaha!

For that one, Things Remembered has free passes for up to 5 people... so we're taking some friends (that will be in the WP) with us Smile I'm excited
  • Options

I went to one right after getting engaged and it was a lot of fun, and overwhelming.  I had no idea the different number of venders in the area and services offered for weddings.  It gave me a good place to start planning.  Now I have my venue booked, I am going to another one with my FI (the guy at the tux place said he should and now hes set on it).  They are alot of fun, there are usually lots of prizes and yummy food to try.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards