June 2013 Weddings

Budgets are no fun.

Sooo the venue that FI and I really loved sent me an e-mail with final price quotes... And no matter how much we tried to re-work the budget there's really no way we can afford it. We're not going into debt over our wedding, we'd rather put money towards a house.

Being reasonable sucks sometimes! xD

But anyway, we DID find another ceremony and reception venue we really liked... Actually the more I look at pictures the more I love them :-) And they're SO much more affordable! Plus we can book now, as opposed to the other venue, which doesn't book more than 12 months in advance. Guess where I'm headed tomorrow? ^_^

Ceremony Venue:

Reception Venue:

I can work with these.Laughing hehe
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Budgets are no fun.

• vineheart137vineheart137 member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys! ^_^ The chapel is actually on the bank of a lake, and it's located on our college campus, which is where we met, so that's kinda cool!
    Anniversary
  • If this is your second choice, I don't think I could handle pictures of your first. The places you've shown us look beautiful! I would love to get a venue like the lakeside chapel. And for it to be in a place that's significant to you and your FI makes it so much better. I would find a place on our campus if we weren't so far away from both families. Wishing you the best for your appointments tomorrow.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_budgets-are-no-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:8b6838cd-8401-4729-89fe-2c59e68a6e3aPost:961f5aaf-7444-4d7e-926c-2e519e369fe0">Re: Budgets are no fun.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If this is your second choice, I don't think I could handle pictures of your first. The places you've shown us look beautiful!</strong> I would love to get a venue like the lakeside chapel. And for it to be in a place that's significant to you and your FI makes it so much better. I would find a place on our campus if we weren't so far away from both families. Wishing you the best for your appointments tomorrow.
    Posted by blferguson1s[/QUOTE]

I second this!! These both look like pretty phenomenal second choice venues!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_budgets-are-no-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:8b6838cd-8401-4729-89fe-2c59e68a6e3aPost:fc337c38-5a1d-4f1e-bdc7-e8eb3873653e">Re: Budgets are no fun.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the encouragement, guys! ^_^ The chapel is actually on the bank of a lake, and it's <strong>located on our college campus,</strong> which is where we met, so that's kinda cool!
    Posted by shaylovessly[/QUOTE]

<div>The chapel is gorgeous, and that's very sweet :)</div>
    Photobucket
  • Thanks again, everybody! Yeah I've really fallen in love with these choices as well! I'm really not that disappointed about our first choice falling through anymore. And you guys have helped a lot. ^_^

My appointments are at three- YAY! Will let you all know how it went!
    Anniversary
  • Just wanna say that the ceremony venue is PERFECT, so pretty!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards