June 2013 Weddings

Any ideas on how to incorporate the idea of a newspaper into a wedding?

So I know newspaper isn't the most glamorous thing to try to incorporate into a wedding, but I'd really like to try as my fiance and I are both print journalists who met while we were working at the same newspaper. The obvious thing would be to have a wedding day newspaper made, but unfortunately some friends of ours just did that at their wedding so we don't want to repeat. I was thinking about oragami of some kind made with newspaper? Or I've seen newspaper flowers...I'm looking for some small detail like those that may serve as our favors. Any ideas?

Re: Any ideas on how to incorporate the idea of a newspaper into a wedding?

• I've also think I'd like my Fi and I to take a picture with a newspaper on the wedding day that clearly shows the date. Our date is June 29, 2013
  • edited June 2012
    On Etsy there are super cute paper flowers that I bet you could ask they make with newspaper, or you could google how to make them yourself. Just go to Etsy and type in paper flowers.

You could also use headline-like sayings for your "table numbers" and do table cloths that look like a newspaper. 

Those are all the ideas I have.

ETA: for spelling
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I like the headlines as table numbers. Maybe you could use headlines you wrote, or to make the theme really obvious, famous headlines.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • You could also fashion the programs, menu, etc. made to look like newspapers. That would be really cute, I think.
  • I like the headlines idea too, but I would suggest headlines from the previous years of your wedding date. You can find back newspaper headlines easy enough or call a paper company and order old papers for pretty inexpensive. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey, I put a post on the board for you conerning this :)
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards