June 2013 Weddings

Check!

Secured my first choice DJ for the 2011 prices AND with an additonal discount added on. Bam! I don't care how many people roll their eyes when they find out I'm booking vendors more than a year in advance. I'm getting my first choice on everything and at lower prices. More then worth it. We saved a $1000 off our venue for early booking and now we saved about $250 for booking our DJ early. 

How's everything coming for the rest of you ladies lately?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Check!

• The people rolling their eyes have obviously never planned a wedding before! June is one of the most popular months for weddings and IMO, you can never start planning too early. Congrats to you on your savings! :)

We would like to book a ceremony venue that doesn't allow any bookings more than twelve months out, so we're kind of at a standstill right now. It's making me really nervous. I'm going to spend some time this week checking out more venues to see if there's anything else out there within our budget than we can book sooner rather than later. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_check-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:93c6da61-5366-411b-aa59-ae96f340516ePost:86f7cbf2-dc75-4ee9-b9d7-9eb4c9b06af9">Re: Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The people rolling their eyes have obviously never planned a wedding before! June is one of the most popular months for weddings and IMO, you can never start planning too early. Congrats to you on your savings! :) We would like to book a ceremony venue that doesn't allow any bookings more than twelve months out, so we're kind of at a standstill right now. It's making me really nervous. I'm going to spend some time this week checking out more venues to see if there's anything else out there within our budget than we can book sooner rather than later. 
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>No bookings prior to 12 months!? That's how they keep people from getting deals I guess.The ones who want it most will pay for it. If you stick to your guns on it, good for you, patience is clearly a virtue for you. I would have been crawling out of my skin waiting. We booked our ceremony/reception venue back in January and were already the second June 2013 wedding to reserve a date. The DJ we knew we wanted is in crazy high demand too, so it was important for us to not get pigeonholed into a no less than one year venue. Have you managed to plan other things that don't require having a venue selected?

</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My cousin is planning a wedding for September and she only started planning in about October, so everyone in my family is definitely eye rolling when they hear how much I have done. But my cousin has had a really hard time finding vendors...and her wedding is on Labor Day weekend, not nearly as popular as a June wedding. I had my first pick on all my vendors and I am so happy about it!

It's our weddings so who cares what others say about booking early!! haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Clearly the eye rollers have never planned a June wedding before and thats what I tell them. My venue had all Saturdays in June booked by the end of 2011. A lot of photographers were booked when I contacted them, but I ended up finding someone who was the perfect fit. I am onto a DJ next. It is definitely not too early to book things- it is so great you got the DJ you wanted, especially if they are in really high demand, I would absolutely book them this far out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The folks rolling their eyes have not planned a wedding. So, they don't count. Keep steaming right ahead!

As far as a DJ, my father-in-law is a DJ and thank GOD...that's one thing I don't have to worry about. Although, I have to sit down with him and get the playlist together because he likes to play a lot of old music and our wedding will be a PARTY, so we can't have that. Not all night anyway, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards