June 2013 Weddings
Options

Continuing My Dress Drama From Facebook... (pics!)

Sorry this is long...ok so for everyone who read my posts on the facebook group this weekend, you know that I already bought a dress in February for a really great price at a crazy sale.  I had to make the decision really quickly, so I bought it.  At first I was really excited about getting it, but then I started to plan my wedding and realized that I wasn't really in love with the dress.  It's not what I always imagined, which was a white lace dress.  I've been sad and having some regret about buying it, but didn't want to tell anyone because it made me sound crazy.  So yesterday while looking at bridesmaid dresses with my sister, I tried on a few lace dresses but wasn't really impressed because they looked like the dresses that everyone else has and I wanted something a little more unique (there are pics of this on fb).

Anyways, this is where the story gets crazy.  My sister told my mom that we tried on dresses and that I was regretting the original dress, and my mom called me up this morning all upset.  She told me that she could always tell that I wasn't really in love with the dress, and I only looked happy when I had both the dress and her vintage lace veil on.  She said that she'd be willing to go looking for the perfect dress with me, so she made an appointment at David's Bridal for this afternoon.  I was upset because I don't want to be that girl who tries on 7 million dresses and I didn't think I would find anything good there.  So we went, and I surprisingly liked a lot of dresses there and reeeeally fell in love with 2 dresses.  Both dresses are white, lightweight, and more on the plain side (which I like).  I'd love your opinions about which dress you all like the most.  We're going back on Wednesday night to make the final decision since I'm going on vacation next weekend and just want to put this dress drama behind me!  I'm including the links to the dresses because for some reason the DB pictures are posting sideways and I can't fix it...

Dress #1:  (Link to dress)
Pros:  white, sweetheart neckline, beautiful belt, made me feel like a bride, super light and comfortable

Dress #2:  (link to dress)
Pros:  white, lace (the pattern is more of a leaf pattern and is really unique), ribbon belt, really lightweight.  I seeeeeriously love this dress and get chills every time I look at it!  it's what I've always dreamed of wearing

Dress #3:  the original dress
Pros:  unique top, sparkly belt, buttons down the back (the back is pretty)
Cons:  too big and needs to be altered a lot at the top (could cost a lot since there's a lot of design up there), off white, heavy, shiny material, not the style I thought I would wear

Sorry for how long this post was, but I feel better typing this all out!  Thanks for reading all this!  If you guys ever need any dress help I'll be there for you!

Re: Continuing My Dress Drama From Facebook... (pics!)

• Options
    I prefer either the first or the original. You look beautiful in both! Sorry for this being totally unhelpful. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I like them all but I think you need to go with your gut on this... If you don't get the second one will you always regret it? You seem to have a lot of cons with the original dress
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ah that dress still gets to me... The first David's dress was my number 2 dress. I loved it, soooo comfortable and simple but still was fun enough to make you feel like a bride. It hits in all the right places and it's really light for summer and I love the neckline. Unfortunately I tried it on after my current dress and everyone said they didn't like it, sort of took the wind out of my sails. But I think it looks beautiful on you, I personally still like it the most out of the three you have here. My dress (don't worry I'm in love with it too, but my dad loved it and that sort of made my mind up between the two) is lace up top with a keyhole back, and fades to tulle at the bottom. If you go back to David's, try it on, it might be the hint of lace you wanted but it's different (and stunning) with the keyhole back.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Personally, I LOVE your original dress out of all 3 total...however, you need to go with your gut, and if your gut is saying #2, then go for it!! Laughing
  • Options
    I think they're all beautiful dresses and I love the one you have but out of the two new ones if you decide to get one I vote for the lace one cause it's beautiful and why get a new one if your not going to get the lace dress you've dreamed of? Also I know how you feel on wanting to decide and have it done but your already going through one dress regret from a quick decision so I think you should give yourself more time to decide. Going on vacation and giving yourself sometime to get distracted with other things and then going back to try them on could be just the thing you need to help make this choice easier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry another thought, from your posts sounds like wearing your mothers veil is important to you so which one does the veil match best with?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    IMO I love the second one. I am totally a sucker for lace dresses! I also think it flatters your body the best. Would your mothers veil still work with this dress?
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ashlidie - I tried that dress on too!  It was beautiful but the straps fit me weird so it didn't work.  You got an awesome dress though!

In regards to my mom's veil - I love the veil for sentimental reasons but there are some issues with the veil.  She got married in 1979 and you can definitely tell...there are 3 layers to the veil just for extra volume!  The bottom layer is beautiful with a lace border, the second layer has little lace appliques all over it, and the top layer covers my face.  The problem is that they are all attached to this massive lace comb/hat thing that kind of makes me look like a nun.  My original dress color matches my mom's veil, but I would have to get the veil altered to not be on the comb thing and I would probably get rid of the second layer too.  There's also a rip in it.  So I'm not dead set on using it, but it is very pretty.  I think overall I would rather have a white dress with a new veil than try to get one that matches that color.

I guess I really do keep going back to the lace one.  It's what I always wanted but the lace is different from any pattern I've ever seen so it feels more unique...but it's just so form fitting which is so not my thing!  One thing I have to say about the first dress is that it made me feel like a bride because it was bigger.  My consultant said that a lot of girls say that to her about the big ones they try on.  Isn't it weird that a lot of us think of "bridal" as being big and poofy?

Oh and I should probably mention that I'm getting married outside in a garden/forest at a state park and our reception is inside a victorian mansion inside the park, so I'm just trying to find the best dress for my setting mixed in with what I've always imagined.  And now I'm going to stop rambling about dresses and go to sleep!
  • Options
    Go with your gut. Which one did you feel the best wearing? That's the one.
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I like them all too...and think with the alterations the first one will look great.  I found it really tough to visualize when the dresses didn't fit, so maybe this could be a reason you're having doubts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the straps but Im making sure they get fixed in alterations.

But I really don't think you can go wrong with either dress.  I ended up getting lace so I love lace, and I love the first one, and your original one matches the veil so its like, you really can't go wrong either way.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I personally like #1 & #2 better than the original dress, and it seems like your gut is telling you #2, but this is ultimately up to you!!! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I can see what you like about dress #2. It is very flattering to your figure and it has the unique quality. I do like your original dress as well. Ultimately it is up to you, as it is your wedding day. Whichever one is most comfortable and makes you feel like the bride is the one. I agree with PP to go with your gut! Good luck!!
  • Options
    you're BEAMING in dress #2. sometimes the smile says it all :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I say go with dress 2! It sounds like you are absolutely in love with it!! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards