June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

What's going on? Only 101 days left for us June 1st brides. Getting stuff done?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    I feel like I've been in a lull, but we don't have much left to do. All the decoration stuff my mom order for us showed up, so I'll get that this weekend. I want to buy sort of vase filler though and make my centerpieces sometime soon. We also need to order our favors soon. 

I've been addressing and stuffing invitations. I need two more addresses from my dad, then I'm buying the postage this up coming week and they go in the mail the first week of March, so that's really exciting. 

I tried to get the ball rolling on our ceremony, but FI thinks we have time and his cousin who is officiating asked what we wanted and I told him then never heard back, so who knows.

FI's mom finalized the menu and whatnots for the RD too, so that's exciting. 

Card box, cake topper, parent gifts, music, having FI give yay or nay to the reading I like, and making final meeting appointments is all on my docket to get done soon. I also have my boudoirs in like a week and a half and I really have nothing to wear for them. So shopping for that might be happening. I'm also on the hunt for a shower/rehearsal dress. Ah and wedding rings. I cannot believe we still do not have rings. It's been a huge himming and hawwing on FI's part and I'm chomping at the bit to get rings at this point.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I ordered envelopes for invitations the other night and expect them to be here in the next few days. My fiance's mom is hand addressing them for us since she has really nice handwriting, and I want her to be able to start addressing those ASAP so she doesn't have to do them all at once.

I made decent progress on our centerpieces while I was sick last week, and should get the first step completely finished this weekend. They should get considerably easier once I get done with step #1.

I'm going shopping on Sunday with my mom and my grandma, so that they can look for something to wear. We're also going to Joann's, so I can show my mom what I want her to make for under the centerpieces.

I also just sat down and updated my budget spreadsheet, so I have a clearer idea of where we stand with payments, and what we've got left from the wedding fund.

I was inspired by MissusLia on Monday, and I went out to look for a few things as well. I found our cardbox, and the baskets we'll use in the restrooms for hospitality items.

Progress is slowly but surely being made!!

• FI and I worked on projects this past weekend.  The lanterns I've been procrastinating on are almost completed!  YAY!  FIs still working on the sea glass jewelry, has some finishing touches to put on it and he's now decided he wants to make boxes for everyone's gifts so he's added a project to his plate.  At this rate I  doubt he'll have time to make the beer he wanted to serve at the reception but we'll see.

Invitations are printed and assembled.  I need to do the envelopes and stuff them, then get the postage and actually mail them.  I'm sad, the wax seal FBIL made us didn't work well because it was made from plastic instead of metal.  So we purchased one from Hobby Lobby but I think it's going to be too small and I'm not happy with it.  FI is going to play with it tonight to see if it's what I want.

We went to a bridal show about a week ago looking for bartenders and I thought we'd found one but when I went to contract with them they gave me some BS excuse about not being able to bartend in the state FI and I are getting married it.  Whatever, so now I'm working on finding a new one.  I've got 2 really good possibilities.  I'm trying to convince FI to just let the beverage service people handle all the alcohol related stuff for the reception but he's convinced it will save us tons of money if we just hire the bartenders and buy the alcohol ourselves.  I'm going to sit down this week and actually do the math.  I don't think it will.

My RSVP site is set up and ready to go and as soon as the first invitations are mailed out I'll actually make it available online.  Woo hoo!  I also ran across this fantastic Doctor Who garter on Pinterest but couldn't find where anyone actually sold the garter so I ordered a Tardis blue garter and some charms similar to what I saw on Pinterest and will be assembling it myself.  I'm so excited about that!  FI has no idea and I think he'll get a kick out of that.

FMIL has started on THE DRESS.  I've been waiting it seems like forever for this to happen.  She played with making a practice dress and had some trial and error but I think we're good to go now because FI let me know she was actually sewing on the satin  Laughing

I went out looking at patterns with my mother (who has it in her head that she wants to make her MOB outfit) and she found a pattern but didn't buy it because she wanted to take measurements and make sure what size she needed.  I'm not sure she'll actually make her outfit but I'm not worried because she has several formals in her closet she can pull out.

My next project (besides completing the ever-present lantern project) will be to get together a guest list for my BMs for the shower and bachelorette party.  And also getting the invitation envelopes addressed.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week I went restaurant scouting with FMIL for the rehearsal dinner. We chose the Italian restaurant two doors down from our venue. It's perfect!
    I also found a great place for the Bridal Shower, my mom lives in San Diego but wants to host the shower in LA so I helped her scout the perfect little garden cafe for a Sunday brunch.

I've also been working on the following:

Finalized invitation wording, will be ordering the invitations this weekend and then shoe shopping.

Penultimate payment to our vendor/caterer is due this week.

Working out the details with the band (i.e. song selections and special requets).

Sending in the contract and deposit for the rabbi.

...and my nerves are starting to spike!!!

Anniversary
  • This week has gone by fast! I'm making the invitations and I think I have finally got one perfectly done now that I've tried for over 3 weeks. I bought undergarments for the dress, a bridal shower dress, my wedding shoes, and headband. FMIL is working on invitation ideas for the RD. I feel like only little things are left for us. My next big thing is assembling invitations.
    Oh and we are a little worried because FI started new job (which is great!) but he's not sure if we are going to be able to go on a honeymoon right after the wedding. We will find out soon.
  • I'm pretty far behind the rest of you, but weddings in Utah seem to move faster than elsewhere haha.

I picked and ordered my dress and undergarments this past weekend. Bridesmaids ordered their dresses, and MOB also got her dress! I also picked out some makeup and will start practicing with it. We finalized our invitations and will order them this weekend. We also settled on our rings and will order them in a couple weeks.

I've still got three major things to do: florist, cake, and photographer! We are meeting our first choice photographer tomorrow, hoping that works out and I don't have to keep looking Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards