June 2013 Weddings

Whatcha think?

One of my BM's cousins recently got married. In her wedding all of the BMs carried a single rose and the MOH carried a small bouquet. I kind of like this idea, but I'm not 100% sure of it yet. I think it would make it more...I don't really know what word I'm looking for here lol.

What do you ladies think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Whatcha think?

• I haven't seen this with roses but I have seen it with lilies and loved it!  It is simple while still being elegant.  I keep going back and forth on this idea too.  It would be less expensive...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sure it would be beautiful--If you like the idea, go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_whatcha-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:aa0b1d82-d578-4135-adf3-eb9a3946b28bPost:34017984-dca3-44f1-9114-7d57f425f205">Re: Whatcha think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen this with roses but I have seen it with lilies and loved it!  It is simple while still being elegant.  I keep going back and forth on this idea too.  It would be less expensive...
    Posted by leed0019[/QUOTE]

If I do this, It will either be white roses or calla lillies. And I'm liking the cheaper part lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im doing something similar, except not single but just 3 stems of sunflowers for my bridemaids and I wil have a just slightly bigger bouquet that has some white in it too.  Im totally down for the cheaper bill AND I think it looks very pretty.  I like simple.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I might do small bouquets for my bm. Like 6 flowers. I am using carnations.

• I might do small bouquets for my bm. Like 6 flowers. I am using carnations.

• I love that idea! I think it is so simple, classy, and understated. LOVE it!! I am contemplating doing it myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I loved the idea. When FI and I first started dating he got me a different colored rose almost everyday for week. And the first flower he ever got me was an orange rose so roses are kind of special to us :) so I've ditched the calla lily idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_whatcha-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:aa0b1d82-d578-4135-adf3-eb9a3946b28bPost:06599be6-d01e-4564-b52a-1ad60dae42b1">Re: Whatcha think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! I loved the idea. When FI and I first started dating he got me a different colored rose almost everyday for week. And the first flower he ever got me was an orange rose so roses are kind of special to us :) so I've ditched the calla lily idea.
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This might be a terrible idea, but if he got you different colored roses every day of the week, what if your bridal party had different colors, and you did not carry a bouquet, but at the end of the aisle, they all gave their stems to you to form a bouquet? I've never seen it done, so it might suck. I just thought it would be different.</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_whatcha-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:aa0b1d82-d578-4135-adf3-eb9a3946b28bPost:daa60659-52c0-41af-be93-70741f22041c">Re: Whatcha think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatcha think? : This might be a terrible idea, but if he got you different colored roses every day of the week, what if your bridal party had different colors, and you did not carry a bouquet, but at the end of the aisle, they all gave their stems to you to form a bouquet? I've never seen it done, so it might suck. I just thought it would be different.
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

At first our wedding was basically going to be a massive rainbow...not literally but you get the idea. Sooo I think I'm going to stick with the white roses. Thank you for the creative suggestion though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_whatcha-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:aa0b1d82-d578-4135-adf3-eb9a3946b28bPost:700d724c-c5ba-4e2e-b9ff-cdb2fab52f10">Whatcha think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my BM's cousins recently got married. In her wedding all of the BMs carried a single rose and the MOH carried a small bouquet. I kind of like this idea, but I'm not 100% sure of it yet. I think it would make it more...I don't really know what word I'm looking for here lol. What do you ladies think?
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

<div>I like the idea and am considering it myself, albeit with sunflowers. But I want to check out some photos of weddings where this has been done to see how it looks. In theory (or in my mind at least) it looks really cute! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards