June 2013 Weddings
Options

FI helping?

Like I have said before this is my 2nd wedding.  My late husaband did not really care what I picked, what it looked like, who was there (he did but you know what I mean) 

My FI has input on EVERYTHING!  He wants to help pick everything out, he picked the colors, wants to send out save the dates (I did not for 1st wedding)  I just think its funny how diff wedding planning is this time around with input from the groom.

What about your FI?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FI helping?

• Options
    My FI is currently deployed but is helping as much as he can. Pretty much I just send him all the options we have such as for a DJ, our ceremony and reception site, and other things like that and he gives his opinion on which one he wants. He's not super into it but he likes that I'm trying to include him in everything.
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. J and I chose my ring together, which I guess counts as ME helping... We chose the date and the venue together. We are choosing the readings together, the hymns together... We sat down with our caterer and chose our preferred menu together. We researched and chose our photographer together. We went to our preferred flower farm and looked at seasonal flowers together (neither of us cares about colors or types of flowers). He is choosing (with my approval) his attire.
  • Options
    FI Matt is into it, but not overly. Like, he said he liked yellow dresses for the BM's, but I got an ivory dress and asked if we could do something other than yellow and he was kinda like do whatever you want. He is VERY involved in the budget, he came with me to talk with photographers, djs, and limos. He will be involved in picking the menu. I looked at venues 1st with just my parents, weeded out which ones I liked and didn't like, and then he came to see those so we could decide. He would've gotten overwhelmed with all the venue choices. He pretty much with get involved with whatever I ask him to, but he's not even close to being as interested as I am. The one thnig he will not do is come to the flower meetings. he finds them a complete waste and would be happy with no flowers at all and so he chose to just know what the cost is but not come pick. 
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    My FI has opinions on certain things.  He will definitely help wtih the menu!  And he is the one who decided to send out STDs. 
    June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI is involved for the most part, he has helped to pick out the venue, and he has met with the photographers and videographers with me. He was really involved in choosing the DJ and the musician, those are the big things for him. But he doesn't really care about small details - like save the dates, invites, favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI is the same way. He has an opinion on everything and wants a say in just about everything. I always hoped I would marry a guy who would let me do whatever I wanted but I kind of like having another opinion, unless it's the opposite of mine lol. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI says he doesn't care and to pick whatever I want, but as soon as I make a deicison and tell him about it he'll kind of make a face and be like "...seriously..?" Uh, yeah. Don't give me free reigh then scoff at my decisions. So he's had a lot of say in things, haha. He's gone to all the vendor meetings with me except the photographer. He's excited to do e-pictures and keeps asking what we have to do next and when we're going to do things like cake tastings and whatnot. He picked out our DJ and he has very strong opinoins on what bakers we're going to go see. I like that he's involved. Even if it means I don't get everything I want I'm happier that way becasue it should be our day not my day. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My FI is helping out where he can.. I pretty much had creative reign over the color scheme since he says he can barely dress himself in the morning lol.. but he helped visit our venue before the booking and will be going with me to any and all appointments that are scheduled to meet vendors and help decide which we like best. I'm glad he's wanting to help but not overly much so :)
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cnf my FI does the same thing! He tells me to pick what I want but then doesn't like the things I pick, like the color of my BM dresses. Eventually he let's me get my way because he knows I have a vision and since it's pretty close to what I do for a living he trusts me. But he did go to all the venues, DJ and photographer meetings and was very opinionated. We couldn't even go in one place because he didn't like the way it looked outside! We've decided for the florist my sister and I will narrow the list down to 2 or 3 then he'll go. He has full control over menu and will go to the cake tastings. Right now we're trying to agree on save the dates but I'm sure I'll get the ones I want! :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI is pretty involved with everything. I basically do all the research and present it to him but he definately wants a say in everything which I absolutlly love! We just found out that our venue is having a menu tasting, and FI was pissed that he can't go, it's on a wednesday night, and he works 2nd shift, when I brought up the idea of my mom going with him...welll that didn't go over well! He feels that is one of the most important things that the bride and groom do together, which I guess is true. So we have to wait until the next tasting in March to go.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

At first my FI was not into helping at all other than he wanted there to at least be blue in the wedding colors.  I took him to a show, where he about fell out over all the choices and price ranges.  He then took a lot of interest in helping plan and wants to go with me to all the meetings if possible.  I actually am very grateful because I hate making decisions so it helps take some of the pressure off me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is my second marriage as well.  My FI is helping me every step of the way and I'm loving it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I gotta say my fiance seems to really be into the wedding planning he just needs direction once in a while. He even picked out the bridesmaid dresses. I hope you guys have fun planning your wedding. 
    Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards