June 2013 Weddings
Options

a little frustrated and a set back

I just found out today the color that I was going to use at Davids Bridal was discontinued! The color was Capri and if you dont know what color that is it is like a Cinderella blue, very light blue. Now I do not know what to do since the next closest color is more of a light blue.green combo. I have always wanted to  Light blue wedding and now i dont know what to do. Any suggestions?
Photobucket

Re: a little frustrated and a set back

• Options
    Oh No!  I'm sorry to hear that (even for a steeler fan :-p).  But don't let just your bridesmaid dresses be the reason you can't have a blue wedding...

They could always wear gray or some other complimentary color, or they can get them from alfred angelo or some other salon.  Sometimes designer bridesmaid dresses are only like $30 more than David's.  It's not ideal but it's not worth completely changing the view of your wedding, It will work out!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    ...I know Morilee has some affordable bridesmaid dresses
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I agree, I would just look somewhere else, there are other affordable options out there..if this is what you have always wanted, dont change it! sorry for the setback :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Agreed! Check out other designers! David's bridal is not the "be all, end all" of affordable bridesmaids dresses. Alfred Angelo has a similar price range, I know but i'm not familiar with their colors. Check around for deals too. Some bridal stores will give you a discount on bridesmaids dresses if you buy your wedding gown at the same place. It's definitely disappointing, but luckily you have plenty of time to figure it out! Good luck!!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MeghannsixMeghannsix member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I second (or third?) Alfred Angelo.  Lots of color choices, and not too too expensive.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I did look into alfred angelo. I just have to remake sure what every ones budget is to make sure I can get a great dress for them in their price range!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree that you should definitely check out other designers/bridal salons. You should get a color you are thrilled with! 

Since DB is discontinuing what sounds like their only true "light blue" maybe they have plans of replacing it with something new in a similar shade. See if your consultant or the DB customer service line has any insight. It's worth a shot if you're set on DB. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Berry337: I did ask a customer service person. She was the one that told me it was discountinued and that pool was its replacement
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ditto other PP's - check out other designers.

Hopefully DB will have a replacement color in time. If not, it could look really nice to have the blue color you want as accessory items - they will really pop against a neutral (possibly gray?) dress.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh no that's disappointing! I hope you are able to find a replacement color that is similar if not the same!

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards