June 2013 Weddings
Options

Google searching TK websites...

For those of you who, like myself, got upset about the forum showing up when you google searched your TK wedding website, it's resolved! Out of curiosity I just googled my website and it was the first link that came. One thread about venues also popped up, but since my website was the first on the search list, I can deal. I also went back and made all my posts private, so people will have a hard time tracing back to some of our more volatile and TMI discussions. 

I know this was a point of contention for a few of us recently, so just a heads up that's it's better now =)
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Google searching TK websites...

• Options
    Ohh I cant wait to check mine, I hope mine was resolved too. That was so annoying. How do you go about making posts private? And if they're private, who can see them?
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    Only you can search them or see them. Just click on my profile on the left and go to settings. There's a way to set everything to private. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So, obviously we, here on this board, can see what you post, but they can't be seen if searched in google? Because if I google my website, it still comes up with posts that I had typed it in. If I make my posts private, maybe that will solve the problem?
  • Options
    I think so. I made mine private and the only one that comes up when I google is roll call. So it still can bring you to the board and obviously people can click around the board. But nothing else shows up now. And someone just looking for your website, if they don't know you chat on here all the time, will see the website in the search engine and just click on it anyways.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I do not see where to make posts provate. I see where to make my bio and stuff provate, but not my posts. Is it under update profile? And if so, where do I go from there? Sorry, I'm sure this is really easy but  don't see it and I really want to get this resolved.
  • Options
    Nevermind I got it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards