June 2013 Weddings
Options

AW Monday

I don't know if it matters who starts these, don't want to take anyone's job. Just figured I'd post, because we didn't get to AW last Monday since TK ate the post right? So, let's hear it.....
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: AW Monday

• Options
    My AW I think I already mentioned in another post but we booked a vacation! e are going to the Bahamas for 5 days, to our favorite hotel. We have been there like 8 times, it's in Nassau, and we love it. It feels safe, you can walk around downtown and not feel hassaled or scared. If anyone is thinking a carribbean honeymoon, I definetly recommend Breezes Bahamas. You can eat and drink as much as you want too since it's all inclusive!

Also, Sat FI and I were hanging out at my parents house in the pool and we were talking about our honeymoon. FI always said he wanted to do something tropical and how he "hates" Europe though he's never been there. Well, he asked what I'd want to do, and I casually mention a European cruise to like Spain, Italy, France, etc and he actually agreed! I can't believe that we might actually get to Europe. He said he would do a 7 day cruise and then would like to look in to then flying for a short trip to the carribbean, lke St. Maarten, or Antigua. I'm all excited now because I know this is my only chance to get him to Europe, and I think he's only agreeing because he likes to cruise.
  • Options

A few days ago a peacock decided to show up on my property, I have a few acres right on the outskirts of town, so I'm guessing that someone thought, hey she has room for this peacock.  Well little did I know how ridicously annoying peacocks are.  This thing likes to go off at all times of the day and night.  I haven't a clue what to do with it either, and to be honest I'm getting a bit worried that it might harm my dogs if they get too close.  So today I made the decision that I am going to contact the local zoo and see if they want a new addition.

In other news my 9 yr old had his last Baseball game this weekend, they lost but had an awesome season, now it's time for fall ball.

• Options
    I taught my fiance how to make spaghetti, meatballs, and garlic bread this past week. This might not sound like a big deal, but this is HUGE for a guy who could literally only make sandwiches and macaroni and cheese. I was so proud of him for a.) being willing to learn how to cook, and b.) actually doing it successfully. I was so excited that I took a picture of the final product:

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b754b525-fd9c-46af-add8-10fef50f4fcaPost:d6f33b83-d47c-48ca-9f6c-508a9ea044fa">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I taught my fiance how to make spaghetti, meatballs, and garlic bread this past week. This might not sound like a big deal, but this is HUGE for a guy who could literally only make sandwiches and macaroni and cheese. I was so proud of him for a.) being willing to learn how to cook, and b.) actually doing it successfully. I was so excited that I took a picture of the final product:
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

Aww thats great.  FI keeps buying me cook books if he sees a recipe or something he wants in one.  I've starting telling him that he needs to pick one recipe out of each and learn to cook.  The most he has ever attempted is grilled cheese & scrambled eggs.

• Options
    My baby boy is standing on his own now! 

Also I think I found my dress this weekend! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My FI has been feeling bad that he didn't realize that Foo Fighters (my fav band ever) was playing Summerfest up in Milwaukee and thusly he didn't get me tickets for my birthday.. somehow he managed to get tickets and now we're going on thursday! Super excited :D
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Confession - I don't know what AW means? Someone help :(
    September Signature Challenge - Fave sports team

My planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b754b525-fd9c-46af-add8-10fef50f4fcaPost:08c8da01-4ebf-47fe-9c87-77945dccdc2a">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession - I don't know what AW means? Someone help :(
    Posted by kwebb17[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>AW stand for Attention Whore. Basically it's something to brag about.</div><div>
    </div><div>My AW is that I finally got FI to help me make a menu for the week. We make a list of meals for each night then go grocery shopping accordingly. Usually I have to ask him to help me a million times and he'll pick one meal. This week He came up with most of our meals I was so excited! And we got out of the grocery store without any junk food in our carriage. Little victories this week lol</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a bummer day on Saturday (auditions were way weird) and my step sister asked me what we could do on Sunday to make it better.  I jokingly replied "the beach".

Sunday morning we went on a 13.5 mile bike ride (my longest so far) and then she told me to come by her place about 1.  When I showed up, she had her two dogs in hula skirts, her back yard filled with sand, beach chairs, and a kiddie pool with water and sea shells.  It was probably the cutest thing ever.  

Wedding related: I'm thinking of chaning my venue from my dad's backyard to somewhere in my hometown.  I am concerned that my friend's and family won't be able to make an OOT venue.  Now I'm concerned with hurting my dad's feelings.  Who was talking about eloping to end the stress ... ;) 
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Mrs. K, I'm on the 29th, and I feel the same way, so left out. I think I' going to go grazy when it's actual wedding weekend and everyone is getting married/finishes and we are STILL waiting. I hope it doesn't give me anxiety, lol.
  • Options
    MrsK, at least while you wait that last month you'll get to share in our excitement. You can enjoy looking our pictures I guess. We'll wait for you, we promise!

I don't have much to AW about today. Had a four day weekend which was a great choice on my part. 

I finally dragged myself to the Y and paid the stupid nonmember fee so I could get in a pool and start practicing swimming so I don't drown during my triathlon. I managed to swim the distance in under the time cap including stopping a few times to catch my breath and rescue my watch from the deep end when it fell off. My swim team days are long behind me though and that was not fun or pretty. I noticed the lifegaurd eyeing me hard. I think he was waiting for me to drown, haha. Hopefully if I go once a week I'll be good for my triathlon. I don't think I'll totally get my breathing under control though for the whole distance. I was never a distance swimmer, so I may end up side stroking most of the swim leg of my race. Hopefully they don't DQ if you don't free style the whole swim. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b754b525-fd9c-46af-add8-10fef50f4fcaPost:ae2a1764-f531-43ad-93eb-3cf1b3184208">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a bummer day on Saturday (auditions were way weird) and my step sister asked me what we could do on Sunday to make it better.  I jokingly replied "the beach". Sunday morning we went on a 13.5 mile bike ride (my longest so far) and then she told me to come by her place about 1.<strong>  When I showed up, she had her two dogs in hula skirts, her back yard filled with sand, beach chairs, and a kiddie pool with water and sea shells.  It was probably the cutest thing ever.  </strong> Wedding related: I'm thinking of chaning my venue from my dad's backyard to somewhere in my hometown.  I am concerned that my friend's and family won't be able to make an OOT venue.  Now I'm concerned with hurting my dad's feelings.  Who was talking about eloping to end the stress ... ;) 
    Posted by NikishaMcFall[/QUOTE]

I keep giggling about the dogs in hula skirts. Please tell me you have a picture!!
  • Options
    Emily - I do, but it's not working at my work computer. I'm about to go home, so I'll upload some when I get to my own computer :)
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
  • Options
    AllieS421AllieS421 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I finally made a dress appointment... actually 2... to begin the search for THE dress.

I originally made an appointment for July 13th at a bridal boutique in the town where we are getting married. My mom, my sister, FI's mom and FI's sister are supposed to be at that one.

While talking to my mom about it, she said it would be fun to go look at dresses this weekend while I am in my hometown (and still go the 13th if we can't find anything) and that it would be just us. Now this is a HUUUUUUGE deal, since I am the oldest of three girls and we are all a year apart; I don't think my mom and I have done something "just us" since I was born! On top of that, my mom has been calling and emailing me dress designs all day for us to look at on Sunday. She hasn't been super involved in the wedding planning yet so this is a welcomed fresh wave of excitement!

This may not be a typical AW post but I had to share it! I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like this is a weird thing to AW about because it truly makes me feel like a big attention whore, but my birthday is on Saturday!  Yay I'm going to be 25!  I feel weird about it since it's such a "grown up" age.  I'm sure everyone who's older than 25 on here thinks I'm an idiot, but I'm kind of excited to be so grown up!  I always thought I would get married when I was 25, and it's actually going to happen (my wedding is on 6/1/13)!  My fiance asked me a few months ago what I want to do for my birthday, and I told him I wanted to go camping.  He HATES camping.  But since he's so awesome, he said that we could definitely go camping at my favorite state park and that we could invite all of our friends.  I'm so excited for this weekend!  My fiance is the best!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b754b525-fd9c-46af-add8-10fef50f4fcaPost:e9b07b92-45a2-4a2d-8b39-429f83d62f8c">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like this is a weird thing to AW about because it truly makes me feel like a big attention whore, but my birthday is on Saturday!  Yay I'm going to be 25!  I feel weird about it since it's such a "grown up" age.  I'm sure everyone who's older than 25 on here thinks I'm an idiot, but I'm kind of excited to be so grown up!  I always thought I would get married when I was 25, and it's actually going to happen (my wedding is on 6/1/13)!  My fiance asked me a few months ago what I want to do for my birthday, and I told him I wanted to go camping.  He HATES camping.  But since he's so awesome, he said that we could definitely go camping at my favorite state park and that we could invite all of our friends.  I'm so excited for this weekend!  My fiance is the best!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha.. I know exactly how you feel! I just turned 26 on the 15th and I felt the same way :)</div>
    September Signature Challenge - Fave sports team

My planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

mrsk- I have definitely creeped on deependfilms website a few times! I really like fairytale productions and FI and I are thinking about setting up a meeting with them.

kplusa- I turn 25 in a little bit over a month and I am DREADING it. I feel like every birthday after 21 has just been downhill and I feel old turning 25...I dont wanna feel more grown up wahh. I always thought I would get married around 25 too and I will be 25 :)

Originally today, I felt like I didnt have an AW but then I remembered I bought my wedding shoes yesterday! I havent even decided on my dress yet, but I cant imagine not being in these shoes! Link below because I cant figure out how to put it in the post lol:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/audrey+brooke+taylor+pump?prodId=246747&category=dsw12cat1190018

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b754b525-fd9c-46af-add8-10fef50f4fcaPost:ca2b6b26-bc1f-4ebf-ad8a-ad330cf9d16a">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Monday : hahah I felt the EXACT same way!  And then I turned 26 and was like.... sh!t.  NOW I feel old hahah
    Posted by mrskaiser22[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way!! Then I always feel ridiculous because it's only 26!
  • Options
    Sparkles-shoes are so cute, they look confy too! 

When I turned 25, I thought I felt old.....then I turned 26. I'm officially in my "late 20's" now. I just turned 26 in April, and I defintely felt different that birthday. 
  • Options
    Okay all you youngins wait till you hit 30 and all you want to do is CRY!  No being 30 is pretty awesome, the older we get the wiser we get! haha  (or so they say) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sparkles - love love the shoes!

I just heard from my bridal boutique that my dress has arrived, so super excited!!! Can't wait to pick it up and start shopping for shoes and accessories!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards