June 2013 Weddings
Options

You and your FI

How did you and your FI meet?  How long have you been together?  How did he pop the question? 

I love hearing everyone's stories!

Re: You and your FI

• Options
    FI and I actually met basically in my front yard...
    He went to high school with my cousins then bf (now husband) and my uncle and cousins are my next door neighbors.  Well that bf ran into my FI on a random occasion and he invited FI to a small birthday get together he was having over my uncles house.  It was just a cookout out on the pier at the pond, my dad caught wind and told me to stop by that sunday before heading back down to school for classes on monday.  So FI met my entire family first actually, and later I rode my dirtbike down to the pond once I got to my dads.  I thought nothing of it, just talked to the people who were there since there was a handful of faces I didn't recognize.  A couple days later he asked me on our first date after finding my info from my cousin.

We've been together now three and a half years, 4 years in may.  Last Feb. on the first pretty day of the year, he took me back down to my Uncle's pond to the very spot we sat when we first said our first words together and popped the question, with my Uncle watching through his binoculars haha!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Everyone has such great stories! My fi and i met through a mutual friend just hanging out with a bunch if people. I was about to go into my freshman year if college and hadn't been looking for a boyfriend. It was obvious that he was interested in me, but i didnt feel the same. He woukd frequently ask me to hang out, and i would always make an excuse not to! When i finally gave him a chance we clicked! Its now been almost 5 1/2 years and i couldnt be happier! He asked me to marry him at a a new years party with all of our closest friends! He had been acting so weird and distant all night and i was getting slightly annoyed! Lol. Then finally shortly after the ball dropped he came to me and told me he needed to ask me something. And when i turned hed gotten down on ine nee and asked me to marry him! Everyone went crazy! Apparently noone had any idea except a few of his guy friends who he told just moments before. It was amazing, because hes terrible with keeping secrets!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    FI and I met through a friend :)  Her and I were going to the zoo and she asked if she could bring two buddies around (turned out to be FI and his identical twin).  He was really funny and I was dying of laughter all day, which made me think "wow... cute, smart, and funny to boot.  I like this guy."  I tried to flirt with him, but he was completely oblivious LoL  After weeks of FB chatting, then MSN chatting, then finally phone chatting I think he finally got the picture!  He asked me out and we've been together ever since (3 yrs, 5 mos). 

At the end of November we took a trip to Barbados -- he's only been out of the country once before (to Florida as a kid), so it was a super exciting vacation for us. We went on a tour of the island and he proposed at North Point, which is one of my Dad's favourite places in the world.   FI always joked that he would propose on my favourite beach in BC where I grew up with my grandparents and we were planning to go there next summer, so I REALLY wasn't expecting it.  I saw him bend down, but thought he was just tying his shoe so I ignored him haha  When I finally looked down and saw the ring, I was in shock.  After I said yes and we had some kisses, a few other tourists who had kept their distance when they saw what was happening came by to say congratulations.  As they were clapping, the wind came and blew up my skirt, showing my butt to everyone.  SUPER classy hahah  It brought me back down into reality and was a funny moment, which fits our personalities though haha 
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My Fi and I meet when we were in the 7th grade through his best friend/my cousin. We went to two different schools but they came to check out a football game. After that we saw each other for our annual 4th of July party at my uncles. When hitting high school my uncle would always try to hook us up. It would get annoying but it was funny. Right before freshman year of college we hung out and I kinda wanted him to ask me out but he didn't bc he wanted to be able to fate who ever he wanted too. 2 summers letter my uncle text me on mothers day and said he had this great guy for me to date. I knew who it was right off the bat. I was just starting my new summer job and couldn't sleep so I sent him a message on facebook since i was nervous and he asked me out to lunch for my birthday. After lunch we went to a party that my friend was having for me and then the next day we started dating. We knew each other for 7 years before we started dating and now have been together for a little over 3 1/2 years (it will be 4 years in June)

We started a tradition when we first started dating that at the end of summer before he went back to school we would go to a really nice fancy dinner. Well in August my FI just got back from a family vacation to Vegas (i couldn't go bc i just started a new job) and we decided that we would have our nice dinner on Tuesday after I got out of work. He was acting so weird and kind of thought something was up. we had a lovely dinner and right after I took my last bit of food he started telling me how he had never met a girl like me and that I am the support that he has always needed (through school. he is currently in law school so lots of hard work) and how much he loved me and then got down on one knee at the restaurant. It was perfect! I looked around and it was like no one saw what happened and it was amazing. A little later our waiter came back and asked if we just got engaged and we said yes and he gave us free desert. It wasn't what I was expecting but it was amazing! Later he told me that the day before they left for Vegas that he went to breakfast with my dad to ask for my hand in marriage.

Now we are getting married on our 5 year anniversary and It will be amazing!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I had just gotten out of another relationship that was with the wrong guy that was a total idiot. My best friend was sick of seeing me date these guys that she hated and where no good for me. She asked if she could set me up with someone, I didnt think it would work but I figured hey its worth a shot to see who she thinks I should be with. She was actually his boss, he had been working for her for a little over 2 years and she had also seen he had been dating the wrong type of girl. She told him how to find me on FB and he did. We exchanged numbers and we started talking every night, it started off with 30 min conversations and after a few nights turned into 3 hr conversations. 2 weeks later (June 11th) she arranged a work party for me to meet him, We met and instantly felt the connection it was like I had known him my whole life. We have talked every day since :) By August he was living with me, and by September we where already talking about getting married. We kept looking at rings and eventually he put one in layaway. 

May 18th it was my moms birthday and I was working and running late, I called him to ask him to meet at my work with a change of clothes so we could hurry and go to dinner so we wouldnt be late. He was acting really strange and said I think you should come home. I was really annoyed because I was already running late but I just said OK I guess, have everything sitting out for me. I approached the door of our apartment and I read the note on the front door "We are going to play a quick game, I have set notes and clues to my location.... (again I was annoyed because we where going to be late meeting my family for dinner) I followed all the notes and clues which finally led to the spare bedroom...I opened up the spare bedroom door to find him on bended knee, with ring in hand and the rose in his mouth, with a sign hanging from the ceiling "Andrea, Will you marry me?" I without a doubt said YES! Turns out he had told my parents we would be late and I quickly got over the feeling annoyed part :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I met my now fiance on a dating website in 2010. I actually got on that day to delete my account. I just so happen to look before I did and his pick popped up. His profile pick was on the KFC guy so I thought that was funny. Writing him was the best decision of that year :) We went on our first date a few days later and talked for hours. June 27th, 2010 we officially became a couple. He proposed June 2011 a few days before our 1 year anniversary! It's so weird because I don't think without that site I would have ever met him. I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life. We are getting married June 15th, 2013 and I can't wait to be his wife Kiss.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b7a9aeff-ecf3-4064-8ef9-b7beeda7e248Post:f937bbba-c6ec-44d7-96a3-d1c1868ecdea">Re: You and your FI</a>:
    [QUOTE] When he left, I walked him out to his car and... he shook my hand!  I still tease him about that. 
    Posted by emmyroo[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of a really early SATC episode when Carrie's date wouldn't kiss her and she was left on the stairs with her arms outstretched saying "SERIOUSLY?!?!?"  haha
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We met through a mutual friend who happened to be her roommate and co-worker at the time. I had seen pictures of her on Facebook and thought she was cute so strategically showed up at a party she was attending as well :) we started dating a few weeks later; it'll be four years in April.

FI proposed in Central Park, NYC on a beautifully cold sunny day in December 2011, at my favorite spot in the park. She can be very shy, so she didn't make a big speech, but the moment was so wonderful and unforgettable. We celebrated with Champagne and then had an incredible dinner at One if By Land, Two If By Sea that night. If you're in NYC and are willing to shell out the cash, it's incredibly romantic with delicious food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    FI and I met at orientation day at college. He transferred in, and I was an incoming freshman. They broke people up into random groups and then by school and department so you could meet a lot of people. Well, we somehow ended up in the same groups all day and had the same major. That was 2 1/2 years ago. We were friends and would have lunch together every once in a while until last May. We were at a party with my fraternity, and I dared him to kiss me. We've been together ever since.

As far as our engagement, we're a long distance couple. I went up to his house for New Year's weekend, and we had some friends over to his house that night. At just before midnight, we went out front to light fireworks at midnight. He lit them and walked over to me to kiss me. I looked over for something, and when I turned back, he was on one knee with my ring in its box. I knew he had bought the ring, but I had no idea he was proposing yet. It was perfect for us. :)
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:b7a9aeff-ecf3-4064-8ef9-b7beeda7e248Post:fddbf0de-59aa-45d9-90f4-7b8084b791a2">Re: You and your FI</a>:
    [QUOTE]June 27th, 2010 we officially became a couple. 
    Posted by FutureMrsPrice2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Our official couple date is June 27th, 2004!  We had meet in High School which we later learned is really weird because we had many mutual friends we should have met long before.  Anyways, after a few weeks of hanging out he had asked me "I was wondering if you would you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" I said yes and we have been together for the last 8 years in June.</div><div>
    </div><div>He proposed on December 27th, 2010.  We weren't able to spend our 6th year anniversary together so he decided that we should go out to dinner for 6.5.  Unfortunately, I had to work that night and didn't got off late and had to get ready to go out.  He was so nervous and was pacing outside the bathroom door trying to get me to hurry up.  When I was ready he took me downstairs and said that he needed to talk to me quick.  I honestly don't remember much of what he said thinking you were just in such a hurry.  Then he got down on one knee and I just started crying.  He asked me "I am wondering if you would do me the honor of becoming my wife?"  </div><div>I feel kind of bad cause all I could say was really and didn't actually get a yes out for about 30 seconds!  The entire way to dinner I was shaking and next to us at the restaurant was a wedding reception!  It was just a sign!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards