June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Binder - PIP

Hey Ladies =) Happy Monday

I finally got around to making a prettier cover for my wedding binder (It looked too plain without anything on it haha) so I thought I would share.

I have to add a couple more things to it as it's missing something (I will probablt decorate the dress a little more (I should've embossed it to give it some texture) and probably will add some pearls or stickles a little.

Is anyone else making their own Wedding Planner? I thought i would make my own since the store bought/wedding show ones were so generic and would have me ripping out alot of pages.

June '13 - Cake!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25

Re: Wedding Binder - PIP

• I'm making one. My FMIL bought a book for me, and I use it, but I have a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" binder that I'm keeping a lot of things in. I need to make a cover for it. I love the one you made. Post a picture after you add to it. I'm sure it'll be beautiful!
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm going to make my own planner. FMIL and FFIL bought me one as a Christmas gift, but I don't really like it because (1) IMO the advice it contains is outdated and (2) the blank spaces in which you're supposed to write are too damn small. I have also checked out a bunch of planners at the bookstore and found that I didn't really like those either. I'm going to use the one I have as a model (to make sure I have all my bases covered - for all its other issues, it is extremely thorough).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aw! That's adorable!

I'm too lazy to make a nice one like that.  I just have an accordian folder and a notebook plus the knot's wedding planner book.  Seems to cover all the bases for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also too lazy to make one lol. I bought one over the summer and I really like it, it definitely did take me a while to find one i liked though. I use an accordian file to keep all my contracts in and information pertaining to each vendor
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's so cute! I just have all of my info in a regular binder ... I should put a cute picture or something on the front! I also have a few planners that various people bought me after we got engaged but I dont really care for any of them. I also have a really cute wedding journal that my FMIL bought me, which I love and have written in a few times.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Accordian file - great idea! I use one to keep all of my bills organized (yes people, I'm stuck in the Stone Agea and still receive paper bills... hehe).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also made mine, well mostly. I started with a binder then was given one as a gift, so I combined them. I also decorated the binder using clip art and a love quote from Pride&Prejudice. Probably a bit much for a DIY wedding planner, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies are putting me to shame!  FSIL got me a planner type book for Christmas, it's a bit outdated, but I've been hauling it around and making notes in it, etc.  It's small though, any papers need to be folded in half, and there's not really pockets, so I'm afraid things will slide out.  Time to get on the ball and put something else together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom got me one for Christmas and its the cutest thing ever :)  I'm way to lazy to make one and my mom said I HAD to have one.  I can't wait to start adding pictures inside of it of all the stuff. 
  • Thanks ladies =)

CassienceI022 - that is super cute!!

Lnodes - Nice! I don't think you could ever DIY too much. I figured I will be looking at that binder for the next 15 months I want it to be pretty haha.

Sparkles - I was going to use an accordian file as well but in the end opted for a binder. But it was tempting and is VERY handy to have (I use it for my bills as well haha I have a bunch still mailing me the paper version - I like having hard copies of everything)
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • How in the heck did I not even think about this?! I need to make one ASAP! Right now, I'm using a notebook and a binder from my venue. And I have papers, business cards and all kinds of other stuff tossed into one drawer in the china cabinet. 

FI refuses to open the door because it's so messy. LOL I'm sure he'd be a lot happier if I was more organized.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards