June 2013 Weddings

Dress Shopping!!

I'm going dress shopping today!!! I am so freaking excited. I don't suspect that I will find "The Dress" today but its my very first time even looking. June 15, 2013 will be here before I know it. 

Re: Dress Shopping!!

• Have fun! Don't forget to wear a strapless bra! And you never know, you very well could find The Dress today. I thought it would take me forever, but I found it on the first shop I went to. 

One word of advice: Don't buy anything the first trip. Go home and think about it, then go try on other dresses and if you keep thinking about a specific dress and compare all others to that one-then you know you found it. :) 

Good luck! Can't wait to hear/see pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck!!!  I go in April and I'm excited.  You will have so much fun. 

Can't wait to hear how it went. 
  • Is it normal to do this early? I was going to go in June or July...Now I'm thinking I'm behind!
  • I went shopping Thursday and Friday not expecting to find the dress.......but I did!!!  It's an essene of australi D1181 (http://www.essensedesigns.com/dress-D1181) but the photo on the website does not do it justice.  Here's on of me in it,  I also loved this dress from watters (http://www.watters.com/Product/WtooBrides/18320). It's actually got some sparkle too it, but you can't tell on the webiste. I tried on the essence dress thursday but my mom wasn't with me.  Friday I tried on the waters dress at another shop and liked it, but knew my mom needed to see me in the essence dress, so we were able to get an appointment to go try it on again.  As soon as I put it back on I knew it was the one and my mom loved it too, which made me happy.

• SAW, have fun dress shopping today! That is so exciting. I can't wait to try on dresses for the first time. I just wish my mom lived in-state so she could come with me. 

SB, that is a beautiful dress and you look so happy in it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not going until this summer either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not going til July, so don't worry about being behind. You only need to go between 10-8 months prior.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_dress-shopping-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c98c7a60-f0bd-4f65-9b22-d9fc2f3e9113Post:8d9c0c8c-f81e-439c-874e-06f90edfc8aa">Re: Dress Shopping!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] SB, that is a beautiful dress and you look so happy in it!
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

haha I couldn't stop cheesing once I had it on so I knew it was my dress! 
  • OMG....I found the dress!!! I was not expecting to find something that I loved, but...I did.  Completely forgot to wear a strapless bra :( Oh well....I love it regardless!! My consultant, Crystal was the best! My mom made me try on a huge hideous dress that I hated but I tried it for her. I loved the experience and I'm glad I can mark one thing off my list. AHHHHHH....I FOUND MY DRESS!!!!

Thank you ladies for all the wonderful words! I look forward to reading and watching as we all make this walk down the aisle!

My sis snapped the pic when I wasn't smiling or anything. Excuse the gray bra ladies....lol

• Oh...and it makes me look like I have boobs......I don't! Lmbo!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_dress-shopping-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c98c7a60-f0bd-4f65-9b22-d9fc2f3e9113Post:801ac313-0a39-407b-8e92-1a826af81af4">Re: Dress Shopping!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it normal to do this early? I was going to go in June or July...Now I'm thinking I'm behind!
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

<div>You're not behind, I'm not going until this summer either, ditto a lot of ppl on this board. Bc ppl don't always find The Dress on the first outing and alterations can take a while it's recommended you go dress shopping 8-12 months before the big day.</div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_dress-shopping-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:c98c7a60-f0bd-4f65-9b22-d9fc2f3e9113Post:79c99e5a-a9f4-4761-987e-9e4c6bd10996">Re: Dress Shopping!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG....I found the dress!!! I was not expecting to find something that I loved, but...I did.  Completely forgot to wear a strapless bra :( Oh well....I love it regardless!! My consultant, Crystal was the best! My mom made me try on a huge hideous dress that I hated but I tried it for her. I loved the experience and I'm glad I can mark one thing off my list. AHHHHHH....I FOUND MY DRESS!!!! Thank you ladies for all the wonderful words! I look forward to reading and watching as we all make this walk down the aisle! My sis snapped the pic when I wasn't smiling or anything. Excuse the gray bra ladies....lol
    Posted by SAW2008[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Wow! You look amazing in that dress, gray bra or not. :) It's beautiful! 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow you look great!!!  Love the dress!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thank you ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards