June 2013 Weddings

Outside wedding

Okay so we have our spot picked and are planning and outside wedding.  The hotter it gets here the more I am 2nd guessing myself as to if it is a good idea or not.  Anyone else doing outside and worried about heat?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Outside wedding

• We're doing an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour (hopefully). My date is the 8th and the temperatures were perfect around my date this year but we got rain almost everyday for two weeks around the begining of the month. So I'm more worried about rain than the heat at this point. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is outside in Columbus OH.  I was super worried about rain and now that June has been crazy hot - I'm worried about the heat.  We are going to offer guests water (not sure if mini bottles or just dixie cups yet) and fans...we think!  HAHA our ceremony will be really short though (20ish minutes) so I thought that was enough!  but of course it is at 4:30 so prob the hottest time of the day!!!  Good luck!!!
  • I am also in OH (Dayton Area)  We are doing our programes as fans and the water is a good idea! 
  • Where in the country are you?  I know that I am VERY concerned with the heat, I'm in Arizona, so the temps are soaring through 106 on a daily basis.

Stumpie: I went to college in C-Bus!! Well, Bexley (Capital University).  I miss it so much, particularly German Village and the Short North. 
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_outside-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:daaacffd-1b1a-43b2-9c5c-75b0146d5c0aPost:375a293e-0629-4c5b-a42b-6969daa9c4ab">Re: Outside wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also in OH (Dayton Area)  We are doing our programes as fans and the water is a good idea! 
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

I just saw this post.  I think that you shouldn't be too bad off in that area of the country.  It'l be beautiful with all the flowers in bloom and everything in it's greenery.  Will you be having the reception inside?  If not, I agree with PP about waters.
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I agree water would be a definate must.  Im in Louisville and temps have been in the high 80s to mid 90s for most of the month so far and suppose to get up in the 100s starting tomorrow.  Uugh.
    Are you going to have tents up or under a pavalion?  Out of the sun would be ideal and plus it helps if it does start to rain.  If you are in a pavalion ask the vendor about cooling solutions that they allow.  If there will be a tent up maybe you can get fan attachments to put on the posts or find a way to hang them

• We're doing everything outside (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception). We have a tent, so we've got the rain plan covered. As far as the heat (the temps here are pretty much the same as in OH), we're doing fan-style programs and drink dispensers with lemonade, water, and iced tea set up for before the ceremony. I'm also assuming that our guests will have the common sense to not wear black winter weight suits or anything. We went to a wedding this past weekend and it was indoors, and you know what? Even with air conditioning, everyone was sweating their a$$es off from dancing around and stuff. I've been to a couple outdoor weddings where it was really hot (97 degrees and 106 degrees), and I think as long as you have plenty of cold beverages for people, and a tent to provide some shade, you're okay.
  • We're having an outside ceremony and cocktail hour. The cocktail hour has an indoor back up space in case of bad or uncomfortable weather. The ceremony space has a tent. Spring and even early summer in NY is pretty unpredictable. I mean, we had 90 degree weather in March this year followed by a week of hard frost. Usually we still have like three feet of snow on the ground then. And our June this year has been quite mild up until the past week. So I have no idea what to expect. Our ceremony space also happens to be taking place just behind the hotel where our reception is being held. So if people are really dying they can walk the ten feet to go inside. 

If your ceremony is relatively short I would say it's probably not a huge deal if it's hot. Especially if you offer drinks and fan style programs. You can be crazy like some of us previously admitted to and going onto the Farmers Almanac and looking up the past 20 or so years of weather that happened in your location on your date and get a general sense of what you might experience. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • After having 80 degree days in MARCH this year.. I am definitely worried the even June 1st might be too hot..We went out to our venue on the same weekend this year that we will have it next year, and it was gorgeous out, so I'm not too worried about it.. but we do have inside back up plans incase mother nature is tempermental that day
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cnhelbertcnhelbert member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    We are having a very short outdoor ceremony (20ish minutes). I live in IN and this year the heat has been ridiculous so I'm really hoping that it's not any worse than this next year. We are not allowed to set up a tent but I plan on making my programs into fans for all the guests and providing bottled water and maybe having a lemonade stand for all the guests who arrive early and have to sit outside for a long time. I don't really have an inside plan and honestly if it rains I will get married outside under an umbrella.
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a short outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, but we have a tent so I'm hoping it helps to protect from the heat or rain. We are not doing programs, but I love the beverage dispenser idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours is outdoors in Ault Park in Cincinnati. We are doing a short ceremony at 6:30 p.m. and then the venue is mostly outside, but there are two attached aircoditioned parts of the building where the bar and the food will be so I am hoping if it is really bad guests can get a relief in there. The restrooms are also in the aircoditioning. I think we are going to do fans as well. But, it is also on top of a hill, so I am crossing my fingers that there will be a breeze up there as well. 

Stumpie: I live in CBus...Short North area. Where are you getting married? I'm an OSU grad. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married outside.  It's in a state park outside of Philly.  The only indoor option for the ceremony is the same ballroom as my reception, so I hope I won't have to do that!  If it rains I'll just have to do it inside, but if it's hot out it will still be outside.  June 1st was actually pretty chilly here, so I'm hoping that we won't have a heat wave next year!  I'll be doing programs that are fans, and having some water for everyone before the ceremony.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_outside-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:daaacffd-1b1a-43b2-9c5c-75b0146d5c0aPost:eee8ac80-5315-4f10-ba55-71ea5dd30d43">Re: Outside wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where in the country are you?  I know that I am VERY concerned with the heat, I'm in Arizona, so the temps are soaring through 106 on a daily basis. Stumpie: I went to college in C-Bus!! Well, Bexley (Capital University).  I miss it so much, particularly German Village and the Short North. 
    Posted by NikishaMcFall[/QUOTE]

I know right where that is one of my BFFs went to Capital! 
  • @Nik - ohhhhh I love columbus!  I lived in German Village for a few years now we live in Grandview - it was just more reasonable to buy but I miss German Village! 

@wright - we are getting married at McFerson Commons...under the arch - across from Nationwide Arena.  we got engaged there and absolutely love it!  I hope that the weather stays dry and a little cooler than this weekend!!  the reception is at Huntington Park.  in the club level behind home plate...I'm really excited!  FI is a huge baseball fan (of the reds though) and when he found out they host receptions...that was it!  HAHA your getting married in Cincy?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards