June 2013 Weddings

Where is your wedding?

I thought it would be fun to get some more activity on this board by the following question:

What state (or country) is your wedding in?  Are you having an indoor or outdoor ceremony? 

Chat away....who doesn't love talking about theirwedding, right? :)

Re: Where is your wedding?

• My wedding is in Michigan (metro detroit area) and we are having an outdoor ceremony, in a park at a gazebo, our reception venue is literally almost in walking distance. I really hope it doesnt rain, but if it does I am ok with the backup option. I dont love it but I do like it. everyone else?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sweet!! I suppose we all will have solo much more to talk about in a few months when it gets closer to the 1 year mark for us all, but yes! In the mean time we need some conversation starters! My wedding will be in La Crosse, WI. FI wants to have an outdoor ceremony, but that makes me nervous! I don't like things to be up in the air, especially when it's contingent on the weather. We'll see what we decide!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mine is in Indianapolis, IN. The ceremony is at the Indiana State House and our reception is at Primo Banquet hall! We are having an indoor wedding because I can't control the weather lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are still contacting vendors but we believe we have it narrowed down to two.  We both live in Nebraska but would like to have a small wedding with our closest family and friends at the Lake of the Ozarks.  FI and I absolutely love this place and it means so much to us.  He even proposed to me there last summer.  We're looking at having an outdoor ceremony right next to the water and then having an indoor reception overlooking the water.  We are then planning on having a big reception back in Nebraska a week or two later (We'll see what vendors are available for what.) 

Don't be nervous about the outdoor ceremony - As long as you have a backup location in case of bad weather, you'll be golden!  :)
  • I'm a Michigan bride too! Our wedding is just outside of Battle Creek, MI. It will be on FI's grandparent's 200 acre farm. Outdoor ceremony w/ a tent reception. We have a back-up plan of using the tractor barn (think "showroom" and not barn...because that's more what it's like since they're antique tractors) if the weather is terrible.

This is wedding #2 for both of us, so we're both excited to celebrate with all of our family and friends!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We'll be getting married in New Haven, CT, at the New Haven Lawn Club. Everything is indoors, really awesome art deco details, and (FI is most excited about this) it's across the street from the Yale Peabody Museum's big ole dinosaur statue (tricerytops I believe?).
    @Emmy - do you have rain plans? i'd be nervous for everything to be outdoors too!
    Photobucket
  • We are getting married in Frederick, Maryland at a beautiful place called Shade Trees and Evergreens, the reception will be at the same place.  It's an outdoor venue, the ceremony is down by a pond, and the reception is covered by a pavillion, the ceiling is clear so if it's a sunny day, the light will just shine through.  If the weather is uncooperative, everything will take place under the pavillion, which is an acceptable option, but I really hope we won't have to do that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel all alone up here in the Northeast!

Our wedding will be an outdoor tented wedding in the heart of one of the most beautiful towns here in Rhode Island. It is called Newport Yachting Center. Our Venue is Right on the water, sail boats all around! I knew it was "the one" when after we met with the coordinator for the first time Fi started talking about how much HE liked it before we got to the car!! The tent is beautful, the ceiling drapes, and has nice chandeliers hanging. I love it! If it rains, we'll just move the Ceremony Inside the tent, which i dont mind, because of the pictures i have seen they do a great job of setting up the inside of the tent for the ceremony!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You're not alone in NE, Amanda!

I'm getting married in Boston, MA at the Museum of Science in the Washburn Pavillion.

http://www.justinmarantz.com/index.cfm?postID=1182
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The plan as of now is St. Louis, Missouri, where FI is from. We have more people from that area than home so we want to just do it there. If I had to pick venues right now, I would say the Botanical Gardens for the ceremony and... well I have no idea for the reception. We have an appointment this weekend to look at one, and I'm really excited about it! However, we aren't allowed to sign any contracts until we talk with our parents (who are helping us a lot financially).

My mom really wants us to get married in southern Illinois, where I'm from and where we're going to live, but we've kind of already decided on St. Louis unless we get a hugely amazing deal on a place back home. We'll have to wait and see.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are getting married in Grand Haven, MI.  It is the town where I grew up and right on Lake Michigan--so out of town guests should have a great time going to the beach and doing other touristy things in June!  Our ceremony is at St. John's Episcopal Church downtown--it is the oldest church in town and really pretty--plus I have gone there since I was little.  Our reception is across the street at the community center, which sounds terrible but it was redone in 2007 and looks great PLUS we can pick our own caterer instead of being stuck with the catering at a golf club or banquet center.  We want to do some interesting things with food so it was really important to us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married in the Toledo, Ohio area. Our wedding will be at a church in Perrysburg a small town outside of Toledo where we live. And our reception will be at Bowling Green State University in the ballroom in the student union. We both attended college there and the campus is very pretty. I think it will give off an awesome party atmosphere!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:e40f3cc6-8809-4422-8577-80ed67435a04Post:833c64dc-f268-4b3e-bcb1-dcd23ff14c4e">Re: Where is your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The plan as of now is St. Louis, Missouri, where FI is from. We have more people from that area than home so we want to just do it there. If I had to pick venues right now, I would say the Botanical Gardens for the ceremony and... well I have no idea for the reception. We have an appointment this weekend to look at one, and I'm really excited about it! However, we aren't allowed to sign any contracts until we talk with our parents (who are helping us a lot financially). My mom really wants us to get married in southern Illinois, where I'm from and where we're going to live, but we've kind of already decided on St. Louis unless we get a hugely amazing deal on a place back home. We'll have to wait and see.
    Posted by blferguson1s[/QUOTE]

oooOOO, St. Louis!  That is close to the Lake of the Ozarks.  Have you even been?  It will be a destination wedding for us.  We are looking at two different venues in about a month. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:e40f3cc6-8809-4422-8577-80ed67435a04Post:d1eecddf-4f37-493a-af1b-1cfaddb41bf2">Re: Where is your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is your wedding? : oooOOO, St. Louis!  That is close to the Lake of the Ozarks.  Have you even been?  It will be a destination wedding for us.  We are looking at two different venues in about a month. 
    Posted by steph4nu[/QUOTE]

I haven't, but I'm pretty sure my fiance has. I want him to take me there for a weekend trip eventually. I've heard nothing but great things about it. :)
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:e40f3cc6-8809-4422-8577-80ed67435a04Post:aa4a4a8e-a576-40a6-a1cc-a540387d1371">Re: Where is your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're not alone in NE, Amanda! I'm getting married in Boston, MA at the Museum of Science in the Washburn Pavillion. <a href="http://www.justinmarantz.com/index.cfm?postID=1182" rel="nofollow">http://www.justinmarantz.com/index.cfm?postID=1182</a>
    Posted by lodonnell616[/QUOTE]

Oh Yay!!
    so beautiful!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hello Ladies.  My wedding is going to be at the Newport Aquarium in Newport, Kentucky.  It is right across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio.  We will be getting married inside overlooking the river and skyline.  Can't wait. 
  • We are planning on getting married at a garden center in between Cleveland and Columbus. The ceremony will be outside(I'm a bit nervous about this, it's Ohio you can never predict the weather) but the reception will be in the greenhouse. Only major issue is they are taking any 2013 reservations until at least April so we can't really do any planning until then.

• We are getting married in the Dallas Texas area. The venues we are looking at are in McKinney and Allen texas both are in North Dallas. I'm unable to book my venue the one i really want I have to wail until April to book it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I live in the LA area but can't decide between Malibu and Santa Barbara. Logistics would be easier in Malibu but I'm finding more venues I like in the Santa Barbara/Montecito area. Decisions... decisions....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards