June 2013 Weddings

C & V Thursday

I know you've got 'em, so let's hear your confessions and vents!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• C- It is such a beautiful day outside, I wish FI and I could stay home from work and enjoy it.

V- My vent is in regards to the thread I posted last night (Ummm this could be an issue) <--that's the title. I am aggrivated that 1) When my EXACT website URL is typed into google, the link to my website does not actually display at all in the search results. I e-mailed TK about it, still waiting for a response. 2) that if people type my website URL into google, it links to this June 2013 board because 2 times I posted what my website was, in the roll call sticky and in another post about websites. I deleted both posts, but it still comes up in the search even though the post itself is gone. 3) When people click this google search results, they can proceed to read all of our threads. So they see that I'm part of this group/blog, but then they don't ever actually see my website or get any of the relevent information for the wedding.

I know this is technically my 2nd time talking aboutt his, but I am sooooo frustrated and aggrivated. I made the website so people would have information, but anyone who types the URL into google and not into the URL bar at the top of the computer will not actually see the website. I hope TK gets their stuff together and can fix this for me. :( I honestly always type websites into the bar at the top, not into google, but I don't know what the majority of people do.

Anyway, I suggest you guys google your website addresses and see what happens.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Confession: I've been pretty down the past couple of days. On Monday morning I received a call from my doctor with test results from minor surgery I had two weeks ago. Without going into all of the icky-squickies, they found out that I have a chronic condition that I have shown no symptoms of having, and it was only discovered by chance when they ran all of the tests on me the other week. I've been extremely lucky, I guess, because I'm already taking the medication used to treat it (which is probably why I haven't had any symptoms), and I'm in good health overall, which helps to mitigate symptoms, so right now my case is considered to be fairly mild and under control. BUT...I'm still trying to wrap my head around this news, and I've generally been a depressed mess the last couple days. Thank goodness for my finace, who has been gamely putting up with me doing stuff like crying while making dinner. I keep trying to remind myself that it could be worse, I could have a more severe case, that it could be something life-threathening (fortunately, what I have isn't), but it's just a huge shock especially since I've always been in pretty good health.

Anyways, sorry for the Debbie Downer post. Now I'll vent (and this is a repeat vent, so forgive me):
    I cannot wait until my sister's wedding is over. I don't know how many more screaming/crying/crazy phone calls I can take from her (and it's not just me, she's doing it to our other sisters and our parents). 99% of the issues she's dealing with stem from a lack of personal responsibilty on her and her fiance's part. On the upside, I'm trying use it as a lesson for things NOT to do as we get closer to our wedding date.
  • rmp, I don't blame you a bit for being annoyed with the website situation! I hope TK will address it soon for you.

C - I'm jealous of my 18 yo getting to go to college. Don't get me wrong, I want this for him as bad (if not more, knowing how hard life can be without a decent education!) as he wants it for himself. I'm so very proud of him. I just wish I could go back myself. In high school (back in the 80s for me), I worked hard to have decent grades to get into a good college to major in pre-veterinary medicine. My studies were going well, but I developed a rather severe allergy to anything with fur. I had only completed 3 semesters, so it's not like I couldn't have changed majors, but after planning that course since middle school, I was thrown for a major loop. I didn't return to college, got married, and went to beauty school (the only other profession I could think of that I'd enjoy doing). Here I am, one baby, a divorce, another marriage, and 3 more babies later, and I wish I could go back. I'd love to get an English major. Maybe when the kids are older, I'll do it. Right now, though, I'm dealing with the green monster of jealousy.

V -  TK is seriously considering forming a Vow Renewal board for the community. Knot Lili has asked me to encourage people to PM her if they are interested or think it would be a good idea. I am doing that, but I have a funny feeling that many ladies who have vented and complained with me just won't take the time to do it! Grrrrr ....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • C-  i am so scared to plan my wedding! I have no clue what I am doing and I am scared that I am going to forget something important and/or mess it up! but I am so glad that I found this group! Everyone on here has been great so far and I feel like I now have friends who is also going thru planning a wedding in June 2013 and who can help me :) 

V- The feeling of planning a wedding is so overwhelming! I dont know if its because I only have 9 months or if no matter how much time I had, I would still feel this way!  I have been in 24/7 wedding planning mode since last week and I am going crazy! Its like I scared to book anything in the fear that after I book it I might might something better, but when it comes down to it, I dont have much time to be doing this! I also was thinking about pushing my wedding back till August 14 but FI doesnt wanna wait that long and my family has another wedding in October of 13! Its just so much and my head is spinning!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession:  I can run 3.1 miles in almost 30 minutes.  I do it at least once or twice a week.  But I am so scared to sign up for a 5K!  I found a few that I think would be fun to run, but I just can't pull the trigger.  What if I can't finish on race day?  Or what if I'm the only person who gets all gross and sweaty?  I just don't want to embarrass myself I guess.  I've never really been the athletic type, so I'm just afraid of putting myself out there in front of all those people who are in better shape than I am!  I know this is the stupidest confession ever, but I just had to get it out.

Vent:  I am getting SO SICK of living/working in Philly!  Don't get me wrong, I love this city sometimes (especially Wawa and the Flyers).  But lately all i seem to do is sit in horrible traffic, and it's smelly and gross and dirty.  And I keep having to deal with stupid ignorant people.  My job causes me to drive around a lot, and I have to train my students on how to take public transportation, so I guess I just keep getting put into these situations that annoy me.  But my fiance and I are seriously thinking about moving somewhere else after we get married.  We always vacation in Maine, and we're thinking about looking into living in Portland.  We're big on nature, and Philly doesn't have much of that.  We think a change of scenery might be really nice.  Has anyone ever made a huge move like that?
  • emily, I hope everything turns out ok. Thinking of you!

Confession: 1.) Now that word is out that I was one of the people being laid off everyone is coming up to me to tell me how sorry they are that I got cut. As much as I appreciate everyone's really kind words it's starting to make me feel really awkward especially since I haven't worked with/talked to most of the people that come up to me. 2.) I've kind of checked out already. Even though I still have 2 weeks, I don't have a busy week this week or next week and I have almost given up. I spent all 8 hours Tue looking for a new job, was out yesterday for a doctor's appointment and don't have many productive plans for today. 

Vent: As I said on fb Monday I found out I'm getting laid off but my company has given me 3 weeks notice and everyone here is being so supportive and sending my resume out to their contacts and trying to help me find something. My boss even went over my resume to help me fix it up and make it better. Even though everyone has been so great I'm still upset/angry that I'm being laid off bc of budget cuts that are only happening now because there was a lot of overspending in the 1st 2 quarters and now the company needs to cut out $5 million.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Emily, I totally feel you!I found out a few months ago I have chronic eye condition that causes my corneas to deteriorate and eventually I'll require a partial eye transplant to keep my vision. Since it's manageable right now though, when I freaked out no one cared. I was all like "UH hullo, my eyeballs are disintegrating out of my head, can you be a little sympathetic!?" At least your FI is being amazing about it. 

Kplus, just do it! A 5k is a short enough that there will people way worse off than you, I promise. Everyone will be sweaty and gross and when you run a race, your adrenaline kicks in and it will get you over the finish line, I promise. Just bite the bullet and do it! That's what I did this year with my triathlon and I'm so glad I did. You will be too!

Confession: I've been doing grad school work at work instead of being productive, and I plan do continue doing that. I have my Masters Comps next week and my national credentialing exam next month plus my class for this semester, so I really am trying to take advantage of my down time at work. I feel it's more beneficial than just being on TK all day, haha. 

No vent really today. Just anxiously awaiting my lovely three day weekend!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • heatherk2489heatherk2489 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Confession: I think I am giving up on exercising, no matter what I do it doesn't help. 
    I eat better, exercise, still nothing. :/

Vent: (confessions related): Fi and I started INSANITY, I was doing good, I felt like I was getting tighter all around, then my knee decided it was gonna swell up. Apparently I have fluid on it, and it's not getting better on it's own. It's upsetting because I was feeling so good about it. I guess I just can't exercise like a regular person :/

Emily, I am so sorry and I hope that everything is going to be ok! 

Bar, I really really hope you can find a job soon. I also wish you luck for dealing with the awkwardness of random people apologizing to you, I can imagine the situation is uncomfortable enough without that. 

Cnf, good luck with your exams!

KplusA, do it! Just do it, don't doubt yourself, and you are definitely not going to be the only sweaty one I am sure. Plus if you don't do it you will never know if you can finish it or not. 

Rmp, I am sorry you are having those problems. I don't even wanna do a wedding website, you are helping me feel better about not doing one. 

Julie, good luck with the vow renewal board, not that we don't like you here but that would be really good. I don't know why they don't have one already. They are really popular these days.

June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all of the postive thoughts, ladies.

Heather, have you tried a more low impact workout? I have a bum knee too, so certain things are off the table. I do a lot of yoga and biking to stay in shape, and lately, I've been taking a ballet class once a week. Swimming is also supposed to be fantastic if you have knee problems.
  • Emily, I hope everything turns out ok!

Vent: We had a publication done for our department, and somewhere along the way one of the phone numbers in it got screwed up. So my boss, my co-worker and I had to stay in the office until 1 a.m. Tuesday night putting on stickers with the correct phone number. I am still exhausted from it, I planned on going to bed early last night but my brother who is visiting came over for dinner, so that didn't happen. 

Confession: I know I should go to bed early tonight, but I'll probably stay up watching my DVR'ed shows and then end up being all tired and grumpy again tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vent: FI has not taken care of mowing the lawn in the past two/three weeks. The lawn is a MESS and people keep leaving lawn care ads in our mailbox as a hint. One that FI can't seem to take. We don't have a lawn mower, we usually borrow one from my FFIL. I have asked FI SEVERAL times to mow the lawn and I have asked him countless times to just buy a mower or to find us a decent used one.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: Really wanted tomorrow off so I could watch the backstreet boys on Good Morning America. But thank a good man who invent DVR!

Vent: Smashed my finger today it hurts and had to walk home in 95 degree heat. Grrr!

• Confession: I've been kind of witchy to FI this week because I haven't been feeling well.  He's been an angel about it.

(TMI) Vent: I'm so mad at myself.  I didn't take care of myself and now I have a bladder infection.  This is what comes from being a "just one more thing" person and feeling guilty every time I have to leave the front desk to go use the restroom...GRRRRRRRR.  Lesson learned, I'll behave and take care of myself from now on.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confessions- today if FIs birthday, and I didn't go all out like I usually do. This year I gave him 200 bucks towards his computer but that makes it so boring now... I got him a card and his favorite gum but like, no big fun present or anything. Def not doing this next year. Vent- FI caught fleas. Yes, like the kind dogs do... He works on telephones and goes into people's homes to fix their phone and data lines and apparently one persons house was majorly infested. He got into his van, noticed he was itching and lifted his shirt to find dozens of fleas all over him! He ended up getting badly bit, sprayed himself with bug spray a bunch and changed his shirt but some were still on him. He got off work to come home and of course they then got in his truck, I refused to let him close to me and flew home to address the issue because he def was not getting into our apartment lol. So I made him strip butt naked outside, got him some shorts and he checked to make sure they were all off and bee lined for the shower. We had to go spend like 50 bucks on fleas spray and bomb his truck, his clothes and boots before washing the clothes and freezing his boots in the freezer. It was crazy trying to figure out how to kill these suckers and get them off everything without bringing them inside. And well, now betas itchy bites all over him and wore frozen boots and had to bomb his work van on his birthday...
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:e6342b22-1847-401c-9042-a974c8fd190dPost:32ee59b2-f4fa-4042-aeab-92c00b3274ed">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confessions- today if FIs birthday, and I didn't go all out like I usually do. This year I gave him 200 bucks towards his computer but that makes it so boring now... I got him a card and his favorite gum but like, no big fun present or anything. Def not doing this next year. Vent- FI caught fleas. Yes, like the kind dogs do... He works on telephones and goes into people's homes to fix their phone and data lines and apparently one persons house was majorly infested. He got into his van, noticed he was itching and lifted his shirt to find dozens of fleas all over him! He ended up getting badly bit, sprayed himself with bug spray a bunch and changed his shirt but some were still on him. He got off work to come home and of course they then got in his truck, I refused to let him close to me and flew home to address the issue because he def was not getting into our apartment lol. So I made him strip butt naked outside, got him some shorts and he checked to make sure they were all off and bee lined for the shower. We had to go spend like 50 bucks on fleas spray and bomb his truck, his clothes and boots before washing the clothes and freezing his boots in the freezer. It was crazy trying to figure out how to kill these suckers and get them off everything without bringing them inside. And well, now betas itchy bites all over him and wore frozen boots and had to bomb his work van on his birthday...
    Posted by ashlidie[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Ugh that is the worst!  My dog got fleas once (I think I brought them in the house because she doesn't go outside ever) and it was so terrifying trying to figure out how to kill them and prevent them from spreading.  I think you guys are doing everything right!  It sucks that happened on his birthday though  : (   I hope he feels better soon!

</div>
  • C -- I roller skate (Derby Lite -- check it out online, it's awesome) and I have really bad shin issues.  My doctor told me to take time off and head to physical therapy today.  Lame.
    V -- I can't decide if I want to go all in and work on my grad school applications for next year, or wait another year to be more financially set.  It's driving me nuts because I like to have a plan, and try as I might, I'm just struggling to make this decision.

Happy stuff?  My venue contract came in and my catering contract was sent today!  Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards