June 2013 Weddings
Options

Save the Dates!

I have a (probably stupid) question about Save the Dates.  We are getting engagement pictures done next week and obviously our wedding will be next June.  Because we are sending out Save the Dates during the fall, will it be weird to be dressed really summer-y??

Also, do you think we should bring a more formal outfit?  As of now, I am thinking FI in a plaid shirt and some khaki shorts and me in a summer dress. 
June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Dates!

• Options
    I think that since you are having a summer wedding, a summer save the date fits perfectly!!!!! And I think that you should wear whatever you guys feel most comfortable in, because you want your e-shoot pics to look natural. Where are you doing your shoot? Because if you are going to be in a park or something like that, formal clothing might seem out of place.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    I think it will probably be outside.  They want to try some evening/night time photographs with us which is exciting!
    June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
  • Options
    I think it's totally fine to have summer clothiing! And as far as outfits go, I think it's up to you guys - I know some people bring a change of clothes so that they can have both the formal looking pictures and the casual once. I think we will be just doing casual pictures, since our session will be in a park.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:e6c74af5-7e64-4278-b08c-1b7e251824abPost:ac6e2099-cbc3-4354-bb12-2b5cbe31262b">Re: Save the Dates!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our session is in a park, and I'm bringing a tank, jeans, wedges and a sweater, and a sundress and same sweater as above.  FI wants me to pick out an outfit, so we'll probably do a polo and khaki shorts, and jeans and a polo for him.  He wears the same thing basically every day (very simple style, men have lol), so there's not much to pick out. Which leads me to my little threadjack question:  Would you think it's weird if in both of my outfits, I wore the same white cardi?  I don't want to wear a jean jacket with my sundress, as I just don't like the look in pictures (just NMS).  I'm kind of at a loss. But these pictures will go on our save the dates, and we won't send them out until late winter.
    Posted by mrskaiser22[/QUOTE]

First of all, I love cardigans!  Can't get enough of them :)  I don't think people will even notice that you have the same cardi on...especially if it's with two different outfits.  It would be different if it was like a red tanktop and then a red dress ya know? 

And also, my FI is the same way.  I always have to dress him!
    June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
  • Options
    We're going to do ours in August, which in NY is the most terrible month as far as heat and humidity. So we'll be all summered up. It'll be fine. Don't worry too much about it.

MrsK. Totally rock it for both. I wouldn't think anything of it if I was looking at your pictures.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

P.S. Mrs. K., I'm now following you on Pinterest and it weirds me out how similiar our wedding ideas are!

June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
  • Options
    We just did our engagment pics last week. We did some indoor and also some outdoor. So, for our indoor ones we did more 'formal'(both of us in black shirts and dark jeans). Then for our outdoor ones I had a couple different dresses and then a t-shirt with a couple different scarves. Definitely where whatever you're comfortable in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards