June 2013 Weddings
Options

Anniversaries

So, FI and I will be celebrating our 8 years anniversary this August. We have always celebrated our year anniversary, either with dinner, or a trip, or a small gift. But now that we are getting married June 29th, we will have a different anniversary to celebrate, our wedding anniversary. Are you ladies going to continue to celebrate both? Or once you get married, will you just celebrate your wedding anniversary? I feel sad thinking this will be our last August "anniversary" that we like, really celebrate. But FI thinks we will just celebrate for our wedding anniversary. What about all of you?
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Anniversaries

• Options
    I haven't really thought about it.. I would definitely have to talk with the FI about this, but I would assume since our dating ann. is in jan and is closely followed by his bday and vday that we would just celebrate the wedding anniversary and um.. declutter the begining of the year? Idk if that is the right word for it lol
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I don't celebrate our anniversary at all, but we will more than likely do something on our wedding anniversary.

• Options

Our current anniversary is June 10th, and since our wedding anniversary will be a week and a half after that, we probably won't do anything other than maybe remind each other on the 10th that that was when it all started.

Although this past June 10th, we both COMPLETELY forgot that it was our anniversary, and didn't remember until the end of the day on the 11th. Whoops!!

• Options
    We don't have a specific date that we made our relationship official. It's just "the beginning-ish of August" and we don't celebrate it at all really. We will celebrate our wedding anniversary though.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We'll probably stop celebrating our dating anniversary and instead probably just remind each other like hey x years ago we started dating. We'll definitely celebrate our wedding anniversary though. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_anniversaries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ea1f56e1-9e5b-4e27-b78b-33f9dbac48d7Post:606daf66-3cfd-469e-96a5-77622ab289a6">Re: Anniversaries</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't really thought about it.. I would definitely have to talk with the FI about this, but I would assume since our dating ann. is in jan and is closely followed by his bday and vday that we would just celebrate the wedding anniversary and um.. declutter the begining of the year? Idk if that is the right word for it lol
    Posted by n3rdl3t[/QUOTE]

That's us too.  We started dating in November, 2 days before his birthday and my birthday is 2 weeks later.  Between our birthdays, all 4 nieces and nephews birthdays and Christmas, it got expensive real fast.  So this year we'll celebrate our last dating anniversary.  It's another reason why we chose June!
  • Options
    In February we will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary. We have talked about what we will do and we think we will probably still "celebrate" our dating anniversary, with something small like dinner and a movie. My parents have been married 25 years and they still go out on their dating anniversary.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_anniversaries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ea1f56e1-9e5b-4e27-b78b-33f9dbac48d7Post:6b0bd6a2-165d-4726-8f12-8f2bb328be5e">Re:Anniversaries</a>:
    [QUOTE]In February we will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary. We have talked about what we will do and we think we will probably still "celebrate" our dating anniversary, with something small like dinner and a movie. <strong>My parents have been married 25 years and they still go out on their dating anniversary.
    </strong>Posted by lauraprevost[/QUOTE]

That's adorable.
  • Options
    Laura, that is seriously the cutest thing ever. FI and I will have been together for 5 years this November. I would like to still keep celebrating it, but thats something I will have to talk to FI about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I really don't know. Our dating anniversary is May 5, and our wedding anniversary will be June 8. So they're close but not super close. I'll probably still try to make a big deal out of it, but if anything, we'll keep it small.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our dating anniversary is in March, and so are our daughter's and FI's birthdays, so that has been a lot of celebrations for one month, so we'll probably just stick with celebrating our wedding anniversary once we get married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards