Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

searching for shoes and some checks

hi ladies! i feel like that in-between lull is ending and its time to get things done now that we are approaching the 3 month mark!

we finally decided on invites and as afraid as i was to do this, we purchased a design from etsy and are going to print them ourselves! we're planning to use cardsandpockets.com, just waiting on the swatches which are probably in my mailbox right now so we can choose colors and paper and get everything ordered. 

i also purchsed a design with the pittsburgh skyline for water bottle labels so we can wrap bottles for our out of town guest bags. PS the 0.5L bottles are on sale at giant eagle right now and it comes to a little over $0.10/bottle if any of you need to buy!

my first fitting is scheduled for aug 16! i am nervous because i wanted to lose some more weight (dont worry i ordered the dress in the size i was at the time!) so it will fit i just hoped it would need to be smaller. there is still time i guess! so on that note i should probably have the shoes i plan to wear so it can be hemmed. i have bought so many pairs and then returned them because i just havent found anything i like! i realized i need about a 3-inch heel so i'm not taller than FI.  our colors are eggplant (from Alfred angelo) and gold (metallic). i feel like i can wear any color i want though. so anyway if anyone has shoes they LOVE and/or can recommend i would love the help. ive been looking on zappos, endless, 6pm, macys, etc. just havent found "the ones". i had such an easier time with my dress, it was the first one i tried on!

anyway sorry for the novel, just wanted to celebrate my checks a little.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: searching for shoes and some checks

• Options
    CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Congrats! That is so exciting! Don't overthink the shoes, you really won't see them that much. I splurged for my Badgley Mischka heels though, so I can't really say much. haha! The Pittsburgh skyline water bottle labels sound cute, did you find those on Etsy too? I'd love to check them out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the checks! For shoes, maybe you can check Aldo or Nina Shoes websites? Good luck!
  • Options
    Ditto on the shoe thing with no one really seeing them.  I actually could not find any shoes I liked, so I wore a pair of black heels I already owned - already broken in = less pain.  After the ceremony and formal pictures, I slipped into my trusty Nikes. 
  • Options
    Go to DSW; they have some beautiful shoes that are about that height.  I had to keep mine under 2.5 inches and I found a pair on zappos.com but man, did I fall for a pair at DSW.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Let us know how the printable invitations from Etsy turn out! I was thinking of going that route for our STD and I am interested in hearing a first hand experience! I agree with you on the shoes, I cannot find a pair I like either, but lucky for me I have a ton of time left, haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can't be of much help - I am wearing Coverse, lol. But DSW is a great store, if you are on a budget check out Shoe Carnival.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    the skyline labels for the water bottles sounds super cute, where did you get them?

i havent found any shoes i like yet either! i saw some nice badgley mischkas (sp??) but i really want something with a little platform to help with comfort. i also want a pink color, but the only ones i have found are either hot pink or too pastel for me. i've also looked at the same places you have,  good luck!!
  • Options
    thanks everyone!

i got the water bottle labels from etsy - http://www.etsy.com/listing/63486283/city-skyline-printable-water-bottle

if you look through the shop you can see the pittsburgh skyline design. its awesome bc it has bridges in it as well as the main buildings we think of. the turnaround time was super fast too. at first i planned to order the stickers to put on the OOT bags but i think we are going to have to make so many bags its cheaper for us to print the bottle labels.

lilywater-i think i am going to go with that and wear something i own already as well! i toyed with the idea before but i think it makes the most sense and i can spend that money elsewhere.

i have a pair of blue suede heels that i love and i bought a pair of matching brooches online today that i am going to make into shoe clips to dress them up. i know there are a ton on etsy but i couldnt find any i liked that were reasonably priced. i didnt want to spend />$30 on shoe clips when a new pair of actual shoes could be just a little more than that. so the total for the brooches was $15. hope that works out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards