June 2013 Weddings

TGIF!!

Whoo-hoo, it's Friday and it's a holiday weekend!! Anyone have any big plans this weekend?

Re: TGIF!!

• And my last day on campus before I go to my internship, nervous, and bittersweet I will miss the guys in my lab.

This weekend I have 2 cookouts and at least one trip onto the bay with FIs parents/brother (they both have boats, not sure which one we will end up on).  I think we officially have no plans for Monday, which is just awesome for me.  I have a cousin overseas though (I am also seeing his gf tomorrow to hang out) and he will be on my mind this weekend, as well as my family members who have already served.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm only working until 11:30 today so I am counting down! Tonight FI and I are going to the Red Sox game. For any of you Boston ladies we ended up buying "bud deck standing room" tickets a couple years ago and LOVED IT! It's my favorite place in the whole stadium! They have private bathrooms, a private bar, and they are at the top back of the stadium! Plus it doesn't hurt that they usually play fun music up there! The rest of the weekend I plan on spending at the beach and we have a cookout on Sunday for FI's dad's birthday and retirement!

June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just got an email at work that the office is closing at 2!  Makes the day so much better.  We are going down to Cape Cod, where FI's family has a house, for the long weekend.  Should be a lot of fun.  Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend!
  • We don't have a whole lot of anything planned and I love it! Sunday we're going to try to have a BBQ but I think I heard it might rain Sunday :( So Saturday will probably be a spring cleaning day and maybe Monday will be a day to take an adventure with our dog. 
  • Ash, good luck with the internship!!

Kelly, we went to Boston last year on vacation, and my fiance wanted to go to a Red Sox game so badly, but we couldn't get tickets...here in Pittsburgh, you can walk up to a Pirates game 5 minutes before the first pitch and get really good seats, since not many people go to the games because they're pretty awful. We didn't consider the fact that it might be harder to get tickets for a team that hasn't had 19 straight losing seasons in a row, haha.

We were supposed to visit friends in West Virginia tomorrow evening and stay overnight, but my fiance is coaching his track team at the state championships this weekend, and he won't be back until late tomorrow, so we're just hanging around here this weekend. I"m going to call it a day and shut down my computer around 2:00 today, and then I made plans to grab beers with friends later on tonight. It's supposed to be really nice tomorrow, so I'm thinking about hitting one of the trails around here with my bike, or seeing if I can talk a friend into going kayaking. We've also got a cookout on Sunday to go to, but other than that, it's going to be a pretty relaxing weekend.

• Hoping to get out of work earlier as well! We are going to a cookout tomorrow night, and we are getting our e-pics done on Sunday (as long as it doesn't rain). Other then that I'm just excited that FI has Monday off (he usually works holidays) so one more day for us to hang together.

Kelly - thanks for the tip about the Red Sox games, I like to surprise my FI with tickets once in a while, but since I'm not from around here I'm always at loss what section to get the tickets for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Emily- Maybe thats why we love our football teams so much!  The Orioles usually are absolutely horrible, but this year out of the blue they are doing really well.  They haven't had a winning season in like 10 years or more.  I don't even pay attention anymore since Cal Ripken left.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thank God it's Friday. I'm ready to go batsh!t crazy if this week doesn't end soon.

We have friends coming over for the weekend. We're going to grill out, play horseshoes/kan jam/badminton in our back yard with everyone all weekend. Then FI and I both have Monday off, so it won't feel like we spent the whole week entertaining people.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It sounds like for the most part everyone is having such fun weekend! Mine is so lame. Tonight I work late. Tomorrow is the only day the FI and I get to spend together, I think we are going to sleep in, plant some flowers in the yard, and go out to dinner. Sunday, FI has to work overtime for work alllll day because a huge soccer tournament is in town. The money is fantastic and something we cant pass up, but I am still sad about it. Monday, I have to work. lame.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ed5163bc-9280-4d6d-8f79-b9fad8fa3eddPost:71dc5e86-b405-489b-8e50-84ae150664c9">Re: TGIF!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hoping to get out of work earlier as well! We are going to a cookout tomorrow night, and we are getting our e-pics done on Sunday (as long as it doesn't rain). Other then that I'm just excited that FI has Monday off (he usually works holidays) so one more day for us to hang together. Kelly - thanks for the tip about the Red Sox games, I like to surprise my FI with tickets once in a while, but since I'm not from around here I'm always at loss what section to get the tickets for!
    Posted by anastassiiat[/QUOTE]

The Bud Deck is standing room only but there is an amazing view. I do not recommend it during the day because it gets so hot! Behind home plate is nice too :)
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I are both at work. He's off at 3:30 while I'm here until 5. We'll be in St. Louis tomorrow because he has family coming in from California to visit with. Other than that, we'll be working on our trailer. I would love to move in next week! We'll just have to wait and see how things go. I should be getting my stove and fridge later today. Just waiting on there to be enough boys around to pick them up for me. Other than that, we have a ton of cleaning to do since we got our water turned back on.

It sounds like a lot of you have some exciting plans for the weekend. Have fun!
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Got to work. Off monday though

• Sooooo excited for the long weekend! This week seemed like it was never going to end. I got early today which never happens, got a pedicure and went tanning. We booked our tickets to Colorado and Oregon for next month, finally he made a decision! We're going to my sisters tomorrow so my FI can play handyman then we have a cookout Sunday and Monday I will be cleaning, baking and relaxing (hopefully). Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards