June 2013 Weddings
Options

guest list

I really dont want to do this lol. Mainly because i know im not going to have alot of people on my side. Seems like no one believes in family events anymore. I know, i know, its not about the size of the wedding its about us. Guess i just always wanted a big family wedding

Re: guest list

• Options
    Sorry you won't have many people from your side. I thought when we started doing our guest list it would be a lot bigger and was surprised that it was only about 130 people. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I haven't started working on my guest list as well. A lot of my family is out of country and won't be able to afford to come to our wedding, so I'm a little bummed about it, too. But my FI has a huge family and we have a lot of mutual friends in the area, so we are happy that they'll be able to share this day with us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI is in the same situation as you. His hometown is in another country, and therefore so are his dearest friends and some family. Luckily, his siblings and aunts live here though and his parents will be traveling to be at the wedding.
    I heard of people broadcasting their wedding, kind of like skype, and their family and friends can log in and watch the wedding as it's happening. Have you heard of anything like that? I didn't quite read this page, but I did a quick google search and it came up: http://elegantevententertainment.com/2010/wedding-planning/skype-for-weddings-broadcast-your-wedding-live-for-friends-and-family-who-cant-be-there/
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    my list is about 143 people, however, a lot of them are from out of the country and will not be able to attend, we're thinking that we'll have approx. 80-100 attending... When I started, i was surprised it was that many people! it's already been pruned three times, the first list was just over 200. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my list is about 143 people, however, a lot of them are from out of the country and will not be able to attend, we're thinking that we'll have approx. 80-100 attending... When I started, i was surprised it was that many people! it's already been pruned three times, the first list was just over 200. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our situation is similiar... I have a huge, gigantic family and my fiance does not... I think we're probably just going to seat everyone on both sides so it doesn't look really heavy on one side.
    {June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to Re:guest list:[QUOTE]my list is about 143 people, however, a lot of them are from out of the country and will not be able to attend, we're thinking that we'll have approx. 80100 attending... When I started, i was surprised it was that many people! it's already been pruned three times, the first list was just over 200.nbsp; Posted by NicoleMarcelle[/QUOTE]
    143!? Jez...i know for sure we wont get near our venue limit. Its a small church, only 75 max. Idk if we can even get half of that
  • Options
    In Response to Re:guest list:[QUOTE]My FI is in the same situation as you. His hometown is in another country, and therefore so are his dearest friends and some family. Luckily, his siblings and aunts live here though and his parents will be traveling to be at the wedding.I heard of people broadcasting their wedding, kind of like skype, and their family and friends can log in and watch the wedding as it's happening. Have you heard of anything like that? I didn't quite read this page, but I did a quick google search and it came up: <a href="http://elegantevententertainment.com/2010/weddingplanning/skypeforweddingsbroadcastyourweddingliveforfriendsandfamilywhocantbethere/" rel="nofollow">http://elegantevententertainment.com/2010/weddingplanning/skypeforweddingsbroadcastyourweddingliveforfriendsandfamilywhocantbethere/</a>
    Posted by rooney2012[/QUOTE]
    ive never heard of it but it makes sense. I have no family in a different country but he has family in other countries, the only one that will be in another country is my brother, hes going to be teaching in japan and i wanted both my brothers to walk me down the aisle : i have family in hawaii though and my great aunt cant fly. Its just sad that family that does live here like my uncle around the corner and they dont want to come
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards