June 2013 Weddings

Belated Wedding Wednesday

Sorry! What's everyone done and have going on?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Belated Wedding Wednesday

• We have lots going on!

Last week we had our menu tasting and made all our menu finalizations. Our plated dinner will be a choice of surf and turf, salmon, or goat cheese stuffed chicken. Grilled cheese for the kids and eggplant napoleon for vegetarians. We set our apps too, but I couldn't even tell you since we won't be at the cocktail hour.

We also had our details meeting and got tons hashed out. We're getting excited! 

My dress came in last week so I went and tried it on last night. It's too big so I'll have to go in April to get it taken in. I also bought a veil last night. 

Ordered place cards, reserved the room for me and all my girls the night before, finalized my shower list with my MOH, and now I'm waiting on designs from Vinita for my invitations. 

Then on Friday we're going with FI's mom to the place we're going to hire to caterer our RD. So much!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Looks like we're on the same schedule!

We did our tasting last week and it was AMAZING.  I was nervous because it's an exclusive caterer with the venue, so we really had no options if we didn't like the food.

My dress came in and I went to try it on Saturday and it went well.  I still want to tone up those arms though :P

I firmed things up with our cake -- signed a contract, so that's good to go.

I think that's it for the week!
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I FINALLY have something to post on Wedding Wednesday!

We ordered bridesmaid dresses and have an appt. for my jr. bridesmaid.

We have an appt. to look at tuxes tomorrow.

We met with the venue coordinator today and set up our time frame and pretty much finalized our menu.  We are also having our after party there because they have an awesome outdoor bar and fireplace and the coordinator told us today that they have a great band already booked to play that night and they will go on after our dj wraps up.

I think we picked out our wedding song...I'll be looking for opinions on that in another post.

We found the wooden whale that will be our guest book and the guy making it is also going to send us an extra piece to test what type of pens work best.  And he didn't think we were whacked. 

We picked up everything we need to make the bm's seashell bouquets, my bouquet and the boutanieres.

Made an appt. to talk to a cupcake baker for the dessert.  FI's idea.

We picked out two poems to be read at the ceremony and then also narrowed down vows to two that we like.  We thought about writing our own but I would probably fall apart and cry so I have to do something a smidge generic.  Then my daughter when helping me look found a poem she wants to read for the toast, Carrie's poem from Sex in the City, which really is beautiful and at the same time funny because all my friends have assigned SITC personas so they will all get a kick out of it. 

And we met our minister and we love him and he loved us.  We are not getting married in the church we belong to because I am not catholic and don't want a catholic wedding.  Our friends recommended their old church because it is basically a 3 minute drive to our reception venue.  The minister is a practicing buddhist but also a universalist minister.  He is thoughtful, spiritual and laid back which is exactly what we wanted.  

It feels like we got a ton done but my list is still soooo long. 
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gah! It's getting so close.

Currently, we are in-between a lot of things.

My sister and I finalized dates for my bridal shower (my side of family) and bachelorette party. The shower will be May 18 and the party is June 15. FI's family is doing a separate shower for us for his side, since his family and my family are over 4 hours away from each other (we're right in the middle). Still no word on when that shower is, but his aunts are organizing it, so I'm not worried.

We set-up our tuxes last weekend. All the men will be in a the same black, 2-button tux but will have different vests/ties/pocket squares (FI's are ivory, groomsmen have plum purple, ushers are wearing pistachio green, and our dads will be in silver.). That was such an easy appointment!

Our pastor told us about a week ago that he won't be able to do our wedding since he'll be at a youth gathering, so our associate pastor will be doing it. We haven't met him yet (we started pre-marital classes last year with pastor), so our first meeting with our actual officiant is next Saturday. I'm also trying to get in a meeting with our florist since she said to come back in January to "play with flowers" to figure out the exact look of what we want.

Other than that, we're just getting ready to order invitations, decide on gifts for parents/grandparents/wedding party, and hope to start our registry next month. Busy, busy, BUSY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! Seems like things are speeding up for us all! 

Tomorrow is a big day for us; we will be meeting with a potential rabbi to co-officiate in the afternoon. Then we will be attending the seasonal tasting event at our venue to taste the in-house caterer's menu. Then we will be able to make our selections. Really excited about that!

This past Sunday, FI bought his suit at Brooks Brothers! Winter sale yielded a 50% savings! He was so excited and looked so handsome! It's currently in alterations and will be ready to pick up Feb. 3rd.

This weekend coming up, my mom is in from San Diego and we have a meeting with the florist on Saturday to finalize the flower contract and confirm color choices and centerpiece designs... We may even end up scheduling another meeting to see a sample centerpiece, not sure about that yet. And Sunday I've set up the first cake tasting at a local bakery. Not sure if FI will be able to come with us (mom and I) if he ends up working that day, but it's really just a preliminary tasting at my third choice of bakery... There are 2 others that I really have more interest in and this tasting was just a last minute idea to maximize wedding activities with my mom while she is here.

I am also going to show her our final stationary selections and make a plan for ordering them by the end of the month. 

In the meantime our Snow White cake topper came in the mail today! It's prettier in person then I was expecting, we LOVE it!

And I'm hoping to get my linen samples in time to bring to my florist appointment.

Anniversary
  • emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2013

Since I was too lazy to get to a computer last night...

...I had my first dress fitting on Saturday. The seamstress doing my alterations gets really busy during prom season, and since my dress has some PITA details she'll have to deal with, she asked me to bring it in early. She's doing a front hem, darts on the sides to pull the bust in (since currently there's enough room in there for me to fit my cats down the front of my dress, I think), adding cups (yay bra-free wedding!!), and shortening the shoulder straps. She's also doing an American bustle. It was neat to see my dress all pinned to see how it will really look on me, instead of being like 6 inches too long. I did have a mini-heart attack when she whipped out the scissors to snip apart the layers on the skirt so that she could pin them properly.

Also, we ordered the digital file of our invites and we got the first round of proofs back yesterday...I love them!! She should have them finished this week so I should be able to order them from printing this weekend.

We also hashed out some details with our caterer, and have revised our tasting menu a little bit.

I also asked my mom if she'd make some sort of table runners, since she's a skilled seamstress herself. I can't find any that I like in the color I'm looking for.

Oh, and my sister sent out the invites for my bridal shower, and I received mine in the mail Tuesday. It made me laugh that I got invited to my own shower.

Edit: Also, we did our Macy's registry this weekend. So, yay for finishing our registries.

• I went to a bridal faire on Sunday and it was very overwhelming!  But I did make progress in finding a florist, DJ and photographer I liked, so now I just have to do the follow ups with actually booking and whatnot (photographer meeting is Sunday so I hope it goes well).  I also have been researching make-up artists and will set up some trials soon to nail that down.  I've made conatct to booking another block of rooms at a hotel as well so it's been nice to check a lot of things off my list.  Oh and today I've been narrowing down music choices!  I still have to fill in some blanks, but making progress on that.  We have our appointments set for bridesmaid dress shopping in a few weeks too :)

We have our menu planning on Sunday so am looking forward to that!  Its all so close yet seems so far away!! 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards