August 2013 Weddings

Shower is this Saturday!

• I can not contain my excitement about my bridal shower this Saturday.  Mostly because I am so excited to see a lot of my family from OOT and friends all together.  My future SIL has been doing a really good job with keeping most of the details top secret and not including me in any of the planning.  (I HATE not being in the "know") especially when it involves me. So I am pumped to see how she and the rest of the bridal party put it all together.
  • When are you all having your bridal showers? If you have an idea of when they may be.
  • Mine's earlier than traditional time frame you could say, b/c two of my BM's are OOT and are teachers.  They are on Spring Break this week and will be home for Easter. Hosting it now, saves them airfare and travel time. It worked out pretty well for other guests too.  I think we have 42 in attendance out of 55-56 guests.
    Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower is this Saturday!

• Exciting!!!  Mine is on the 20th so a bit early as well (with all the bm and mother's schedule's this worked the best- one doctor and one nurse so their schedules aren't so flexible!).  I'm trying to stop myself from registry stalking but it's hard!!
    I also can't wait to see what they do.  I do know where and when but that's all.  I'm very much a planner so not knowing or being involved in the details has been awful for me but I've been good about restraining from butting in :-)

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is so exciting!  You'll have to come back and tell us how it went.

I haven't heard anything about a shower yet, but I will be in the Philly area (where my wedding is & where most of my family lives) the first two weekends in June.  It's also very common in that area (and with my family) to have the bridal shower be a surprise.  I actually don't think I have ever been to a shower where it wasn't a surprise!  Not knowing anything about my shower (or if anyone's throwing me one) is killing me also, because I am usually the one planning everything.
  • How exciting!! I have NO idea when mine is, honestly. One of my BMs has to fly in from Indiana, though, where she's working on her Ph.D, so I'm trying REALLLYYY hard to not go look at her academic calendar to try and guess, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Exciting!! My shower is going to be May 4th. It's the day of the Kentucky Derby so we are dressing up in awesome hats and drinking tea :)

I am going to send out my invites in the next week and we have to finish registering!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_shower-is-this-saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:1506aaa0-49e0-4068-9529-b2de6288cb18Post:10937b00-43ef-478d-b4ac-807e928ff440">Re: Shower is this Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Exciting!! My shower is going to be May 4th. It's the day of the Kentucky Derby so we are dressing up in awesome hats and drinking tea :) I am going to send out my invites in the next week and we have to finish registering!
    Posted by Ashelton09[/QUOTE]

That sounds really fun! I do know that the shower has a vintage garden theme going on.  Based on what the invites look like, and some of the loose arts and crafts pieces that were lying around my MIL's house when I went there a few weeks ago. =P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_shower-is-this-saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:1506aaa0-49e0-4068-9529-b2de6288cb18Post:4baf632f-2c52-4497-bbfc-d61d4fb09135">Re: Shower is this Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shower is this Saturday! : That sounds really fun! I do know that the shower has a vintage garden theme going on.  Based on what the invites look like, and some of the loose arts and crafts pieces that were lying around my MIL's house when I went there a few weeks ago. =P
    Posted by teachmegs1[/QUOTE]

<div>Love the theme! That's basically the theme of my wedding!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good luck with your shower!

I have no idea when, where, theme, nothing...Leaving it up to the bridal party! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay good luck and enjoy!! I agree it's weird not being in the know- my BP had a planning party I was excluded from. My shower is going to be June 9 when my FI is away for his bachelor weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine isn't till June but I know it will be great. My mom and future MIL are planning most of it, they love each other so they want to do it together. I think it's adorable. My girls are coming up with the games and hosting. It will be so much fun we have a beautiful venue on the river, and we have it all day. They are great planners!!
    Bunny ??
  • Have a blast this weekend!

My shower is June 8. That and my suggestion for a guest list are ALL I know about it! I'm getting so antzy and deciding who from my family/WP I can trick into letting a few details slip ;)
  • Love the Derby theme! I hope you have an AMAZING shower teach!! I'm soooo excited for mine, but got a while to go--June 22nd!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    • So the shower was yesterday! Between all of the running around we did today, and being pooped out from yesterday after it was all said and done, I am finally getting to sit down and relax.
    • It was AMAZING! My bridal party, and others who were there early to help set up and decorate did an amazing job putting it all together for me. My dad catered it, and the food was really good. He did a really nice variety. Made to order omelets, Belgian waffles, bacon, sausage, wraps, salad, grilled chicken cesar salad, he had pizza rolls and mac-n-cheese for the little ones who came.
    • Everyone was complimenting the decorations and the desserts my soon to be MIL made. She did cupcakes in those flower petal baking cups and then took a plastic cup, filled it with green M&M's, and put the cupcakes into the cup, to make it look like a flower on a stem. 
    • Here are a couple of pictures; Me with the bridal party and one of the gifts that his mom had gotten us to use at the reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds wonderful!  I am glad you had such a great time.
  • Love the decorations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_shower-is-this-saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:1506aaa0-49e0-4068-9529-b2de6288cb18Post:8f6b4bb5-a584-4b83-bbd7-816cb010af16">Re: Shower is this Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love the decorations!
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

Thank You!  My FSIL has a degree in Fine Arts.  She is amazing. She made all of the decorations.  We did a Meet The Maids table.  I am trying to track down someone who took a picture of that, so I can put it up.  I like the fact that the decorations we used, are a smaller scale of what we are going to use at the wedding too.  She made a lot of Pom-Pom balls in different sizes.  Those will also be used in the reception decor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards