August 2013 Weddings

Pots pans

As we are discussing upcoming showers, did anyone here register at Macy's? If so, what pots and pans brand did you go with? Any suggestion?

Re: Pots pans

• We registered at both Macy's and Target. We registered for the martha stewart pans at macys. I don't remember exactly which ones they were but I do know they were martha stewart. 

If you haven't registerd yet I would reccomend having a game plan when you go, it can get slightly overwhelming. Also, don't let the brand reps bother you if they are there. It is annoying that they try to sell you their product, but it's just their job. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sarahk620sarahk620 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    We did quite a bit of research on pots and pans and ended up registering for the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel (at Macys). I received a few of the peices for Christmas and they are awesome but my only warning is that if you are used to cooking with nonstick it is definitely a change. There are a few rules for cooking in stainless steel so I had to change a few of my cooking habits but these are definitely top quality pieces. I think it depends on how much you plan on cooking and if you want a starter set or something that will last you for many years. Prior to these, most of my pots and pans were from Ikea and less than $20 so I am enjoying the upgrade! 

Side note: they frequently have this line at TJ Maxx/Home Goods, that's how we ended up getting a few pieces for Christmas! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at Macy's and BBB.  After a lot of research we registered for the Calphalon Unison Nonstick pots & pans along with a couple All-Clad stainless steel pieces.  The Calphalon Unison can ever go in the dishwasher, which makes for super easy clean-up, and they are supposed to be one of the most durable nonstick sets around.

Like Ashelton said, registering is really overwhelming.  If you haven't already registered I recommend researching online first.  When we registered in store we went for items that we felt like we had to see in person (bedding, towels, china, dinnerware, stemware, pots, etc) and then registered for everything else online once we got tired.
  • We registered at BBB and Macy's, and went with a Cuisinart stainless set. I prefer stainless steel to nonstick, because when used properly the food won't stick to it and you don't have to worry about scratching it and having to toss it like you do the non-stick . We went with a few cast-iron pieces as our "non-stick" alternative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• All Clad and Le Cruset from Williams-Sonoma.

I'm curious about the new Williams-Sonoma brand pots and pans, but they're very similarly priced to All Clad, and I'm confident in All Clad's quality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards