New Hampshire

Sound out!

Who do we got here?  Would love to make this an active and exciting board again.
image   imageimage
You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Sound out!

• Memememmememmememe I'm here! I'm Britni.

I grew up in S. NH and live in Belknap County now. I like Muppets. I like Cooking. I've been really into making fused glass art and painting pottery lately and I'm in grad school in addition to my full time job working in International Sales.

This is my second wedding, I know a ton of vendors that I can refer if anyone needs help.

I will organize GTGs if people come out of the woodwork.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Bueller.....
    image   imageimage

• Bueller....
    image   imageimage

• Hey there...I'm Heather.

I'm in Merrimack county. 

• Hi Heather! I'm so excited that I'm not talking to myself!  I live about 25 mins from Concord (I think that's in Merrimack County?" I do most of my shopping there anyway.

When's your wedding? Where are you in the planning process?
    image   imageimage

• Yes Concord is in Merrimack county.  I live about 15 min away from there.  Our wedding is June 7th 2014.  We already have a venue picked out and next week I am meeting with a potential photographer.

When is your wedding? How is your planning going? 

• Hi, Alexis here.  I live in Southern NH (Hillsborough County) and FI got engaged a few weeks ago. We're planning our wedding for June 2014 (still feels weird to say that!) so I'm just getting started and I've been lurking on TK a lot.   This is my first "official" post :)

• MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:ac9e759c-ed30-4ac0-9575-9ffa7334ed88">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes Concord is in Merrimack county.  I live about 15 min away from there.  Our wedding is June 7th 2014.  We already have a venue picked out and next week I am meeting with a potential photographer. When is your wedding? How is your planning going? 
    Posted by Rox2014[/QUOTE]

You're off to a start! Where are you having your reception? Let me know if you need any referals for vendors.

My wedding is Oct 6th at Stonebridge CC in Goffstown. I have all my vendors in order, ordered my cake, flowers, dress, just got my favors in and I'm kinda just sitting back right now. We are going to have photos taken at a baseball park for our engagment session and we are just waiting for the field to green a little bit hopefully. For this second, I am stress free! Knock on wood.
    image   imageimage

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:797de12b-b9d3-4798-9c8d-fc265dc7c6cd">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Alexis here.  I live in Southern NH (Hillsborough County) and FI got engaged a few weeks ago. We're planning our wedding for June 2014 (still feels weird to say that!) so I'm just getting started and I've been lurking on TK a lot.   This is my first "official" post :)
    Posted by ab6704a[/QUOTE]

Yay 2 people! Hi Alexis. I'm from Merrimack originally myself. Congrats on your engagement.
    Welcome!  Do you have an idea of where you want to get married?

Let me know if you need any ideas or vendors too. I'm a good resource.

To both of you, how did the proposal happen?? I was dressed as a Muppet for halloween at a housewarming we had and he popped the question in front of my whole family. It was incredibly appropriate. I couldn't stop laughing though because I knew the photos were all of me as Red Fraggle.
    image   imageimage

• Thanks!  The proposal caught me completely off guard actually.  We were in Florida for vaca and I insisted I wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom because I hadn't been in 15 years.  He was skeptical and thought I'd be bored but went along with it (and apparently started planning his proposal).  We got there and after going on one or two rides I was bored (he was right) and asked to leave and go to another park instead.  He still managed to wrangle me over to Cinderella's castle and get me to stand in front for a picture at which point he went down on one knee with the camera and the ring.  The funny part is that as he was trying to ask me a parade went by so I couldn't hear anything - it took a couple seconds to realize what he was doing.  He's not very sentimental/sappy so I would never have expected it at Cinderella's castle, which is as sappy as it gets :)

We're keeping it pretty simple and casual for the wedding, about 40 people and we're doing it in our backyard.  The biggest surprise in planning has been how expensive photographers are, that's definitely an area I could use a referral.

It's really sweet your FI proposed in front of your family and getting to share that moment.  I wanted to tell my folks in person so I had to sit on the secret for a week until we got back from vacation, it was really hard! 

What color pallette are you going with for your wedding?  Traditional fall colors?  I saw on another post that you picked your dress - it's super pretty.  How far in advance did you start your planning? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:39259ef4-6bf3-4ca9-8d78-af14bde13a07">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!  The proposal caught me completely off guard actually.  We were in Florida for vaca and I insisted I wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom because I hadn't been in 15 years.  He was skeptical and thought I'd be bored but went along with it (and apparently started planning his proposal).  We got there and after going on one or two rides I was bored (he was right) and asked to leave and go to another park instead.  He still managed to wrangle me over to Cinderella's castle and get me to stand in front for a picture at which point he went down on one knee with the camera and the ring.  The funny part is that as he was trying to ask me a parade went by so I couldn't hear anything - it took a couple seconds to realize what he was doing.  He's not very sentimental/sappy so I would never have expected it at Cinderella's castle, which is as sappy as it gets :) We're keeping it pretty simple and casual for the wedding, about 40 people and we're doing it in our backyard.  The biggest surprise in planning has been how expensive photographers are, that's definitely an area I could use a referral. It's really sweet your FI proposed in front of your family and getting to share that moment.  I wanted to tell my folks in person so I had to sit on the secret for a week until we got back from vacation, it was really hard!  What color pallette are you going with for your wedding?  Traditional fall colors?  I saw on another post that you picked your dress - it's super pretty.  How far in advance did you start your planning? 
    I love it!! We are honeymooning at Disney. I'm totally excited about it. I went to Disneyland a few years ago for the first time. I haven't really been to Disneyworld since I was 5. so I'm excited.

Backyard weddings are very relaxing and intimate. My friend had her RD (with all of her wedding guests not bridal party only) in her backyard and it was great because we got to mingle a lot more naturally. Her wedding was gorgeous at a vineyard but I missed the atmosphere from the night before.

My color pallet is teal, ivory, black and pumpkin.

I was engaged in October and I started some budgeting around then. I got more serious in late January when I realized I had to stop saying it was over a year away. I booked the Venue in February and I already had my vendors lined up so it was pretty quick to secure the details.

I am using Jeremiah True Photography for my wedding. I went to college with him and he's a wonderful artist.  His packages may have changed since he quoted me last year but at the time they started at $800 (I believe) <a href="https://www.facebook.com/JeremiahTruePhotography?fref=ts" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/JeremiahTruePhotography?fref=ts</a> I chose a $1,000 package.  Weddings are not his primary job, though he's done several. He does a lot of freelance work for real estate and does a lot for art. He shoots in a photojournalist style which I appreciate, was well in my budget, and honestly, I see when he adds new photos to FB all the time and those are what made me ask him if he'd do my wedding. 

Most of the other photographers I know start closer to the $1500 range. Let me know if you want more. I think there's a thread not too far down with others too.
    image   imageimage

• Hi!  Pam here, I am getting married in December.  I live in Hillsborough County (also about twenty minutes from Concord).  We should all do a GTG sometime!  Would be fun :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:797de12b-b9d3-4798-9c8d-fc265dc7c6cd">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Alexis here.  I live in Southern NH (Hillsborough County) and FI got engaged a few weeks ago. We're planning our wedding for June 2014 (still feels weird to say that!) so I'm just getting started and I've been lurking on TK a lot.   This is my first "official" post :)

Hi Alexis! Congrats on your engagement. I am also getting married in June 2014.  Do you have your colors picked out yet?
  • Hi Pam!  How is your planning going?  I think a GTG would be fun also!
  • MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:e3907595-95bc-4c75-bcc6-ba674b8128b5">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  Pam here, I am getting married in December.  I live in Hillsborough County (also about twenty minutes from Concord).  e should all do a GTG sometime!  Would be fun :)
    Posted by Pammie1983[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!!  I'm typically free tues through Friday evenings and often Saturday anytime. We used to have a weekly GTG on this board, it's how I met most of my close friends. 2 of them are in my wedding party. I am totally up to organize and I consider any event successful at least one other person attends haha

Where are you getting married? Where are you in the planning process? Are you having a winter or Christmas theme?
    image   imageimage

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:fe8f3ae0-97f8-42b3-9fb0-ec66741a1315">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sound out! : . I I am using Jeremiah True Photography for my wedding. I went to college with him and he's a wonderful artist.  His packages may have changed since he quoted me last year but at the time they started at $800 (I believe) <a href="https://www.facebook.com/JeremiahTruePhotography?fref=ts" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/JeremiahTruePhotography?fref=ts</a> I chose a $1,000 package.  Weddings are not his primary job, though he's done several. He does a lot of freelance work for real estate and does a lot for art. He shoots in a photojournalist style which I appreciate, was well in my budget, and honestly, I see when he adds new photos to FB all the time and those are what made me ask him if he'd do my wedding.  Most of the other photographers I know start closer to the $1500 range. Let me know if you want more. I think there's a thread not too far down with others too.
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check it out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:94ead825-5025-49fb-b7b9-aa63947e233a">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sound out! : Hi Alexis! Congrats on your engagement. I am also getting married in June 2014.  Do you have your colors picked out yet?

Hi Heather,

Thanks and congrats to you as well.  It looks like we're getting married that same day :)

We're actually going with shades of pink and accents of green.  This bouquet is my color inspiration:  <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/247205467018439063/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/pin/247205467018439063/</a>  (if the link works).

How about you, have you decided yet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:2e4ecb2a-5186-4ae4-8f1a-e880b634c802">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sound out! : Absolutely!!  I'm typically free tues through Friday evenings and often Saturday anytime. We used to have a weekly GTG on this board, it's how I met most of my close friends. 2 of them are in my wedding party. I am totally up to organize and I consider any event successful at least one other person attends haha Where are you getting married? Where are you in the planning process? Are you having a winter or Christmas theme?

Sorry for all the posts, I'm getting caught up from this weekend!

A GTG sounds great and it sounds like Concord would be pretty accessible for everybody so far.  Maybe a few more people who've been lurking will chime in :)
  • I am getting married December 27th (Friday....partaaaaaay!) at the Bedford Village Inn!  It will definitely have a Christmasy feel since it is so close (and all of those beautiful decorations are free hehe)...
    So far I have a dress picked out, BVI, a photographer, invites and ideas on BM dresses and centerpieces.  I have a lot to do, but don't feel too pressured. ;-)
    I am free most nights, just need to know in advance so I can arrange for the FI to take care of the kiddo that night. ;-) I would LOVE to meet some fun gals to hang out with! :)
  • Hello there!  Ok, I live in Nashua- NH native born and raised.  My FI was born in India, moved to NY when he was 8 years old, and moved to MA about 6 years ago where we met while I was in college in Boston.  We're getting married in 4.5 weeks!  Whoohooo!  We've been engaged 22 months now, so it's about time!

We're getting married at Cruiseport in Gloucester, MA.  Our florist is from Derry though and he's amazing if anybody needs a referral.  Our colors are mostly ivory and gray, with some pops of blush pink.  I keep calling it "modern elegance", but my FI giggles everytime I say that- he thinks it sounds so "bride" of me.

I'm pretty well known on E for my FIL stories.  If anybody wants some entertainment, I'll let you in on my "not so, big, fat, Indian wedding" saga.

I'd love to have at GTG. I'm a little busy between now and the wedding though :(  Weekends are best for me.  I work weekday nights until about 10 pm- thus the reason why I'm posting at 2 am.  I have an odd schedule. 

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay! more folks! 

We can do mulitple GTGs. This board used to do one once a week back in the day.

Anyone interested in Friday night this week or next? Saturday also works.
    image   imageimage

• Hi Everyone! My name is Heather too and I am getting married in 18 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am from Southern NH!
  • Wow, that's very soon!
    image   imageimage

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:331c9e65-679c-4312-bf31-c58d79bc654d">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! more folks!  We can do mulitple GTGs. This board used to do one once a week back in the day. Anyone interested in Friday night this week or next? Saturday also works.

<div>I could do Friday this week. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:01e6b8fa-12ce-4c0f-b22c-6bbbd27e6c92">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sound out! : Hi Heather, Thanks and congrats to you as well.  It looks like we're getting married that same day :) We're actually going with shades of pink and accents of green.  This bouquet is my color inspiration:  <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/247205467018439063/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/pin/247205467018439063/</a>   (if the link works). How about you, have you decided yet?

Those colors are great.  I think I would have picked something like that but my FI said no pink =(  So we decided on navy and lime.
  • Wahoo! Anyone else good for Friday in Concord somewhere? What's a good place? I always end up at Applebees. I would love to go someplace that isn't Applebees.
    image   imageimage

• I can't go Friday, but I suggest Hermanos- I play there often so I like to patronize or encourage others to do so.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_sound-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:773ae214-4134-447e-aae9-dea8eb62eb65Post:e87ce7a4-dfad-44f3-b91e-1f2a27e57cd8">Re: Sound out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sound out! : Those colors are great.  I think I would have picked something like that but my FI said no pink =(  So we decided on navy and lime.

One of the many many reasons I love my FI.  We set the budget and as long as I make sure to hire a good caterer and invite his friends, he'll let me handle all the decorating details :)

Lime and navy is really cool though, I haven't seen that color combo much so it'll be unique AND pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards