Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

A MIL story for your morning LOLz (long!)

I finally uploaded pictures of MIL's Christmas gift to B. and I to my laptop. She really hit a home run!

Wow look at that – MIL finally figured out that I prefer eco-friendly gifts. How do I know? Well, looking at that giant rip in the side, she’s clearly recycled that gift bag a few too many times. Way to go green this year!

Note: B. and I are still debating if “Ho, Ho, Ho” was name calling aimed at me :P

Alright…let’s start pulling the goodies out of the bag

Wow – glazed pecans. With dollar store price tag attached. Awww! You shouldn’t have!

A dollar store game. She’s going all out on our gift this year!

Oh, and look at this. A movie. The back of the DVD says it’s about a man who “Saved his marriage and his life through his faith”. AND has a couples’ activity journal do-dad that goes with it. Only MIL can manage a gift that get preachy, screams that she thinks our marriage is still doomed, and says “nanny nanny boo-boo, WE already did this”. Going up on Ebay tonight!

The oddest shirt – in a flattering shade of puke green. Yes, those are monsters. There is also one large monster on the back.

You may be wondering – what’s better than one hideous hoodie?

MATCHING hideous hoodies. Already dropped off at the local goodwill (along with puke green monster shirt)

And a pair of socks.

Re: A MIL story for your morning LOLz (long!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW Jenn. I have no words. I cannot believe that is what she bought you!

Lurve the fireproof DVD and workbook, OMG! And oh those matching hoodies are just awful. Who would wear them?!

What did you guys buy her in return?

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jbee - I WISH we had gotten her a dollar store gift in return! But she got a lovely pearl necklace off of Etsy that I wish I had kept for myself :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should raid her jewelry box (if you ever) go to her house, and take that thing back! She deserves some coal instead :-P

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Jenn.  There are so many things wrong with that woman.  Wow.  Just, wow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHAHA!  How did she know exactly what you guys wanted/needed?  ;)

Fireproof really kills me.  And the matching sweatshirts.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg LOL. That is awful and hilarious at the same time. I seriously laughed out loud while reading your post. Your MIL is a big piece of work!
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - I can't believe you gave that shirt and hoodies to Goodwill.  I mean, they're adorable!! Surprised

She is a piece of work.  How did you manage to keep a straight face?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my...definitely worse than I envisioned. At least you're getting rid of some of it. Hopefully she doesn't expect to see you and B in those hoodies anytime soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

OMG I'm running to Goodwill right now to purchase your hoodies!  That is the craziest gift selection I've ever seen.  Thanks for the laugh!

I have to admit that DH's dad/stepmom gave us a bag of dollar store items also.  The only thing we didn't throw away was a candle.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF?  Oh, those hoodies- I wish you and B had taken a picture in them :)  It would be the perfect cover art for your early 80s rap album.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_mil-story-morning-lolz-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:42d8b442-48b0-466b-a494-e51dd1a6fc20Post:f2b98036-4044-41ed-9430-a0dbc2bd631c">Re: A MIL story for your morning LOLz (long!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF?  Oh, those hoodies- I wish you and B had taken a picture in them :)  It would be the perfect cover art for your early 80s rap album.
    Posted by LaFemmeRousse[/QUOTE]

LOL, Lafemme!! And Jenn, wowee. I can't imagine how you kept a straight face opening all that, really. She's just sooo crazy. Seriously, how is she able to stay out of the insane asylum? She should've been committed long, long ago! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I could seriously not find anything funnier than that in my lifetime. Whoo. Man. That is amazing.

We came in second perhaps with Stepmom's gifts to Mike (and I): a set of very easy wooden block puzzles from Marshalls "for Mike to use when Molly is too scared to go out when it's snowing.", a book on wine to mirror last year's identical gift to Mike because she knows that he loved it (He doesn't drink wine), and a first aid kit for us both.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That's amazing!  How can anybody give gifts that are that bad? 

I thought my aunt's gift to me of a Strawberry Shortcake Sticker/Activity Book in Spanish (which I don't speak) was bad, but your gifts take the cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where do these people come up with the idea that these are good gifts?  Really, a Strawberry Shortcake activity book for an adult?  In Spanish??  First Aid kits (I'm assuming not meant as a joke).  WTF are they thinking when they buy these things?
    /incredulous rant
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All I can say while laughing is WOW!  You deserve a medal for dealing with her.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was seriously DYING reading this.  Your MIL is such a wack job.

You and your brother look sooooo much alike, btw! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG is all I can say.

Fireproof is hilarious. It would be a perfect gift if the two of you were fundamentalist whackos! :)

Some people are terrible gift givers. And your MIL is just totally insane.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards