Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Weight loss

My wedding is seven months away I would like to loose thirty pounds before my big day :) any brides out there have any advice!!! I joined a boot camp three days a week

Re: Weight loss

• Options
    Definitely check out the Getting In Shape board here. They are full of great ideas! There are a number of apps you can use to track your calorie intake (which just as important as exercising).

Good luck! =)
  • Options
    I use myfitnesspal to track what I eat and my exercise. There's a great app for smart phones, or you can track online, all for free. How many calories you eat will depend on your current stats. The site will help you figure out what's right for you. They also have a great community so you can find lots of support. I'm considering going to a dietitian myself so that s/he can help me figure out what I should be eating in order to lose smart so that I'll keep it off. Congrats and good luck!
  • Options

Good advice above.  I would just add that sometimes cutting out really simple things can make a big difference:  no soda, no fast food, no snacking on junk, switch from whole milk to 2%, etc.  When I'm seriously dieting, I try and think about every calorie that goes into my mouth.  Do I really need that one cookie or mini-Snickers from the candy bowl, etc.?  Just cutting out alot of little things can go a long way.  And of course, exercise is key--you must burn more calories than you take in to lose weight, plain and simple.

The last two weeks before my wedding, I cut out caffeine, carbonated soda, processed foods (like Lean Cuisine) and salt.  My stomach was flat and my face wasn't bloated. 

• Options
    I second MyFitnessPal app. Another good one is RunKeeper, which is great if you'll be doing running or walking as a part of your fitness routine. It's very encouraging, because they'll send you reminders when you need to go for another run (based on how many times a wk you told it you want to work out). And it also tell you when you break a new personal record (distance, speed, duration, etc). Running is a great form of cardio and one of the best ways to scorch through those calories and burn fat.

And like Stephanie said, simple switches in your diet can make so much difference. For example, if you like sour cream, switch to a plain greek yogurt instead. It's less fat and more protein. While it may sound difficult, cutting out dairy (cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, etc) can be really fattening. I recently cut dairy out (using some non-dairy items instead, like almond milk and soy milk) over the past 2-3 months, and I've lost about 7 pounds.

Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Which boot camp did you join? If it's the same as mine, maybe we can inspire each other. I need to lose 12 by Aug.....A few years ago, I lost 30 lbs in 4 months.... And only recently gained 12 back. It CAN be done. Your diet is 80% of it. You can do it!!! Another great app is Daily Burm.
  • Options
    Texas fit chicks in plano :)
  • Options
    I do Camp Gladiator, and I LOVE it. I had to stop going for awhile when we were planning the wedding due to the cost, but for Christmas this year H bought me a year membership and I started crying. I'm such a dork.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards