Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Venue help for russian/American wedding

Hi! First poster and newly engaged! My fiancé and I are both russian, however, I was born here and am more Americanized. I want a American type wedding with russian thrown in. My parents only want a typical russian wedding at a russian resturant in the northeast Philly . No thanks. It's important for me to have a nice venue that will allow us to use some outside catering and byob. Does this exist? Help!

Re: Venue help for russian/American wedding

• Options
    If you're interested in a winery, I know that Rosebank (Bucks County) does allow outside caterers and BYOB, provided any wine you offer to your guests is purchased from them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Depending on the size of your wedding Bolingbroke Mansion allows any caterer.  It's on the Main Line and really pretty.
  • Options
    veragabidovaveragabidova member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Hi. I am having a Russian food caterered by a Russian restaurant at a banquet hall.
    It is extra cost.

Basically when you look at venues, call and ask if they allow outside catering. (Only some of them do)

It really depends what is your budget as bringing outside caterer is extra cost.

some other choices from my search are: Pen Ryn mansion, La Luna banquet hall, Graystone manor. 
     Also depends on when your wedding is some country clubs might allow it.  
    I am getting married during a popular month, so didn't have a lot of options available.

Good luck!

• Options
    Thanks everyone. This helps!
  • Options
    Check out the Ukranian League. Not Russian, but sort of close. 

http://www.ukrainianleague.com/hall_rental.php
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards