Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Need some vendor referrals, thanks!

I'm getting married next August, 2014. My brother is the GM at East Coast Event Group, so we have some stuff covered, but I need some referrals for some stuff like decor, flowers, etc. I asked him to point me in the right direction, but he has a lot of vendor friends, that he gave me a list of people a mile long. I don't think he wanted to leave anyone out, or offend anyone, but this list is really overwhelming. Can anyone just maybe narrow this down for me a bit? Specifically, flowers and decorators. Thanks!!!

Re: Need some vendor referrals, thanks!

• Whimsical Welcomes gets raves on this board all the time.  Leslie works out of her home so she's less expensive than a store with more overhead.  And I compared!  She's very budget friendly and does excellent workl.  She is also really creative and comes up with lots of sketches and samples for you. I liked that I was a big part of all decisions and helped design my flowers.  She even found some DIY projects for me to do so I would be even more involved.  I love working with her and she is always quick to respond to my silly questions and explain things to me.  I like that she has more time to spend on weddings because she doesn't have to run a store. If she's no on your list, she should be!  Check out her blog and website for pictures.  www.whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com
  • I also highly recommend my florist, Precious Petals. Darlene definitely knows her stuff and she's so nice and easy to work with.
    Anniversary
  • I Second Darlene with Precious Petals. That is who I used. My flowers were gorgeous.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_need-some-vendor-referrals-thanks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:94c242a3-cf32-4923-bce7-a20d35412456Post:2b65f656-8868-4631-bac4-9de055ad111a">Need some vendor referrals, thanks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married next August, 2014. My brother is the GM at East Coast Event Group, so we have some stuff covered, but I need some referrals for some stuff like decor, flowers, etc. I asked him to point me in the right direction, but he has a lot of vendor friends, that he gave me a list of people a mile long. I don't think he wanted to leave anyone out, or offend anyone, but this list is really overwhelming. Can anyone just maybe narrow this down for me a bit? Specifically, flowers and decorators. Thanks!!!
    Posted by ragold515[/QUOTE]

Cescaphe Trolley is the cheapest transportation option I've found and my friends have used them and LOVED them. They don't do hourly rates (most places give you 3 hour rates, then additional hours are extra) - you get the trolley (or trolleys) for the day, pretty much, at a fixed rate.  And that rate is totally reasonable.
  • Whimsical Welcomes did the flowers for my wedding and I can't say enough good things about working with Leslie. She had so many good ideas for me that I had a hard time choosing.  And her final bill was under budget.  I had a great experience working with her and would highly recommend Whimsical Welcomes to any bride.  whimsicalwelcomes.com
  • We used Marcus Hook Florist for our flowers. Our centerpieces were nice bowls with waterbeads and submersed lights. We had Ron Evans Photography for photography. Wedding Bug videography for video. Dave's Limo's on the PA/DE border was only $448 for a 25 passenger bus. I think everyone of our Vendors was very professional and reasonable. 

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Jeffry Miller catering encourages Buttercup florists - very professional and very friendly! I've loved everyone I've worked with through them : http://jeffreymillercatering.com/buttercup/buttercup.html
  • First Class Rolls Royce...firstclassrollsroyce.com  if your looking for that Vintage Transportation...they have  pristine cars and good pricing.
  • I just got married on April 6th.  We used wegman's in warrington.  They have a floral shop there and they were AMAZING!  Nancy was so great.  I was in love with my bouquet!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards