Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

$10K Budget - Is it possible?

We are paying for our wedding ourselves and I decided that I do not want to spend an outrageous amount on our wedding. Spending $20K on the wedding to me is outrageous and I could pay off my car with that money instead. Now with that being said - I am looking for venues/ideas for about 130 guest around $30/person. We have considered destination wedding but we have two daughters that we would have to fly out as well so in the end we would be above our budget.

What are your opinions on Cocktail or dessert receptions? We are drinkers and dancers not so much big easters, so the music & alcohol is important to us.

Thoughts/opinions/ideas????

Re: $10K Budget - Is it possible?

• Options
    We had a 10K budget, I believe we stayed under it. 
    Places like Ballroom @ Boothwyn is 80/pp. 
    Lower Chichester Fire Company Ladies Aux was 22/pp for food. Provide own alcohol and cake. Was very budget friendly and we had about 130 people there. 

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Alot of reasonable places that I like are too far from me. I should have mentioned that I live in NE Philly and my ceremony would be in the NE as well. So driving to Boothwyn or any parts of Chester/Delaware county would be too much for myself & my guests. I am looking for something closer to us. I am leaning towards a church wedding in Fox Chase and would like something near the ceremony location.
  • Options
    yes! totally! Dont be afraid to ask for things ( extra food) without cost! my mom has paid for 3 weddings so far and you wouldnt imagine the stuff you can get for by asking!!
    Look into places that are BYOB and that allows you to bring in outside catering. I would also keep you guest list at about 100 people.  :)
  • Options
    We had looked at Heritage Hall which is around levittown, pa.  The caterer they have is pretty awesome and are very budget conscious Before we switched to a destination wedding we were going to use them.  They have some really nice and inexpensive packages.  And the caterer will sit with you and tell you the over all cost including taxes and gratuity,  He is also very honest.  They give you any food that is not eaten to take home with you,  They are really nice.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards