name change

I'm just wondering how the whole name changing process goes down... do we do it after or before the wedding? where do I go? any advice would be phenomenal!!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker Buying A Home

Re: name change

  • You do it after the wedding. Take your marriage certificate to the social security office. They'll change that, and then once you get your new card- you can change everything else. Drivers License is usually next. It's super easy, just a lot of different places to remember to change it.

  • great, thanks! soc sec office, and DMV to change drivers license. got it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Buying A Home
  • I bought a kit from with a groupon, and it was totally worth it - you fill out a bunch of basic info, then it fills out all of the different forms you need. You just print them out, add the required documents (usually marriage certificate and a copy of whatever you're changing your name on) and mail them in,
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:
    Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards