Pennsylvania-Central

Vendor Review DJ Soundwaves AND 4 DJ Quotes

Grade =A ....DJ - Soundwaves Entertainment

We got quotes from 4 DJs and we went with soundwaves because their ‘winter special’ gave us the best price.  (see below)  But what we got was 5* quality.  Chris the manager/contact person was very helpful in helping me plan the timeline of our wedding.   We couldn’t meet him in person due to our location in another state.  We corresponded mostly by email so I was surprised that he wanted me to mail a contract, and the one he mailed me got lost in the mail.  That was our only minor inconvenience.  He had a few forms to help with planning but we sort of customized our own plan.  They will take any special requests that you set up in advance.  They can even take a youtube song and save it to play later.  If you can send them a youtube link or MP3 they can play anything for you.  1 light feature is included or you can pay $25 for each additional or  $50 for 3 more.

I was slightly skeptical of having a different person there day-of than who we had planned with.  Craig the DJ was amazing.  We really liked him and he did a great job.  (1 minor mistake was we had asked a song to be dedicated ‘to the Bride from the Groom’ and he said ‘to the bride and groom’)  We requested gangam style and when he saw how much fun my family was having he played a 10 minute mix w mash-ups of other songs that have dances.  He was friendly but not cheesy.   My mom loved him.  Strangely, my photographer stepped up to kind of guide us to stay on our timeline but I think Craig would have been totally willing to move the party along if our photographer wasn't already doing it.  Between the 2 of them we didnt miss having a cordinator at all.

Here are my price comparisons

Celebrations      $695       for 4 hours          $100 each additional hour, cordless mikes and lights included in all

Soundwaves Entertainment       $795       4 hours, basic lights         $100 each additional hour, ceremony music  (BUT we actually paid $472.5 for 6 hours of service w their winter special)

Top Hat                $799 for 4 hours                $150 each additional hr

DJ Freeze            $1000 for 5 hours             $200 more for 1 hour with ceremony equipment

When I was trying to find vendors it was SO frustrating to me that almost nobody posts their prices on their websites AND almost no reviewers disclose what they paid.  I spend a lot of time finding the best deal for the best price so I hope this can help someone else save time.

Re: Vendor Review DJ Soundwaves AND 4 DJ Quotes

• Thanks for the info! I had someone in mind, but Soundwaves is also in that price range, so we may check them out, too.
  • My daughter used DJ Soundwaves for her wedding last April...and I am thinking that it was also Craig that was there that nite.  What a great job he did!  Highly recommend them!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards