Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Video yay/nay?

Hey ladies!

I am getting married next October and I am debating whether or not we should hire a videographer.  What are the pro's and con's?  For those who did not have a videographer do you regret it?  For those who did get a video was it worth it?  We've seen a lot of samples online and the majority of them don't look that great, and a few really do look amazing.  I know I will want to be able to hear certain things, but I'm not sure we can spend 3k+ for it.  Any thoughts?

Thanks ;)

Re: Video yay/nay?

• Options
    Personahlly, we felt like it was a waste of money. How many times will you really watch it? Yes it helps remember things that you won't but really, it's going to sit aroun 99% of the time collecting dust. We took that money we would have used and got a higher end photographer because we knew that we'd look at pictures a thousand more times than we would a video.
  • Options
    We did not have a vidographer and I regret it.  It would be my one do-over.  I have great photos but I would like to hear our vows.  I never even heard the music we selected as I was so concentrated on the ceremony itself.  That said, I would only do the ceremony, not the reception.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I have been married over 30 years.  We had the opportunity and declined an offer of someone videotaping our wedding and reception....gratis even!  We felt it might be too intrusive, we won't watch it, etc.  Oh how I wish we would have done it, including the reception.  Those kinds of things you might not watch or even think about until many many years later.  My mother has passed away.  I'd love to hear her voice, see her dancing and smiling at our wedding.  I'd LOVE to see a very young skinny me dancing with my handsome hunky wavy haired new husband.  My point is, if you are considering it, yes/yay do it do it do it !  How much fun will it be to watch again, with your own kiddos perhaps many years from now.
    HTH !
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    This is a common question on the photo/video board and the answer always seems to be that more people regret NOT having it than having it.

We used Dan from Poetic Cinema and loved him very much.  We definitely recommend having a videographer, it wouldn't have been the same without him:

http://www.poeticcinema.com/wedding/

At the least, a friend of mine had recommended to me someone who does this on the side for just a few hundred dollars (better than having a family member).  I remember him because we were considering him for rehearsal dinner.  Here's a clip of his work, you can email him at my199eventvideo@yahoo.com:

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you can afford it, do it. We didn't hire a videographer but we did have a friend kind of film the ceremony. I don't know about others, but I love knowing that I can pop it in the DVD and watch us say our vows anytime I want. Now, I've only done that once since we were married in 2011, but I like knowing I've got it all on DVD.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I say YAY!

We are using Studio Z - http://www.studiozfilms.com/blog
  • Options

Photo and video were 2 things that I did not skimp on - that's what you have to look back on your wedding day. My husband was against getting a videographer the entire time we were planning our wedding but I didnt back down. The day after our wedding, his first thing he said was "I am glad we got video - the day flew by!!" I agree.... our video turned out great and we watch it on our anniversaries!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards