Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Packing List

What were some things that you wish you would have remember to pack on your honeymoon??? 

What were some things that you were glad you packed on your honeymoon??

Re: Packing List

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_packing-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:058bca3b-c6c9-4492-8bad-6897dab54069Post:25cc0a5d-3272-4a95-9927-1e6ee071021f">Packing List</a>:
    [QUOTE]What were some things that you wish you would have remember to pack on your honeymoon???  What were some things that you were glad you packed on your honeymoon?? <a href="http://misstomrsandeverythinginbetween.blogspot.com/2013/03/honeymoon-packing-list.html" rel="nofollow">http://misstomrsandeverythinginbetween.blogspot.com/2013/03/honeymoon-packing-list.html</a>
    Posted by conger19[/QUOTE]

<div>Depends on where you're going.  Problem was, I think we remembered to pack everything and then some!   So I regret overpacking, especially since we struggled with weight limits at the airport (lower weight limits for interisland flights).  You will not wear at least 1/3 of what you bring, so pull out everything you want and then put 1/3 back in the closet.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I seem to forget silly things. LIke memory cards, tooth brushes (seriously...), car/cell phone chargers, sun glasses, etc.

I always just google Packing List "Destination" and it usually comes up with some good ideas.

Where are you going?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    We went to Hawaii for our HM.

I wished I would have packed SPF lip balm because my lips got so swollen and sunburned.

I'm glad I packed aloe, sunscreen, and a big floppy hat to wear.

It really depends on where you are going, though. If you were going on a ski trip, then obviously your needs would be different. I would try Googling for packing list ideas and continually add to it when you remember something else you want to bring.

ETA: Are you just asking in order to add things to the list you have on your blog that is linked in this post? I am not positive, but I think the TOS doesn't allow people to put links to personal blogs in actual posts, just signatures. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    The only thing I regretted was overpacking.   I now only pack a carry-on size bag.  Even for my 10 trip to Europe.   Sometimes I will check the bag, but I know it's not going to be too heavy.

Things to keep in mind:

You do not need a different pair of shoes for every outfit. 

You do not need a different outfit every night.  

You do not need 7 bath suits with 7 matching cover-ups if you are going to the islands.  Bring some woollite and rish your suit in the sink.  Wear it a few days later.

Always pack a pashmina or sweater.   Even in the islands you might feel a little bit of a chill in the air.   I always take a pashmina.  It doubles as a blanket on the plane and a wrap when I need one and it doesn't take up much room.

Mini-travel strip.  Mine has 4 plugs.  Great for places that do not have a lot of extra outlets.

The rest of the stuff really depends on where you are going.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I always overpack.. 
    That's why (it drives my H crazy but) I pack a week in advance. Why? Because then I can slowly look at my packed bag and thing, "Do I really need that?"  "Will I actually wear that?" "Those shoes only go with one outfit.. That's not wise.." "I should bring a smaller bottle of____" etc. 
    It works every time, and I still end up with a little extra, but nothing outrageous. 

I am also a crazy list person, so things that I know HAVE TO BE PACKED but I can't pack until the last minute (hair straightener, cell charger, razor, etc) I put on a list that stays on my nightstand until the morning of. 

It may seem a little silly, but I grew up travelling everywhere (Grew up in Alaska, Washington, California, Germany, etc as an Army brat) so it's been years of perfecting what works for ME. Everyone has their own system.  
    The only thing I ever have truly forgotten that I end up kicking myself for is cash. I'm bad about keeping cash on me, and it can come in handy A LOT. 
  • Options
    Completely depends on where you're going and the travel style 'budget' and you do a lot for yourself through All inclusive I highly recommend packing lists online. They come tailored to destination and travel and transportation style including plane vs train, etc. Also, don't over pack. Period. Unless you're paying for porters you'll most likely regret it as you lug around those extra shoes and clothes. I do up to 4 days in a regular backpack, 10 in a carry on suitcase. Sometimes, me and my husband can share the single carry on. I believe in packing VERY light.
  • Options
    i have a perpetual list that i use for stuff-chargers, medications etc.. that way nothing like that is forgotten. for clothes i put a few combinations of outfits together for half of the trip. that's it. no overpacking. i bring my travel clothesline and tide packs.

as for specifics-it depends on the destination, length of time you'll be there, dress codes (if any).

• Options
    My logic is unless your going to an island or in the middle of nowhere, as long as you have your id/passport, credit card and any mediations you take, anything that you may have forgotten to pack, can be bought.

I agree, don't overpack though which is easy to do. Try to pick a color scheme for all your clothes if possible so you'll need fewer shoes, purses, and accessories and you can mix and match more between outfits.
  • Options
    Like PPs said, it really depends on where you're going.  When we go to Hawaii, I don't stress as much because I know I can find a Walmart or CVS or something to pick up anything I forgot.  If I'm going to a foreign country though, I usually pack a lot more of the essentials that I might not be able to find if I forget anything.

As for clothes, again, that really depends on where you're going.  Most of our vacations recently have been beaches, so I usually pack a couple pairs of shorts, more tops, a few dresses, and about 3 swimsuits.  For a week, I get everything with room to spare in a carry on. (we do check a bag with our dive gear and liquids though, so we don't have to worry about buying travel size stuff)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I pack:

Wrinkle spray and a few packets of mild soap- rinse out tank tops and bathing suits and hang over shower to dry.  The wrinkle spray helps for the tank tops, jeans, shorts, etc. after hand washing.

1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of good walking shoes.  wear one on the plane and pack the other.  Put toiletries or clothing in a ziplock bag and store in your shoes for extra space.

Small sewing kit and small first aid kit with extra bandaids.

Spot remover pen

Ziplock bags

If you bring jewelry bring gold OR silver, and small, costume stuff, nothing valuable

Bring a pair of jeans, a couple of tops, a nice dress or skirt, 1 pair of hose, undies, hair dryer (check and see if the hotel has a dryer- it should be on their website), toiletries, 2 pair of lightweight socks if you are bringing sneakers  Pick a color scheme and stay with it.  I do black, gray and white with a pink pashmina, pink scarf and jewelry with pink stones.  

Aloe, sun screen, insect repellent

Eye glasses repair kit, if you are going to be on a cruise ship, they have them but they are expensive.  they do not take up much space.  

Also, cruise ships have very few outlets, so take a power cord

Safety pins

A teeny tube of safety glue saved my life once.

Small flashlight

• Options

I found while travelling the items to remember are things like sun block, Advil, tampons, (hopefully not something you'll need on your honeymoon..but hey, things happen)! Sunglasses, toothpaste, birth control, a mini first-aid kit, etc. Basically all of the potential travelling essentials that generally are incredibly over priced in tropical destinations. Sunblock, pain killers, ie:advil tylenol, & tampons seem to be higher priced items on resorts. Your best bet is to make a list of anything you may potentially use as a necessity, and bring what you can fit in your suitcase! Keeping in mind, overweight luggage can get pricey, so you may want to check with the airline to see what your weight restrictions are, as well as save some room to potentially bring any souvenirs back with you. :)

Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards