Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon destinations you like

Which place do you like to spend your honeymoon?

Re: Honeymoon destinations you like

• I like the Hawaii.It is so pretty.
  • We are going to Paris and Spain for our honeymoon. I feel like a lot of honeymooner's go to the caribean and I wanted to do something different
  • Have time to decide but I think we are going to go to New York for our HM then Toronto to visit my grandmother as she wont be able to come to our wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd go to any one of those places you listed!

We did a beach honeymoon because we married at our honeymoon location (Bermuda).  Oddly, we didn't spend too much time on the beach and instead traveled all over the island site-seeing.  At the end of the day, my husband would nap and I'd sit in the hot tub to read.  We'd then go to a late dinner and have a few glasses of wine.  It was perfect.  But, that schedule could have been followed in any of your listed destinations!
  • I've been to Hawaii, Paris, London, and LA. I enjoyed every place except LA. But I don't know that I would recommend London & Paris as HM destinations if you are going RIGHT after the wedding. We left two days after the wedding and we just wanted to unwind, relax, not feel pressured to do a million things. I find when I go to a place like London and Paris, I need to get up early, pack the day full of museums & site seeing, etc. That's why we chose Hawaii for our HM-we had lots to see and do, but it was at a more relaxed pace. And we felt no guilt about hanging out at a beach all day. 
  • I've been to all of those. I hate LA. Otherwise it's a matter of what I want to do. We picked a South American jungle and beach. We like adventure.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-destinations-you-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:1e7dcff4-fcac-4deb-bdc0-57d5adee8ef7Post:25cb197d-f8c0-422c-8c11-717b58885847">Re: Honeymoon destinations you like</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd go to any one of those places you listed! We did a beach honeymoon because we married at our honeymoon location (Bermuda).  Oddly, we didn't spend too much time on the beach and instead traveled all over the island site-seeing.  At the end of the day, my husband would nap and I'd sit in the hot tub to read.  We'd then go to a late dinner and have a few glasses of wine.  It was perfect.  But, that schedule could have been followed in any of your listed destinations!
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

We also went to Bermuda. I can't wait to go back.
  • We went to Fiji because we just wanted to relax and lounge on the beach after all the stress and excitement leading up to our wedding. But most of the places you listed are destinations I love or would love to go to (except LA).
  • I chose other b/c we did a mediteranean cruise.
  • That is a very complicated question. I´m still trying to decide which place I like the most. 

If I look up the internet for the best places for a honeymoon, the beach is the most chosen for the newlyweds.

But what if I don´t really like to be at the beach. Then you have these wonderful places in Europe, or even in the US, in which you can be in a lovely town or an amazing city.

Bottom line, I still don´t know. I still have some time to think about it. But the more that I think, the less I get convinced by a place. 

• I have been to all of those places also. We went to Thailand, something a little different
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went to Sicily, so I voted "other".
  • I am going for a rebuttal from previous posters. We did a London and Paris Honeymoon leaving the Monday after our Saturday wedding and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. To me hanging out on the beach is boring. Also my husband and I had over a year to plan our wedding and we did not let it stress us out or cause us to be crazy (Let me tell you how many of our family and friends were suprised I was not going crazy!). We loved going somewhere with history and charm and seeing all the different sites and visiting the museums, churches and historical sites.

• check out anguilla, it's absolutely gorgeous!!
  • We're going to Hungary, czechoslovakia, Austria, Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia and Italy for our honeymoon. Woo hoo! Eastern Europe!
  • we have been to Cambodia after our wedding at Angkor temple it was incredible if you wan't to know more ask me 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards