Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Disappointments by the truck loads....

It looks like we are not going to be able to have a get away honeymoon after the wedding. 
FI is starting a new job and it looks like he won't even be able to get a week off.  I kinda expected it, but it's just SOO dissapointing. We have had a long distance relationship(I'm in Africa on mission work) the whole time, and have seen eachother once since we started dating in March of 2011. I am coming in a month before the wedding(July), and was SOO looking forward to have some time alone together. :-( 
I want some sympathy, and then I will pull myself together and go one with life. :-)

Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....

• Options
    That really sucks, I'd be disappointed too.  Maybe you can splurge for a short 'staycation' after the wedding, maybe just a night or two at a really nice local hotel, go for an expensive dinner, a spa treatment, etc.  That will at least give you a tiny bit of alone time together that will feel special (as in, not just at your house) to tide you over until you can plan a longer vacation together.

But the most important part is that you'll finally be married and together in the same place, so even if includes work and general daily life, at least you'll be together.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Forgive me, but you've only seen your FI once in person the whole time you've been dating? 
  • Options
    znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:9f4e6c29-e261-4806-96a0-a117f45ed614">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Forgive me, but you've only seen your FI once in person the whole time you've been dating? 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, but we have known eachother ever since we were little. Since we have started dating, we saw eachother once for about 2 weeks. But that's not alot considering we have been dating officially since 2011.</div>
  • Options
    znd13znd13 member
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:e131bb8a-302c-49da-b767-ab16a4d4912c">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Maybe you can splurge for a short 'staycation' after the wedding, maybe just a night or two at a really nice local hotel, go for an expensive dinner, a spa treatment, etc.  That will at least give you a tiny bit of alone time together that will feel special (as in, not just at your house) to tide you over until you can plan a longer vacation together. But the most important part is that you'll finally be married and together in the same place, so even if includes work and general daily life, at least you'll be together.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

<div><div>Yes, I am hoping to do that. </div><div>And yes, being married will be awesome in it'self!  I can't wait!  :-D </div></div>
  • Options

you said he cant even get a week off. well-how long can he have off? a few days? nothing?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:53239700-ee28-4ea2-baf8-98f5ba29fbee">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointments by the truck loads.... : Yes, but we have known eachother ever since we were little. Since we have started dating, we saw eachother once for about 2 weeks. But that's not alot considering we have been dating officially since 2011.
    Posted by znd13[/QUOTE]

That's very interesting.  I'm curious how he proposed?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    znd13znd13 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:38534827-bd40-4f16-aa0c-6fc51bc3022f">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]you said he cant even get a week off. well-how long can he have off? a few days? nothing?
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think any time off, but if he does, it will probably be just a day. </div>
  • Options
    znd13znd13 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:ef231e6e-668c-4711-92f5-eee9a7b7b24d">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointments by the truck loads.... : That's very interesting.  I'm curious how he proposed?
    Posted by Benny618[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe I am confusing you all. Which is easy to do with my life I'm afriad. lol

</div><div>We started dating early in 2011(which I was back home for a visit.) </div><div>Then in 2012 I went back and we saw eachother for around 2 weeks. It was in that time he proposed. :-)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:df50b855-3383-4a21-8ff3-d347e71275a3">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointments by the truck loads.... : I don't think any time off, but if he does, it will probably be just a day. 
    Posted by znd13[/QUOTE]

you said that he's STARTING a new job. can he tell them that he's getting married and has a trip for a few days planned already? most times companies will be ok iwth that.

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:6874ba8e-6d86-4a51-b483-cdbe848e0030">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointments by the truck loads.... : you said that he's STARTING a new job. can he tell them that he's getting married and has a trip for a few days planned already? most times companies will be ok iwth that.
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

Ditto this as long as he's upfront with his manager when hired they usually honor planned trips within a few months of starting a new job. He may just have to take unpaid time or go negative in his vacation balance but it's definitely worth it.
  • Options
    znd13znd13 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disappointments-by-the-truck-loads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a431be5-e2fa-4289-9820-906ccfd1f2c5Post:2e025106-a197-4798-8d3d-d51a1c5cffaa">Re: Disappointments by the truck loads....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disappointments by the truck loads.... : Ditto this as long as he's upfront with his manager when hired they usually honor planned trips within a few months of starting a new job. He may just have to take unpaid time or go negative in his vacation balance but it's definitely worth it.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I will let him know that. Thanks for the suggestions. 

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards