Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Jamaica honeymoon--Which resort? Laundry services?

I'll be getting married in October and we are planning on going to Jamaica for our honeymoon. We still haven't decided which ALL INCLUSIVE resort that we want to stay at. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It would be ideal for us to find a hotel that as a self service laundry room, so we don't have to worry about dirty clothes and having an extra suitcase just for that. Any suggestions?

Re: Jamaica honeymoon--Which resort? Laundry services?

• Options
    How long are planning on going? I have been on 2 week+ trips and have never had to do laundry. When going to tropical destinations, you will be wearing a bathing suit almost all day. I often bring things I can re-wear with a slight change up (a pink sundress that  can pair with a black cardigan/shoes or a brown ones or a skirt that I can wear with 2-3 different tanks). They will offer a launry service, which isn't cheap but it's certainly convenient, a you just leave our items for the maid and it's often in your room when you return from dinner. I am not familiar with one, but timeshare resorts often have laundry facilties, but then they most likely are not AI. As for what resort to recommend, providing us with a budget is  good start.

• Options
    I stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica in January and thought it was the most beautiful resort I've ever stayed at. The rooms were lovely. We have a one-bedroom suite that had 2 balconies (one off the bedroom and one off the living room), and a jacuzzi. The giant pool was awesome, and they had a few other smaller, more private pool areas as well. I don't know what your budget is, but as far as AI's go, I think it's pretty affordable. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you with more details about my experience, I'd be happy to do so if you're interested!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I stayed at Couples Swept Away about 10 years ago for my bithday and loved it! The beach in Negril is fantastic - I have yet to find one better. The water was calm, almost like a lake, and so clear I could see my feet. The service at the resort was wonderful too. Although it wasn't a honeymoon, I went with my ex-husband, and we both thought it was incredibly romantic at the time. We were there in late September, so it wasn't too far from the time you would be going. We were only there for 5 nights, so I have no idea about laundry service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to add - I don't know about the laundry services at GP Jamaica either, but I'm sure you could call or email any resort and they can tell you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_jamaica-honeymoon-which-resort-laundry-services?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:743949ef-832e-42c9-a64f-5fd74863b877Post:66a4d932-edce-436e-9832-01be181916de">Re: Jamaica honeymoon--Which resort? Laundry services?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica in January and thought it was the most beautiful resort I've ever stayed at. The rooms were lovely. We have a one-bedroom suite that had 2 balconies (one off the bedroom and one off the living room), and a jacuzzi. The giant pool was awesome, and they had a few other smaller, more private pool areas as well. I don't know what your budget is, but as far as AI's go, I think it's pretty affordable. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you with more details about my experience, I'd be happy to do so if you're interested!
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]
    I also stayed here and thought the same thing! We stayed for a week and a half and loved it. Look into going to Floyd's Pelican bar it is the best!!!!
  • Options
    A week and a half sounds great. I only stayed for 4 nights/5 days, and unfortunately it wasn't long enough to figure out the "right" spots to hang out. We didn't go to the Italian restaurant until our last night there, and it turned out to be our favorite place! I wish we had discovered it sooner. 

My only complaints about his resort were the lack of good entertainment, and the food in some of the restaurants. Also, the drinks weren't very strong (but I've never been to an AI where they were!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards