Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Florida road trip - suggestions?

My fiance and I are considering driving from Gatlinburg, TN and South along the East coast all the way to Miami and the Keys. This will be at the end of October.  Does anybody have suggestions on places to go, things to see/do? No theme parks please.

Re: Florida road trip - suggestions?

• Options
    My suggestion is really for the gulf side of FL, so if you happen to go over that way, check out Tarpon Springs - the historic distric is awesome. It's a little Greek fishing town with shopping and amazing Greek food. Clearwater Beach is a little north (I think it's noth) of there and the beach is beautiful. Honeymoon Island is also on the gulf side and is a usually deserted beach. It's very nice, but there are no facilities other than a shower. If you wander over the the western side of FL there are some suggestions :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! They both sound awesome! Love the Greek town idea, and my fiance really wants to go to St. Augustine! :)
  • Options
    hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013

East Coast:

Another vote for St Augustine. There are some nice B&Bs there. My brother actually got married at one of them. There is a lot to do there and is romantic.
    If you are outdoors people and get tired of the beach there are several springs in the Ocala National Forest and the north part of Orlando (state parks) that are beautiful.
    Second Dixie Crossroads restaurant in Titusville.
    For upscale shopping (or window shopping) I recommend Worth Ave in Palm Beach. Very ritzy place.
    Key West does not have beaches so keep that in mind. It is an eclectic place.

West Coast:
    I also like Tarpon Springs but there is not as much to do there.
    Sarasota and Fort Myers are interesting. I enjoyed the Edison museum (Fort Myers). Also the everglades is close - take an air boat ride. Sanibel Island is great for shelling, wonderful beach.

• Options
    I would check out Charleston SC....great beaches, lots of historical sights, and great food
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! Your suggestions were awesome!  We decided to take a cruise instead to make it more relaxing, but we still plan to take the FL road trip at some point so I'm going to save all this info!  THANKS!
  • Options
    I personally LOVE Clearwater.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards