Ohio-Cleveland

Honeymoon costs

We are booking our honeymoon to Puerto Rico and just curious how it averages to other trips. For 8 nights hotel, round trip airfare for us both, and rental car it's about $2,400. Is this a good deal?

Re: Honeymoon costs

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    We're doing a 7 night cruise out of Puerto Rico and staying in PR two nights prior to the cruise.  Our airfare is free...but for the cruise (meals included) and two nights hotel is just over $2,000.  For you you'll just have to be cautious about eating out the whole time...that can EASILY add up to $100/day if you're not careful which adds a lot to your trip.
  • It's really hard to compare different locations but based on my own travel experience and knowing hotels generally cost more I would say yes did well. Ours is roughly $3100 for 2 nights in Wakiki and 5 nights on Kauai. Airfare, inter island airfare, car rental on both islands, 2 nights in a hotel and 5 nights in a condo in that price.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Thanks! We figured we'd spend a lot on food..we didn't want to get an all inclusive type thing though because we'd like to do it on our own
  • Also, how did you book your trip? Did you do it yourself or use a travel agent?
  • All on my own. Lots of research, a few books and trip advisor forums. Briefly checked with a travel agent but the price was utterly ridiculous.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I did it on my own... Lots of Googling and checking reviews for stuff.  Trip Advisor is awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards