Ohio-Columbus

Via Vecchia

I can't seem to find any recent reviews of Via Vecchia. Has anyone been there for a wedding with in the past six months-year? If so, I would love some feedback.

Did you choose "family style" dining? If so, how did it go over? How was the food? Were they open when it came to outside white wines? Sparkling wines?

Is it crowded/cramped? How many people did you have?

Thank you in advance!!

Re: Via Vecchia

• I helped set up a wedding there...it was gorgeous. The space was beautiful and really was perfect for a reception. I don't know any details...sorry...like I said I just helped set up :)
  • My Fiance and I toured the venue a couple of weeks ago!  While we absolutely loved the space and the people--we just couldn't get over the facility rental fee.  Because they do outside catering (Scott is exclusive to via vecchia so you have to go with him)--they charge a $3500 rental fee to have the space for the day--this is on top of food, beverage, 20% gratuity and tax.  It didn't make the venue out of our price range, but we felt like we could use that money elsewhere and went with Dock 580 instead where you just have to hit a minimum spend instead of a seperate rental fee.

good luck!
  • I'm getting married there in September and the bride facebook page is a TON of help. There were recent posts on food, including family style, and all the reviews were great. I did hear one review that the food was cold, but that is the only negative. I am doing family style and hope to have 150 (inviting 170ish). How many are you inviting?
  • In Response to Re: Via Vecchia:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married there in September and the bride facebook page is a TON of help. There were recent posts on food, including family style, and all the reviews were great. I did hear one review that the food was cold, but that is the only negative. I am doing family style and hope to have 150 (inviting 170ish). How many are you inviting?
    Posted by ashmalone3[/QUOTE]

So - do you have to have Via Vecchia actually contracted before you can facebook with via Vecchia brides?  hmmmm

• I just looked at the closed facebook group, and saw that Via Vehhicia and the caterer were the administrators.  Says "closed group fro Via Vehhechia brides"

• I am getting married there in September, and I was a member of the VV Brides page before I booked.  They just told me to request them to add me to the page.  If you have toured the facility, I am sure they will accept you.

I plan on doing buffet for my wedding, and we are hoping for a more intimate crowd of about 120 people or less. I love family style but my fiancé had a bad experience at another wedding with family style because some people eat more of the food, not leaving enough for others at the table.  I think that was a rare incident though.  I find it hard to believe that a lot of people at the table would be rude enough to take larger portions of food, not leaving enough for others though I am sure it does occasionally happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards