New York-Hudson Valley

Help! Stranded!

We have a venue problem on our hands. We found a place we liked - a hotel in the Hudson Valley - checked that the date was available, and that our wedding party size was ok and visited the site. We confirmed that we would like to reserve the date, and the owner/manager said he would e-mail the paperwork for us to sign and make a deposit.

The man has gone completely missing! We have called and e-mailed. At first I thought he was being his iffy self as he had been a bit sporadic in responding in the past, but numerous phone calls, e-mails, and messages later, we think he just abandoned us for a larger group and is giving us the runaround. It's too bad, because we would have been flexible on the date.

So right now I have a mini-crisis on my hands and need a venue that:

1) will accommodate a 25-30 person wedding

2) is within an hour of penn station/grand central by public transport, and the venue itself doesn't require lots of walking after you get off the train (Some of our guests are elderly people and, besides, most people are already coming from out of town)

3) has great food

4) is located in a pretty setting that can host a ceremony outdoors - we've seen some prettified parking lots and gems among eyesores (I get sad and claustrophobic in closed-off catering halls)

5) doesn't have insane rules (e.g., out by 8, no music).

Ideas? Open to long island, westchester and hudson valley.

Re: Help! Stranded!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards